Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Jason Brown was AMAZING! What was NBC thinking?!

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Thanks so much for these links ! This is the first decent video I've seen of Jason.

During the JGP , I was checking out the clips ( all pretty poor quality ) to get a look at Andrei Rogozine , with whom I was unfamiliar ...and wound up being smitten with Jason Brown !

I look forward to enjoying his skating for years to come.

His coach seems wise to me. Even with fabulous talent, the student's physical development has to dictate when various techniques are added. ( This is true in dance,and I'm sure it must be the same in skating )

Thank you so much for the link. I had only seen his previous routines on You-tube & wanted to so watch him at Nationals. He's off to Jr. Worlds & if he skates like that he'll be hard to beat. Beautiful, smooth, jumps, great stretch & lines. He's wonderful. How exciting our future men's Nationals will be...Rippon, Mroz, Dornbush, Miner, Messing, Mahbanoozadeh & Jason Brown!

Medalist
    Thanks so much for posting. Beautiful skate, wonderful spins, love the ponytail.

Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Here's a HQ version of Jason's FS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFVz7WJgkK0

I watched the NBC broadcast online and read about Jason's skate then finally found it to download the other day. I was so impressed by the skates of Dornbush, Mahbanoozadeh, Rippon, Messing and Miner but IMO this tops the lot - no triple axel not withstanding. I thought he was wonderful and can't wait to see him develop over the next few seasons. A bit more physical maturity and strength, a triple axel and hopefully a quad and this boy will ROCK!!
    He has the ability to draw you into his program. Few skaters have that. I would expect the audience to be quiet throughout his skate and then rise up with bravos at its conclusion. I didn't miss the high level jumps. What jumping he did and with his spins and Flow over the ice was what I consider great figure skating

Custom Title
    That was exellent!

Custom Title
    I love Jason's long program. I decided to watch it for the first time yesterday and I wind up watching it 3 times. No one seems to be talking about him. I wasn't really into his short but his skating in the long has won me over. I think he has more talented than Evan and if he improves as he gets older he will definitely be better.
    Last edited by lavender; 02-02-2011 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I love Jason's long program. I decided to watch it for the first time yesterday and I wind up watching it 3 times.
    Only 3? I started at 11:30, and had to peel myself away at 2:30. :P

It's amazing that he received not a single -GOE mark from any of the judges in the FS, unique among the men. And all his elements got some +2's except for two jump elements. He really maxed out on the GOE's, a direct reflection of the perfection of his performance.

What I don't understand is how he could have gotten less than 7 in skating skills and transitions, especially transitions. I thought he had more numerous, better choreographed and more smoothly skated transitions than anyone else. At lease they gave him 7.54 for performance/execution in recognition of the stellar show he put out there (personally I would've given him more if Dornbush & Miner got 7.71, and Rippon got 7.96), but oh, well, for a first-time senior, those are good PCS's.

If he medals at JW, he will have earned a GP assignment for next season; and if he wins then he's likely to earn two spots, as JW champions often do. But Hersh's article seems to suggest that he will stay on JGP circuit next year. Maybe he and his coach want him to try out the 3A in programs in JGP first? That could be wise. Although Patrick Chan and Adam Rippon are both struggling through their 3A-learning phase in the full glare of the senior circuit, and have been doing all right so far. I think Jason is way more naturally talented than Evan Lysacek, I understand he and his coach don't want to get ahead of themselves, but I think he should aim higher than Evan did at this stage in his career. I wish singles skaters could do JGP and GP simultaneously like pairs. Sui/Han and Takahashi/Tran did very well this season down that route. They got the opportunity to get add new technical difficulty and get comfortable with their programs early in the season on the JGP circuit, then go out and test waters at the senior level too without high pressure/expectation to do amazingly well (though both did). Both of these teams grew by leaps and bounds this season, and I think being able to do SGP as well as JGP really helped with that.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Jason's fabulous SP is also on youtube now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaTW6dT3Yjc

Of all the American kids, he's the only one I would be giving huge PCS scores to.

He was severely wuzrobbed in this SP, particularly in PCS.

The reasons are all bad:
    1. He's only 16
    2. It's his first US Nationals
    3. He doesn't have a 3A

The crowd gave him huge standing ovations for both performances (SP & LP)

I wish him huge luck at Jr Worlds, because if he wins, he will surely go senior next year

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    He looks 16, but he sure doesn't skate 16. Amazing indeed.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Enough with the praise, it's time to nit pick.

Why does he do that 2flip~2axel sequence in the FS? And it was intended to be a 2flip, since he does two 3flips elsewhere in the FS. Even if he gets across the board +2 on the GOE (which he didn't at US nationals), it's still a lower score than the base mark of a 2axel/2toe combo. Is he incapable of doing combos after an axel jump? If he can, he really should change that to a 2axel/2toe combo. This would add +.62 to his base marks and give him more time to add another transition or take a breather.

Ponytails are never cool. Please chop that abomination off.

Custom Title
    Just saw Jason's LP at Nationals on YouTube. Wow he was incredible. Great speed and flow and he never telegraphed his jumps it's like they just came out of nowhere. I see great things for this kid. He won't even peak until 2018 so 2014 might be more of a learning experience for him just like Turin was great experience for Lysacek.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I like the ponytail. He looks like just another skateboarder... other skaters may not take him seriously. Hehe. Strategy.

Custom Title
    Maybe Jason will be the Shaun White of men's skater. Hasn't worked out to bad for Shaun now has it? Granted figure skating is a bit more old fashioned than the snowboarders. LOL

Custom Title
    Well I think he should try ice dance as well, he reminded me of an ice dancer out there, all's he needs now is a partner. I think he should do BOTH.

Btw, the first time I saw him I thought of Mitch from the 1993 movie "Dazed and Confused" ~

http://a.onionstatic.com/images/arti...0x1000_q85.jpg

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/phot...86-720-480.jpg

http://www.ourkitchensink.com/wp-con...tchen-sink.jpg

http://www.keira-anne.com/wp-content...gins-pic-2.jpg

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    He could also untie it and get a bit of a perm.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast