Patrick Chan AND Don Jackson! | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan AND Don Jackson!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
CSW, you should be so proud of your community! Even I am, as a Canadian.

We Canadian figure skating enthusiasts are so lucky that the sport is so enjoyed, appreciated, and supported. Though the population is small, we manage to have so many outstanding world class talents, the best in the world! And we love and support our super athletes who are also such fine persons. May the tradition continue!

mot

On the Ice
Thank you for the report, CdnSkateWatcher. I am delighted to learn the show was a great success and the audience enjoyed it a lot.

the Oshawa Skating Club is very much part of the community

This is such a beautiful and envious situation, from Japanese perspective. Although figure skating is very popular as a spectator sport and a massive business success there, there's no way we can say that skating clubs are part of the community. Figure skating remains as something that you watch the top skaters in international competitions and in fancy and expensive shows. The number of rinks are decreasing and Japanese skaters are crammed into ever-more-crowded rinks... sigh... We have a long way to go before the nation can embrace the sport like Canadians do.

At last but not least, thanks to Patrick for his kindness and generosity towards those suffering in Japan. And the very best of luck for the blight young talents of the Oshawa Skating Club. Looking forward to the day we watch the next generation of Patrick, Jeff, Kurt, Joannie, Cynthia, Tessa and Scott, etc, skate in the big competitions!

Ilvskating

Final Flight
yes, we're lucky as Canadian figure skating fans:) Our community rinks are even free, at least in Toronto. Of course we pay big bucks for taxes, but at least we get something for free. Good job, Patrick! No body would blame you giving the situation, but you kept your words. This is really a skater with big heart. Best wishes for the World! Do what you did at nationals!!!

CSW, you should be so proud of your community! Even I am, as a Canadian.

We Canadian figure skating enthusiasts are so lucky that the sport is so enjoyed, appreciated, and supported. Though the population is small, we manage to have so many outstanding world class talents, the best in the world! And we love and support our super athletes who are also such fine persons. May the tradition continue!

Yes, you lucky ducks. One reason I often support Canadian skaters as if they were my own is that they seem to be part of such a solid community. Several of my top fave skaters through the years have been Canadian, starting at the peak with Kurt and including Cranston, Underhill/Martini, Sale/Pelletier, and Virtue/Moir. And you even gave us Michael J. Fox!

Oh...Canadian trivia question. What was the name of that flying boy in the Vancouver opening ceremony? He did some aerobatic stuff while "Both Sides Now" was being sung. It's one part of the ceremony that hasn't been put on YouTube, and those stingy so-and-sos of NBC put next to nothing on their Olympic "hghlights" DVD. I'd love to look him up on google and suchlike. Anyone have any clue as to his name?

Last edited:

Lilli

Rinkside
Olympia,

The boy's name is Thomas Saulgrain. He is from the National Circus School.