Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Want to See at Worlds... Dance

I am excited to see the new free dance of Carron and Jones in Worlds because I saw the new program in Lyon Gala Stars du patinage et de la gymnastique and loved <3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gA1HQ2OA80&feature=related
    Last edited by Mattieu; 04-17-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattieu View Post
    I am excited to see the new free dance of Carron and Jones in Worlds because I saw the new program in Lyon Gala Stars du patinage et de la gymnastique and loved <3
    Aw, no more Paint it Black?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattieu View Post
    Hi Mattieu, it's good to see you posting again. Loved Carron and Jones new program. Also I was so happy to see Delobel and Shoenfelder. Oh, how I missed them.

I am looking forward to seeing your posts at the worlds to hear inside stories of the French ice dance scene.

Although I didn't mind the old one, Carron and Jones' new FD looks good.

I think Virtue and Moir are going to take the title again, followed by Davis & White with silver and Pechalat & Bourzat in third. I think Bobrova & Soloviev with finish in fourth and the Shibutanis will round out the top 5.

Here is my full preview of the dance event...

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com/...nships_20.html

Custom Title
    Today is Alex Shibutani's and Elena Ilinykh's birthdays I wish them both a very good debut at worlds!

Custom Title
    Happy b-day Elena & Alex!

Custom Title
    I think I prefer Carron and Jones new program to "Paint in black".It makes them look better.
    I really want to see Capellini/Lanotte,I'm very curious about their programs and shape.

I've been following the russian press the last couple of days and boy they sound pessimistic.Maybe the fact that they're promoting their second team more than the first adds to their pessimism?Especially after reading Averbukh's interview he really can't wait to make I/K Olympic champions and then put them in his lucrative ice show.Especially his comments about D/W and V/M being technical and not artistic as I/K had me rolling on the floor.
    What is funny, the more I read the more I am convinced that the will finish behind the Shibutanis after all.
    And also it seems like they totally forget about the existence of C/P and W/P.Why not let the skaters talk on the ice for once?

I like V/M best, hope they win. With this being in Russia, I'm getting somewhat nostalgic... missing the days of 1998 Russians going for gold :(

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Isn't the top 10 for Ice Dance at this Worlds essentially very easy to predict and also very concentrated country-wise? Not the exact placements but the top 10 itself? It feels like it will be:

*3 Canadian teams
    *3 Russian teams
    *3 American teams
    *The top French team

I don't follow Ice Dancing as closely as Singles but it seems like the scores Dance teams receive don't fluctuate as much. Which means that going by scores this season, those 10 teams are probably set.

Custom Title
    Well, there are only two dance teams from Russia.

The reason it seems set is this season saw two retirements (F/S and Kerrs, both top five teams last year), another top ten contender WD (Hoffman/Zavosin), but yeah, scoring fluctuates less.
    Last edited by ImaginaryPogue; 04-25-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Oh the Russians only have 2 Dance entries? Well that's less fun. But then it's pretty much set in stone that the Canadian and American teams will all place top 10, right?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Oh the Russians only have 2 Dance entries? Well that's less fun. But then it's pretty much set in stone that the Canadian and American teams will all place top 10, right?
    Well yes, but remember, the extensive discussion if Weaver /Poje will make or not the top 10, the arguing back and forth, until the above mentioned retirement (of the top european teams) as well as the WD of the hungarians happened.
    This will be an unprecendented event, where the NA teams could outnumber the European squad in the top 10, first time ever, therefore a milestone.

Well, it also may not happen, if one of the top teams from US or canada makes major boo-boos.

Custom Title
    .. Barring something massive fluke-y

Right now, outside the N. American teams, we have

Pechelat/Bourzat (France)
    Bobrova/Soloviev (Russia)
    Ilynikh/Katsalpov (Russia)
    Cappellini/Lanotte (Italy)

Making out the top ten. Now, I think there are two teams that could sneak into the top ten with a blindingly awesome performance and mistakes from the other teams: Carron/Jones and Zhignanshin/Gazsi. Z/G are capable of level four waltz sequences (only team at Euros to do so) and are darkhorse top ten candidates. Their SB is only two points less than C/Z.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    .. Barring something massive fluke-y

Right now, outside the N. American teams, we have

Pechelat/Bourzat (France)
    Bobrova/Soloviev (Russia)
    Ilynikh/Katsalpov (Russia)
    Cappellini/Lanotte (Italy)

Making out the top ten. Now, I think there are two teams that could sneak into the top ten with a blindingly awesome performance and mistakes from the other teams: Carron/Jones and Zhignanshin/Gazsi. Z/G are capable of level four waltz sequences (only team at Euros to do so) and are darkhorse top ten candidates. Their SB is only two points less than C/Z.
    While I agree with everything you said, but Cappellinni / Lanotte hasn't been skating almost at all all season after a bad debut. So i would not say that they are sure bets for a top 10, because they have not proved anything all season, while they ended the last one on a major down note.
    Or have you seen some great new material they have prepared for this event i missed somehow?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast