Is everyone obsessed with Adam Rippon... or is it just me? | Golden Skate

Is everyone obsessed with Adam Rippon... or is it just me?

ivy

On the Ice
He's on my 'soon to be obsessed with' list

Last edited:

stevlin

On the Ice
Yes. Adam is so sweet, loves his family and is a wonderful skater. He has great style as well. Just love his curly hair.

krenseby

Final Flight
Yes. Adam is so sweet, loves his family and is a wonderful skater. He has great style as well. Just love his curly hair.

Haha, well Nikolai Morozov, on the other hand, did not like his curly hair at all ;-)

gmyers

Record Breaker
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080318&content_id=45873&vkey=ice_news

Now, about the hair... "Getting my hair straight took a lot of practice. I actually think it's harder than the free skate. I now have it down to a science. When I first started doing it, it took up to 45 minutes with my mom's help. Now, I can do it in about 20 minutes by myself. Before the competition my mom will help me touch it up. I have to blow dry it and iron it. The curls are so hard to get out, but Nikolai likes it straight. At home I always have curly hair. I DO NOT have the patience to straighten every day, only at competition. It's kind of a stress reliever to concentrate on my hair and stop thinking about skating while at the competition."

Wish this said why Nikolai liked his hair straight. Must have had something to do with the programs right?

sigrid

On the Ice
Wish this said why Nikolai liked his hair straight. Must have had something to do with the programs right?
I don't know, but I also remember him saying that hopefully with the "Send in the clowns" program, Nikolai would let him skate with his curly hair (and he got it at Cup of Russia)

ivy

On the Ice
Who else is on your "soon to obsessed with" list?

hmmm ..... Jason Brown, Shaun Sawyer, maybe Ross Miner. Was hoping an up and comer on the ladies side would get me excited - Christina Gao might be on my "soon to be on my soon to be obsessed with" list - I guess I'll put Ross there too. Just don't want to commit too soon - in case they fizzle and make me cry ;-)

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
I too am obsessed with Adam! I love that he is so different from the other top US men. He is so artistic, but he has the technique and the jumping ability to back it up. If he gets a quad in his arsenal, he could be unstoppable. I love the hair and I also love that almost pensive look that he has in his eyes when he is performing....quite mysterious.

genki

On the Ice
I love Adam. With his curly hair, he looks like a prince coming out of a book!!. But I am not obsessed. I am totally obsessed with Dai, rahter.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I dont think he will ever be a World medalist and he will have to fight hard for his spot on the U.S team in all coming years.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love Adam's skating, and hope he does well at 4CC. He's definitely one of my favorite eligible US men now (along with Armin, Jeremy, Keegan, Jonathan Cassar, ... ). Really like the "new" guys - Ross, Richard, Grant, ...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he was labeled as the next big thing in 2008, but i didnt get the excitement. Still dont. Just not my cup of tea.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
His skating skills still need a lot of work to be considered among the best. His back pumping gets on my nerves when he does crossovers and he could definitely use more speed. I also feel his style is too one dimensional, always skating to classical music pieces. Where is a different mood to his personality? Can he do modern music? Can he skate to an upbeat number? All in all though, I think he is ranked where he belongs, 5th in USA quality and 6th-10th in the World quality. He really needs to sort out his inconsistency issues with the 3Axel as well as his issues with blowing the SP at US Nationals. He has shown that he can be elegant; now we need to see power and attack too!

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
His back pumping gets on my nerves when he does crossovers...

That's how I feel.

Adam is one of those skaters whom I could acknowledge the beauty in his skating but I was never crazy about it. And I agree with people who said that he is over hyped.