Medalist
Olympic, World, Grand Prix Final and European/4 Continents Champions

Can you name people who've won the Figure skating grand slam

Tara Lipinski
Yu-Na Kim

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I don't think Tara could have won the 4CCs; IIRC, it didn't exist until 1999. Plush and Yags each won Worlds, Olys, GPF and Euros.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
In addition to Plush and Yags, I'm pretty sure that all the recent OGM pairs have done it: Shen and Zhao, Totmianina and Marinin, Sale and Pelletier, and Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze. Also Navka and Kostamorov and Grishuk and Platov in dance (the latter I think when it was still the Champions Series Final).

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
4CC and Grand Prix Final are fairly recent.
You have Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin ( pairs ), and Tatiana Navka and Roman Kostomarov ( ice dancing ).
And I'm pretty sure that's it.

EDIT : Excuse me, I'm wrong. You have Marina Anissina / Gwendal Peizerat of France in Ice dancing, and Elena Berezhnaya / Anton Sikharulidze of Russia in pairs. ( Actually, they won half a gold medal in Salt Lake City. )

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The oddest thing is that V&M, who are World, 4CC's, & Olympic champions, have never won the GPF.
In 2008/2009 and 2010/2011, they missed the fall season, and in 2009/2010, they finished second.

Plush won all 4, for sure.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Of course, if you want to count the World Team Trophy in the grand slam, nobody has won except Evan.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Of course, if you want to count the World Team Trophy in the grand slam, nobody has won except Evan.
WTT isn't exactly a major event, though.

I think the more impressive achievements are Grishuk and Platov winning each of these events at least twice; and Shen and Zhao, who won all the majors and each of the GPs, including the discontinued Bofrost - IIRC, they are the only skaters in any discipline to have done this.

Dick Button got the Grand Slam of his era: Olys, Worlds, Euros and the NA Championships. Now that is pretty cool, so :clap: for Uncle Dick.

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
Dick Button got the Grand Slam of his era: Olys, Worlds, Euros and the NA Championships. Now that is pretty cool, so :clap: for Uncle Dick.
Barbara Ann Scott did it as well! It was Dick and Barbara Ann's victories that barred non-Euros from competing at Europeans after 1948.

(Just checking, but don't you have to win all four events in the same year for it to be a Grand Slam?)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, I suppose you could win them in a row, but not the same season, like the golf "Tiger Slam".

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Anett Potzsch and Katarina Witt did. Kat won the Grand Slam twice (84 and 88).

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Yagudin is the only person who has won the GPF, Euros/4CCs, Worlds, and Olympics in the same season. :)