What I want:
1. Virtue/Moir. I wish they'll defend their title and we will finally see their FD from the beginning to the end, because I feel it worth it
2. Pechalat/Bourzat. They were great at Euros and they are... I don't know... very European, and I'm a huge fan of European ice dance. Plus they really improved since last season and I think they deserve a medal
3. Davis/White. I have to say, I never really liked this team. I like teams with beautiful lines and good posture, for me it's really important, and it's not something D/W really have. But I appreciate their difficulty, speed and confidence.
4. Kerrs. I just love these two. Don't really know why, they are not great technicians and don't have clean lines I like, but somehow they touch me everytime I see them.
5. Ilinykh/Katsalapov. I'm a huge fan and didn't like any ice dance team as much as I like them. They have it all and I expect to see them at least at the Europeans podium next season, but now they are young and I only wish them to show their best, scores and placement are not that important
6. Bobrova/Soloviev. Don't like their stile and wish they will show something different next year, but they are really strong technically, have great basics and skating skills, gorgeous lines, everything I like in ice dance.
7. Weaver/Poje. They really impressed me this season, especially their SD. FD not that much though. But I like them so much more than Crone/Poirier and wish them to do well.
8. Shibutanis. Great technically and very elegant, but I prefer teams that look more mature and show more expression.
Other teams like Cappellini/Lanotte, Crone/Poirier and Chock/Zuerlein didn't impress me at all this season
Last edited by Lucky Star; 02-20-2011 at 06:28 PM.
"Hold an edge and look sexy!"
I'm assuming no Virtue/Moir (I personally wouldn't risk it for them after what happened to her at 4CC) and no Faiella/Scali (who knows what will really happen?), so . . .
Most important thing: 3 spots for US, Canada, and Russia at next Worlds!
Last edited by museksk8r; 02-20-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Constable , Costume Police
What I want is for V/M to be able to come back and win..I realize that's a tall order ,and I don't want it at the expense of her well being.
1.V/M ( No,no..their Tango is fine.. It's not as seen in an Argentinian Tango bar. It's a "let's be daring and try that racy Tango that's all the rage"..)
2.D/W but if this order is reversed (based on skating ),I would never complain , and enjoy it almost as much.
3.P/B.. I want it and expect it . Love their programs, costumes..the whole effort.( love the jet beads on the Dr.Z costume )
4.B/S...preferred their old SD. Love their FD . They're very good ( and there's something endearing about her false eyelashes)
Here's where I get into trouble making up my mind, so I'll come back.
ETA; No-one else posted in the interim, so..Just further to B/S ; I don't think they've had as bad a skate all season as they did at GPF, so I think that was just an aberration ,and it's an understatement when I say I preferred the first SD...I don't like the music or the costumes at all for the new one, but they do seem to be able to keep it a waltz...If all skate well, I don't think W/P ,C/P Shibs, or K/K can best them, whatever their material.
Here's where I hit the bottleneck..What I think I want for 5-8 is :
5. W/P ..if they skate 2 good programs. though I"ve criticised their FD..I recognize it contains a lot of good elements
6.K/K..I am a fan of their FD ( athletic, yet musical ), but not their SD ..so if 5 and 6 were reversed that would be OK, too .
7. Shibs..adore them, adore their programs ..simple as that.
8. C/P..First signs of change for them this year,but not sure where it's going. I liked the FD better at first, too. Have they tweaked it since SC ?( must check) As Dean programs go, I don't feel it's his best work , but I do like it. I'd like to see more ease in the execution, leave out the face trick and the hand shaking,just make nice clean shapes..I don't know.
9. I/K..everything doris said about their programs goes for me too. (I've even wondered if the tutu was a decision made to disguise the distance between them )But their talent and charisma are undeniable and I think the judges will be favourably disposed. I'd be fine with a slightly lower placement, but I just have a feeling...
10 H/Z..SD is Ok but I'm not crazy about the FD.I really like their presence.
11. C/Z..but I think they've hit on a winning direction for the future with character pieces.
Sight unseen , I don't know how C/L will fit in, but I'd guess somewhere around 10 or 12 down.
If V/M withdraw ( avert!) move everyone up a notch and filter P/I in , where ? probably 10-13...I'd wish for better but don't think it would be likely
Last edited by colleen o'neill; 02-21-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Originally Posted by Tanja90
I am happy for Guignard /Fabbri that they get a chance at worlds!
I dont want Tessa to skate since IMO it is a real risk to her health at this point. So what I want is:
1. Davis & White- I dont even like them but they deserve a World title and there are really no other worthy winners.
2. Pechalat & Bourzat- I like them more than Davis & White but IMO they arent really World Champion caliber objecitvely speaking. So silver is good for them and possibly would retire on this high note.
3. Kerr & Kerr- would never happen but would love to see it. I love them.
4. Ilinykh & Katsalapov- since I like them much more than their boring teammates.
5. Shibutani & Shibutani- they are adoreable and I want to see them have a good showing in their first season Worlds.
6. Faiella & Scali- would be nice to see them go out on a decent note (they cant really hope for more than that at this point).
7. Weaver & Poje- would like to see them finally beat Crone & Poirier
8. Bobrova & Soloviev- zzzzz. I know they will end up winning bronze if V&M dont skate though.
9. Crone & Poirier
10. Hoffmann & Zazovin
Off the ice
P/B are hardly going to retire with Worlds coming up in France next year, and having finally made their breakthrough internationally - remember that (hard as it is to believe) they had never won any international competition before this season. Barring injury or something similar, they're in it until Sochi. And I know it's not likely, but I hope they win. Their 2008 FD is what got me interested in ice dance again and I'm still not happy that the judges went with D/W's boring Eleanor Rigby over it.
Originally Posted by pangtongfan
As for the Kerrs, you and me both. Maybe the judges will give them a career achievement award like F/S got last year?
Everyone is listing their picks for the Worlds. It's a prediction thread.
In addition to a just placement at Worlds of whomever, I would like to see the competition on IN. NBC, or both. I just can't make it to Tokyo this time around.
Despite what Pangtongfan anticipates, wanting to send P/B and Joubert to retire, neither will, mainly because the Worlds in France, you can bet on that.
Originally Posted by Buttercup
Wishlist, oh dear, shockingly, IP spared me to type much here, I agree with all her picks top to bottom.
Wicked Yankee Girl