Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who fell in love with the Shibutani's? (fan thread)

Lightbulb Who fell in love with the Shibutani's? (fan thread)

I tell you after watching Maia and Alex skate that free dance I felt very excited. I have not seen an Ice dance team with flowing movements. They made it look so easy, smooth and natural.

Who else was blown away with that or this performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5bOnk2IeDs

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I! I! They were one of the highlights of Nationals. The program was enchanting. By comparison, D&W's program was all about point-collecting, IMO. Thanks for the link.

I love them. They have charmed me since their first GP event! I wish I that I paid attention to them during their junior years.

Also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NrB23vPx8

You could see it then!

Me too. I've been a fan of them all season. I had been hearing hype about them for awhile so to finally get to see them was wonderful

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I've been in love with them since NHK !

Yet another young couple to be in awe of. Ice Dance is just flowering !

Custom Title
    Definitely a fan as well! It does seem as though ice dance is going through a splendid flowering phase.

Custom Title
    Oh, definitely me! They've really matured this year; I could watch that program over and over!!

Custom Title
    They are great, and this season they just seem so much more mature now that Maia looks much more grown up. Just how much did she grow? Looks like a good few inches since even the end of last season, which is pretty unusual for a 16 year old girl.

Custom Title
    I saw them first-hand at SA, so I already knew beforehand that they were special, I love her smile!

Custom Title
    This is the performance that made me fan. One of my favorite programs of all time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ONEuW7RxE

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Last year was difficult for them, since Alex had grown and Maia hadn't. I was so relieved that they are now a good match for each other again.

I have loved their skating since the Junior Nationals program for 2005 that was posted above. They were so cute then, and now they are so smooth, and their timing is so impeccable.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I love them. They have charmed me since their first GP event! I wish I that I paid attention to them during their junior years.

Also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NrB23vPx8

You could see it then!

I looked at this video, and below it, where the usual viewer commentary is, half the comments were from kids their age who knew them personally: "Her locker is next to mine at school!" So dear. Even at eleven and fourteen or whatever they were, you could see their crispness and smoothness. Now--magnifique! Thanks, GS experts, for alerting me to them.

I saw them in 2008 at Nationals and fell in love as they were SO ADORABLE. I'm not normally a fan of the sibling teams (can you say *awkward*) but I really love watching those two skate...

Very impressed by them & can see them doing well internationally in the coming years. I've found these Nationals to be more exciting than most just because of all the very talented young, up & coming skaters who did so well. It will be fascinating to watch them develop & to follow their careers.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I saw them in 2008 at Nationals and fell in love as they were SO ADORABLE. I'm not normally a fan of the sibling teams (can you say *awkward*) but I really love watching those two skate...

They certainly handled that well at nationals. Their program was so lighthearted and airy. They made it look like just two people having fun. Their program didn't look a labored at all.

p.s. on a light note, I really liked the simplicity of their costumes and how they weren't matchy-matchy. Kinda goes along with the ease of their skating.
    Last edited by Layfan; 02-04-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast