Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Jason Brown was AMAZING! What was NBC thinking?!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Fascinating interview with Kori Ade, a woman who started out on the sports medicine side of things (she has degree in Skeletal Biology), but eventually got into coaching. She didn't come from a competitive background, and Jason is her first high level skater. From the interview, I gather that she spent a lot of time and money to educate herself on how to coach the more advanced moves. She has dealt with a lot of doubt and skepticism over the years (apparently others have come up to her repeatedly telling her to pass Jason to a more proven coach). From how sound Jason's technique is, I think Ade has done a great job of learning how to coach.
    Shades of Brian Boitano and Linda Leaver? I know both Boitano and Leaver talked about how often there was talk about how Boitano should move onto a more experienced, elite-level coach like Carlo Fassi at the time. But to both of their credit, they made it work.

Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    What makes you all think Jason won't try a triple axle at Jr. Worlds? His coach said he's been training one but they didn't want to risk his first Sr. competition & being noticed if he missed/fell on it. If he tries & is successful at Jr's then where does he stand?
    Because if the triple Axel was consistent, he would have done it at Nationals. He'd be noticed if he fell on it there too.

Custom Title
    You know I actually liked this kid when I saw him skate, liked, not loved or sobbed or broke down crying thinking he was the Messiah, et al. But I have to be honest when I heard him speak in the K&C it was a huge turn off, his voice that is.

And he still reminds me of Sasha Cohen to a "T", but like Sasha when she first debuted, the hyperbull is a huge turn off as well.

Nevertheless, I hope the kid does well, he seems decent enough. Good luck at Jr. Worlds, Jason!

Custom Title
    Seems like having a coach with a back ground in sports medicine/bio mechanics could serve a skater very well. Not only helping to build strong technique but to keep them healthy for a long time. Let's hope!

Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    Seems like having a coach with a back ground in sports medicine/bio mechanics could serve a skater very well. Not only helping to build strong technique but to keep them healthy for a long time. Let's hope!
    I think having a coach who is *smart* is very important, which Kori Ade appears to be. Intelligence and dedication can make up for a lot of other things, plus every skater, every career trajectory, is unique in its own way, so having the flexibility to deal with each situation as it arises is a great asset.

Jason is competing in Junior Worlds this week. Let's give him three cheers!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    OK.

(Love Jason's skating)

Go Jason!!!!!

Four cheers! Go for it, Jason!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny0760 View Post
    I don't know many of them but Keegan Messing has solid 3A, Denis definitely has one... Yan Han has no 3A yet... if Brown and Yan Han develop further, they may be rivals in the near future.
    I think I read somewhere that Han Yan already has 3A and land it at Chinese national. If he develop more difficult jumping content and is consistancy on them, he will be the future of figure skate.

Sorry to mention him in Jason Brown tread

For that matter, Keegan has a quad in his LP. This is a risky strategy. His SP is fabulous, to Robin Hood, and he executed it really well at US Nats, finishing 4th in that part of the event in seniors. It is puzzling that his spins don't get higher values sometimes, and that appears to be a flaw in his coaching, since he is a great, fast spinner. He also should be able to manage better than level 1 or 2 in steps. Plus, since he has a decent 3Lo, I see no reason to have a 3F in the short and get the edge call, particularly since he did a 3Lo in the same place in the JGPF. IMO, he should have ditched The Incredible Hulk as an LP, since he looks more like [URL="http://www.spirithalloween.com/images/spirit/products/processed/00795070.detail.a.jpg"]The Little Green Sprout[/URL] than [URL="http://warrenholstein.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/the-incredible-hulk.jpg"]The Hulk[/URL].

His SP element list US Nats: 3A, 3Lz3T, FCSP2, 3F (edge call), CSSp4, SlSt2, CCoSp4:

His JGPF SP
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NmwdEbxOM8[/url]

His LP elements list US Nats: 3A, 4T, FSSP3, 2A, 3Lz2t, FCSp2, 3A2T, SlSt1, CCoSp3, ChSt1, 3Lo, 3F+2t+2Lo (edge call), 3Lz

His LP
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmQpxmak_7U[/url]

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    OK.

(Love Jason's skating)

Ditto, ditto!

Go Jason!

For that matter, Keegan has a quad in his LP. This is a risky strategy. His SP is fabulous, to Robin Hood, and he executed it really well at US Nats, finishing 4th in that part of the event in seniors. It is puzzling that his spins don't get higher values sometimes, and that appears to be a flaw in his coaching, since he is a great, fast spinner. He also should be able to manage better than level 1 or 2 in steps. Plus, since he has a decent 3Lo, I see no reason to have a 3F in the short and get the edge call, particularly since he did a 3Lo in the same place in the JGPF. IMO, he should have ditched The Incredible Hulk as an LP, since he looks more like [URL="http://www.spirithalloween.com/images/spirit/products/processed/00795070.detail.a.jpg"]The Little Green Sprout[/URL] than [URL="http://warrenholstein.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/the-incredible-hulk.jpg"]The Hulk[/URL].

His SP element list US Nats: 3A, 3Lz3T, FCSP2, 3F (edge call), CSSp4, SlSt2, CCoSp4:

His JGPF SP
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NmwdEbxOM8[/url]

His LP elements list US Nats: 3A, 4T, FSSP3, 2A, 3Lz2t, FCSp2, 3A2T, SlSt1, CCoSp3, ChSt1, 3Lo, 3F+2t+2Lo (edge call), 3Lz

His LP
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmQpxmak_7U[/url]

I'd love to see Keegan work with someone other that Rory for his choreographer, but he's very limited being here in Alaska - which makes his acomplishments that much more amazing, IMO - and from what I understand the expenses of senior/juniors have really taxed the family

It might be easier to hire a different choreographer than a different coach. After all, it's one trip south, and could be combined with his trip to Jr. Worlds. And he could visit when attending events. Tricky, but do-able.

I hope he wins Jr. Worlds. The $15,000 would come in handy.

It might be easier to hire a different choreographer than a different coach. After all, it's one trip south, and could be combined with his trip to Jr. Worlds. And he could visit when attending events. Tricky, but do-able.

I hope he wins Jr. Worlds. The $15,000 would come in handy.
    Rory lives outside again, but she flies up to help out with Keegan regularly. I think that's why they keep going with Rory. She's dedicated to see him succeed. I just don't think she's "ready for the big time" choreographically.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast