Coverage in US or internet? | Golden Skate

Coverage in US or internet?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Anyone know if Universal Sports or Icenetwork will be "broadcasting" 4 Conts? Or if it will be available over the internet on some other site available in the US?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Anyone know if Universal Sports or Icenetwork will be "broadcasting" 4 Conts? Or if it will be available over the Internet on some other site available in the US?

AFAIK Icenetwork and Universal Sports will not be providing live streaming coverage for 4CC. We will have to rely on streams from other countries,
and the goodness of other posters to share the links.

Universal Sports will be providing live coverage (internet) streaming for Worlds. Probably there will be other coverage as well, i.e. Euro, CBC, Russian.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I for one would really appreciate it if anyone would post links to web broadcasts, live or not, and if possible give times in GMT. If there is no delay in the broadcast, then we can exterpolate from event times given on the event website. Hopefully, in the not so distant future, I can get on a laptop connected to my TV with an HDMI cable, and for a small fee, watch any skating event or indeed any program from around the world.

shusterbutski

Rinkside
I'm in Canada and as far as I can tell there be one hour of coverage on CBC. Its kind of frustrating that there will be virtually no North American coverage of this event considering what an important event it is.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Apparently ,Skatebuzz is working on getting a feed. It seems they often don't get it worked out until late in the game. Maybe they have to wait to be sure CBC isn't going to pick it up at the last moment ? or , what does it cost them to pick up someone else's feed ? anyway , I've seen them announce it as late as a few days before the event...cross your fingers.
Sometimes their stuff can be seen in the US..I guess it depends whose feed they're picking up...??

gardenernaga

Rinkside
Suggestion from Japan

Fuji TV in Japan will cover Men's single and Ladies' single only, but not live.

Men's SP Feb 18 Friday 21:00-22:52 (Japan Time)
Ladies' SP and Men's FS Feb 19 Saturday 20:00-23:30(Japan Time)
Ladies' FS Feb 20 Sunday 19:00-20:54(Japan Time)

pls remember that it is Monday 1:40 AM here in Japan now (Standard Time +0900 UTC)

CCTV5 in China may cover live but I am not sure, probably pairs and icedances. Besides, their schedule very frequently change.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK, I am a bit new to this. I go to Fuji tv and it wants me to download a TV player, skins, Real Player, etc. I go to SkateBuzz and I see something called a SkateTV....? Can someone be a bit more specific?:confused:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Others may have more detailed info than me , But yes, you go to Skatebuzz, then go to SkateTV , and there you are. They don't geoblock except where that's (I guess ) a stipulation from whoever they get the feed from , or some other scenario. Certainly their own stuff they don't geoblock (like Canadian competitions.) They usually announce on the main Skatebuzz page, but as I say sometimes just before the event.

Last edited:

clairecloutier

Final Flight
How do you find out definitively if a TV network (say, NBC or Universal Sports) is going to cover an event such as Four Continents or Worlds? I've tried looking at the TV listings on those sites, but sometimes they don't go beyond the next week or so, and also I wonder if currently listed schedules are subject to change.

Unlike many people, I'm still relying on TV for coverage of skating--I haven't really gotten into downloading/streaming it on my computer.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I can tell you that at Nats, US had a table where they said they would broadcast Worlds. If you wanted it over the web, that would be available. I asked if they had a price yet and they said no, they didnt but it probably wouldnt be too far off from $15, like the GP circuit. Icenetwork doesnt list 4 conts as being broadcast by anyone. To Quote the USFSA:
"U.S. Figure Skating and NBC Sports have a multi-year partnership to through the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. The agreement ensures live primetime and afternoon coverage of the U.S. Figure Skating Championships as well as live afternoon coverage of the annual international Skate America competition for the next four years.
The partnership includes 12 hours of live and taped coverage of five Grand Prix events, including Skate America, and the Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final as well as live primetime coverage of the ladies free skate at the 2011 U.S. Figure Skating Championships, Jan. 22-30 in Greensboro, N.C. Universal Sports, available in 57 million homes, will show more than 34 hours of original programming from five Grand Prix events as well as re-broadcasts of the featured programming that appears on NBC Sports. Universal Sports will also televise the 2011 U.S. Championships and the 2011 ISU World Figure Skating Championships, which take place March 21-27 in Tokyo

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What crap this is. No TV or internet coverage of a major skating competition. It would be one thing if it was the B team going but it looks like most of the top skaters will be there.

Last edited:

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I wonder if JustinTV broadcasts the 4CC. We were able to watch livestreatm when Yuna Kim participated in 2009 4CC.
Does anyone know?

seniorita

Record Breaker
ah yes please if you find a link please post it!
Although I have no idea the Tapei time difference at all!

gardenernaga

Rinkside
CCTV5 in China will cover pairs only

Feb 18 (Fri) 15:55-16:45 Pairs SP (Beijing Time)
16:45-19:00 Pairs FS (Beijing Time)

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Fuji TV in Japan will cover Men's single and Ladies' single only, but not live.

Men's SP Feb 18 Friday 21:00-22:52 (Japan Time)
Ladies' SP and Men's FS Feb 19 Saturday 20:00-23:30(Japan Time)
Ladies' FS Feb 20 Sunday 19:00-20:54(Japan Time)

pls remember that it is Monday 1:40 AM here in Japan now (Standard Time +0900 UTC)

Does Fuji TV provide web broadcast?

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
If we do happen to get a feed here in the US, here are the event times converted to Eastern Standard Time.

Thursday February 17th:
Short Dance 3:00-5:20am
Pairs Short Program 6:30-8:30am

Friday February 18th:
Men's Short Program 11:00pm (Thursday)-3:20am
Pairs Free Skate 3:45-6:00am
Free Dance 7:00-9:30am

Saturday February 19th:
Ladies Short Program 12:00-4:10am
Men's Free Skate 5:00-9:00am

Sunday February 20th:
Ladies Free Skate 10:30pm-2:20am
Exhibition 4:30-7:00am

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Posted on Twitter by @universalsports (at approx 9:30 pm PST last night): We are currently in discussions to stream the #4CC. Should have a definite yes/no answer tomorrow (Weds 16th/today). We will keep you posted.