Flesh colored material on costumes. Yay or nay? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Flesh colored material on costumes. Yay or nay?

gkelly

Record Breaker
sequinsgalore: [Pants] are tough to pull off.
Mathman: This is true.

If you're speaking literally, I'd say that tights or formfitting leggings/unitards are more difficult to pull off after skating, especially when they're sticky with sweat. ;)

It's usually the latter that we see on female skaters, anyway.

For an example of a woman wearing draped trousers, such as a man might wear, in competition, all I can come up with is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qaqag3LTHM

Tanja90

On the Ice
Thanks, sequins! I'll check them out. I think pants are trickier on the fit/design but when done right, they might be fab. Looking for solid examples, though, because I don't remember any outstanding female pants outfits right off the top of my head (maybe Michelle's black body suit.)

If you talk about pants these two alway come up to my mind:
http://www.google.it/imgres?imgurl=...ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:16,s:73&biw=1024&bih=557

http://www.google.it/imgres?imgurl=...ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:34&biw=1024&bih=557

herro

On the Ice
As long as male pairs skaters (like a certain skater who I shall refrain from mentioning by name) don't wear MAN-KINIs, I will be fine. I can tolerate most outfits. Just not man-kinis. A little too much, even for figure skating.

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
As long as male pairs skaters (like a certain skater who I shall refrain from mentioning by name) don't wear MAN-KINIs, I will be fine. I can tolerate most outfits. Just not man-kinis. A little too much, even for figure skating.

What are man-kinis? I'm sure I've seen them before but I just didn't get the reference.

seniorita

Record Breaker
^ :laugh: it really didnt cross my mind the poster was reffering to this, besides the mankini pic i saw was different! I would think you were talking about competitive costumes or something:)

herro

On the Ice
^ :laugh: it really didnt cross my mind the poster was reffering to this, besides the mankini pic i saw was different! I would think you were talking about competitive costumes or something:)

Oh I was actually talking about Dan Zhang's costume last season. :)

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I think you mean Hao Zhang..:biggrin: Dan would look completely X-rated in any of the examples we've seen so far..

I didn't mind Hao's costume..just a reference to the ballet costumes , without going OTT with harem pants and feathered turban. Maybe a gold vest would have been recieved better. I have to say I was really surprised at the negative response it recieved , considering the "nakedness" that has been so prevalent in female costmes , and often defended as artistic. In the end , their replacement costumes seemed completely unrelated to the music and the choreography , so for me they were much worse.