Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Jason Brown was AMAZING! What was NBC thinking?!

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    It really was the best choreography of all the Men. His spins were by far the best of the field and underscored too...he only received Level 3 calls but they all should have been Level 4. His first and last spin in fact had enough features to possibly qualify for Level 5, if such a thing existed. The Sit-change-Sit has a back entrance + difficult variation + 8 revolutions + difficult variation + 8 revolutions. The second Change-of-Foot Combination spin had a difficult flying entrance + difficult variation + difficult variation + 8 revolutions + difficult variation.
    Yeah, I was wondering about those spins myself. I thought he went extra safe on them by having so many features, and thought maybe I hadn't understood all the subtleties of the rules -- like you can't count 8 revolutions as a feature twice in a spin or something...

That was just amazing. And I really loved the 3F+2T+2lp i think it not only went really well with the music but all three jumps were great quality and he had flow out of the final jump.

There were so many higlights in the jumps - the 2Flip-2Axel sequence. BUt for some inexplicable reason my absolute favourite was him putting the solo triple flip across the rink instead of down! It was a surprise as I was expecting the loop or salchow.

I'm very pleased Rohene Ward is still involved in skating and helping this young man realise his potential.

Ant

Custom Title
    My expectation rises6 because I will see him live next month at JW!
    Hope he will appear confidently without any problems.

His free leg during 3Lz takeoff is a bit bothering me, though.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I've added all the other Jason Brown video links to the first post, for those who want to engage in a Brown fan fest

(May I recommend the Dallas Galleria "Let it Snow" performance, as well as both US Nationals SP & LP?)

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    I'm just going to double-post so this post can be easily deleted--thanks for putting up Jason Brown's other performances; however, some of the links are "off" with regards to the title, e.g. the US Nats LP link is the same as the SP; also, the Christmas Galleria one isn't right.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    hehe, so...after watching Jason Brown's US Nats SP, I was oddly reminded of Jeffrey Buttle. Maybe it was the bright shirt with puffy sleeves and sleek black legs.

I agree with LayFan's impression - he has an easy and fun-loving character that really does make watching him enjoyable.

Of his performances that I saw, his US Nats LP is definitely my favourite. I particularly liked the scissor-kick move he does going into his 3Salchow (right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5d4knHCWuY&t=4m59s ). Unexpected and beautiful and fitting in perfectly with the music (unlike my non-artistic description ).

Uh oh, I think he may be the first skater I have true hopes for development into the future--which means I may have to brace for the sadness others have felt when their favourites didn't quite make it... *crossing fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I've added all the other Jason Brown video links to the first post, for those who want to engage in a Brown fan fest

(May I recommend the Dallas Galleria "Let it Snow" performance, as well as both US Nationals SP & LP?)
    Thanks Doris, off to watch. What a performance Jason gave at Nationals. He was terrific.

Custom Title
    Jason blew me away. He skated so effortlessly and with great speed and flow. Notice how he never telegraphed his jumps in advance. Those jumps will get even bigger as he gets older. He might not even peak till the Olympics of 2018. Plus his coach is beautiful. Not that her being a hottie has anything to do with Jason's skating.
    Last edited by Jammers; 02-03-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Uh oh, I think he may be the first skater I have true hopes for development into the future--which means I may have to brace for the sadness others have felt when their favourites didn't quite make it... *crossing fingers*
    I felt the same way.

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    Someone beat me to this thread! lol. I saw this performance a few days ago, and I have been watching his LP performance non-stop. As said before, the kid has it ALL. At only 16, I see tremendous potential in him and his future stand as the top US man. Give him a couple more seasons and a few more jaw-dropping performances, and he will be one of the top men in the world. The music of Turandot has always held a a soft spot in my heart. Who can forget the performances of Shen/Zhao at 2003 Worlds and Shizuka Arakawa at 2004 Worlds??

I am not a huge fan of his SP. His choreography is good but the music is absolutely irritating. But without a doubt, Jason brown's LP brings out the best in him and is the perfect program to showcase his skills as a skater both technically and artistically. I will definitely keep an eye out on Brown next season. As far as I am concerned, if he continues to skate like he did at Nationals, it wont be too hard to gain the respect from the international judges.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Jason Brown desperately needs his own Wikipedia entry. Someone get crackin'.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Ponytails are never cool. Please chop that abomination off.
    Honestly, I took immediate disliking of him because of this ponytail. See how important the first impression is? Then I watched his skating. Understood why people are so crazy about him. He does have beautiful jumps, and deep edges. But that ponytail is still bothering me. No, I don't like him very much.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 02-04-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Custom Title
    He really is a Lysacek clone....but still lovely. His final combo spin though, totally channeling Evan

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    How is he like Evan? Because one of his spin positions is the same? He has better edges, far more musicality, more flexibility, a better sense of how to use his arms, and a different style (less bombastic). I will say that Evan was better at throwing 3Toe in combination and had a 3Axel at Jason's age.

EDIT - Actually, nevermind, Evan in 2003 was a year older than Jason is this year. So not a completely fair comparison even.
    Last edited by Blades of Passion; 02-04-2011 at 01:27 AM.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    I second what Blades said. How dare you, silverlake22! In older and better times, Jason would have proper cause to challenge you to a duel and by all rights he should win.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast