Peek at some of Tessa & Scott's FD ? | Golden Skate

Peek at some of Tessa & Scott's FD ?

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Well, I dion't know how much it will be .. Apparently last evening on CTV's Olympic Anniversary special, they had an update on Tessa and Scott ....showed them on ice ( post- operation ) practising their FD..

I missed it , but the show will be available on ctv.bc's website , on demand , at 7PM tonight ( Pacific time) Maybe eastern CTV affiliates have an earlier time..(have to check)
Also repeated on TSN ...here's the info page :

http://shows.ctv.ca/17Days/article/CTV-Celebrates-One-Year-Anniversary-of-Vancouver-2010#c_0

In the meantime ,pani posted this link at FSU ( she can't watch it ,poor thing) but it seems to be working for me..http://watch.ctv.ca/#clip416547

Last edited:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin: OK that second link will get you there right now.. it's near the end of the second ( maybe third ) segment about a half hour in.

They definitely look in shape..have another great no hands lift with him in a camel and her sort of swan-like across his back... Generally , they seem to be travelling at quite a clip..noticed a lot of different holds at one point,( it goes by pretty quick ). Assisted cartwheel for Tessa at finish .Mostly seems to be from the Mujer Latina section.

Their segment follows a nice one of Joannie.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
No luck for me. Perhaps it is geoblocked?

I hope kind soul will post it to youtube.

Antilles

Medalist
It was really very short clips interspersed with their interview and footage from the Olympics. I saw it during last night's broadcast. What little bit there was does look cool.

I found the Joannie clip most interesting and heartbreaking. They talked more about the day of her mother's death, and Joannie going though her Mom's purse at the hospital. Apparently Joannie found a number of notes in which her mother listed numerous symptoms she had been feeling, including chest, arm and jaw pain, and numbness in her limbs. It's too bad she didn't seek help. Maybe she was waiting until after the Olympics.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^^ Not working for me either. You are probably right about the video being geoblocked, darn.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I was able to see the clip through some... modifications of my tubes. You guys didn't miss much. It was like 5 seconds of their new FD. A tiny part of a circular step sequence. A lift exit where she is flipped back to the ice by Scott. And off then on ice training for what seems to be a lift where she's lying, face up, on Scott's back while he does a one foot spiral. The editors seemed averse to showing anything completely. But I will say that Scott and Tessa looked as strong as ever (though that's kinda hard to tell when you can't see any move completely). We'll find out soon at 4cc anyway.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin:I spent a lot of time today getting to see that little bit ..and I'd do it again in an instant..considering that it still looks like we may see nothing 'til Saturday afternoon.( Still praying for some last minute success for skatebuzz )