Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Caydee and Jeremy out of 4CC, 42 stiches last night :(

Evan and Jeremy both showed off their injury to the world... I was just making a lame joke...

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Meh. Zhiganshina and Gazsi's SD outfit this season is still grosser.

not sure I'd call it gross so much as pathetic, but point taken

Custom Title
    I understand that Canadian skater Jeremy Ten got hurt earlier this season, and Abbott has also had a rough year .... is there a jinx on all skating "Jeremy"s?

Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    I understand that Canadian skater Jeremy Ten got hurt earlier this season, and Abbott has also had a rough year .... is there a jinx on all skating "Jeremy"s?
    hmmmmm... possibility!

Wishing Jeremy Barrett a full and speedy recovery. Such a shame for this to happen to end their competitive season like this.

We are all in agreement that this is a huge gash. Does anyone know how it happened?

Down With It
    try again

There is an article on IN about it. Apparently they were doing SBS triples and as Denney landed, her skate slashed Barrett's leg. here is my tweet about it.

http://twitter.com/#!/mz734_FS/status/36566091631169537
    Last edited by R.D.; 02-12-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Apparently it happened when they were practicing. They landed sbs triple toes and Caydee's landing was faster than his and her blade sliced his leg. There's an article at Ice Network explaining more about it (can't find it right now but I'm sure it's on their front page). That gash was horrible to see and I feel awful that their season was cut short by such a scary injury. Hope he has a complete and full recovery and that it isn't too painful. :(

Custom Title
    I just read about this the other day, and though very very sorry for the lovely & talented Caydee & Jeremy, I'm thrilled! that my favorite pair team of Mary Beth Marley & Rockne Brubaker get to go in their place!

Here's wishing Caydee & Jeremy a speedy recovery so they can come back blazing next year!

And here's wishing M&B the very best at 4CC!!!!

Custom Title
    Oh Nadine, I thought your favorite pair team was Donlan/Speroff. Fickle, fickle.

Hope Donlan/Speroff stick together and have their breakthrough season next year. Sucks about D/B, but this is a real opportunity for Marley/Brubaker to make a respectable showing in front of the international judges, even if they don't really have medal chances. With a decent score and some world ranking points picked up at 4CC, would Marley/Brubaker be eligible for a GP slot next season...besides a SA host pick?

Custom Title
    They still are, but now I have added M&B to that very short list, which can be verified by my postings over in the US Nationals thread.

D&S caught my eye this summer when I first saw their exquisite "Moonlight Sonata" program, and also their equally fabulous "Led Zeppelin" FS, so I've followed them for the last 5 months all the way up to their GORGEOUS senior debut at US Nationals, posting about them often! Then I was equally blown away by my first viewing of the new pair of M&B at US Nationals as well. Lol, I can't believe my two favorite pair teams are from the United States, a first for me!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONLAN & SPEROFF AND MARLEY & BRUBAKER!!!!

Custom Title
    p.s. what do you make of Donlan & Speroff's chances for the future? I honestly think they have it in them to medal next year, as well as M&B. Imho it will come down to whom wants it more. Either way, I love these two pair teams and am happy just to see footage of them.

That said, I think hands down Donlan & Speroff have the best lines, elegance, but most importantly the best split-triple twist and throw 3salchow ~ MY GOD the latter is easily the best in the world ~ the height, distance, and landing they achieve on it is incomparable. Nobody else in the world does it as good as they do, all while maintaining their elegance & loveliness, shades of G&G, whereas M&B are a combo. of G&G and A&B.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Poor Jeremies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast