Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Want to See at Worlds... Dance

Custom Title
    What I want:
    1. Virtue/Moir. I wish they'll defend their title and we will finally see their FD from the beginning to the end, because I feel it worth it
    2. Pechalat/Bourzat. They were great at Euros and they are... I don't know... very European, and I'm a huge fan of European ice dance. Plus they really improved since last season and I think they deserve a medal
    3. Davis/White. I have to say, I never really liked this team. I like teams with beautiful lines and good posture, for me it's really important, and it's not something D/W really have. But I appreciate their difficulty, speed and confidence.
    4. Kerrs. I just love these two. Don't really know why, they are not great technicians and don't have clean lines I like, but somehow they touch me everytime I see them.
    5. Ilinykh/Katsalapov. I'm a huge fan and didn't like any ice dance team as much as I like them. They have it all and I expect to see them at least at the Europeans podium next season, but now they are young and I only wish them to show their best, scores and placement are not that important
    6. Bobrova/Soloviev. Don't like their stile and wish they will show something different next year, but they are really strong technically, have great basics and skating skills, gorgeous lines, everything I like in ice dance.
    7. Weaver/Poje. They really impressed me this season, especially their SD. FD not that much though. But I like them so much more than Crone/Poirier and wish them to do well.
    8. Shibutanis. Great technically and very elegant, but I prefer teams that look more mature and show more expression.

Other teams like Cappellini/Lanotte, Crone/Poirier and Chock/Zuerlein didn't impress me at all this season
    Last edited by Lucky Star; 02-20-2011 at 06:28 PM.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I'm assuming no Virtue/Moir (I personally wouldn't risk it for them after what happened to her at 4CC) and no Faiella/Scali (who knows what will really happen?), so . . .

1. Davis/White
    2. Pechalat/Bourzat
    3. Crone/Poirier
    4. Ilinykh/Katsalapov
    5. Kerrs
    6. Shibutanis
    7. Cappellini/Lanotte
    8. Bobrova/Soloviev
    9. Weaver/Poje
    10. Chock/Zuerlein

Most important thing: 3 spots for US, Canada, and Russia at next Worlds!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 02-20-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    What I want is for V/M to be able to come back and win..I realize that's a tall order ,and I don't want it at the expense of her well being.
    I want
    1.V/M ( No,no..their Tango is fine.. It's not as seen in an Argentinian Tango bar. It's a "let's be daring and try that racy Tango that's all the rage"..)
    2.D/W but if this order is reversed (based on skating ),I would never complain , and enjoy it almost as much.
    3.P/B.. I want it and expect it . Love their programs, costumes..the whole effort.( love the jet beads on the Dr.Z costume )
    4.B/S...preferred their old SD. Love their FD . They're very good ( and there's something endearing about her false eyelashes)

Here's where I get into trouble making up my mind, so I'll come back.

ETA; No-one else posted in the interim, so..Just further to B/S ; I don't think they've had as bad a skate all season as they did at GPF, so I think that was just an aberration ,and it's an understatement when I say I preferred the first SD...I don't like the music or the costumes at all for the new one, but they do seem to be able to keep it a waltz...If all skate well, I don't think W/P ,C/P Shibs, or K/K can best them, whatever their material.
    Here's where I hit the bottleneck..What I think I want for 5-8 is :

5. W/P ..if they skate 2 good programs. though I"ve criticised their FD..I recognize it contains a lot of good elements
    6.K/K..I am a fan of their FD ( athletic, yet musical ), but not their SD ..so if 5 and 6 were reversed that would be OK, too .
    7. Shibs..adore them, adore their programs ..simple as that.
    8. C/P..First signs of change for them this year,but not sure where it's going. I liked the FD better at first, too. Have they tweaked it since SC ?( must check) As Dean programs go, I don't feel it's his best work , but I do like it. I'd like to see more ease in the execution, leave out the face trick and the hand shaking,just make nice clean shapes..I don't know.
    9. I/K..everything doris said about their programs goes for me too. (I've even wondered if the tutu was a decision made to disguise the distance between them )But their talent and charisma are undeniable and I think the judges will be favourably disposed. I'd be fine with a slightly lower placement, but I just have a feeling...
    10 H/Z..SD is Ok but I'm not crazy about the FD.I really like their presence.
    11. C/Z..but I think they've hit on a winning direction for the future with character pieces.

Sight unseen , I don't know how C/L will fit in, but I'd guess somewhere around 10 or 12 down.

If V/M withdraw ( avert!) move everyone up a notch and filter P/I in , where ? probably 10-13...I'd wish for better but don't think it would be likely
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 02-21-2011 at 03:53 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanja90 View Post
    Cappellini Lanotte of course..and Guignard Fabbri!
    Thank you!

I am happy for Guignard /Fabbri that they get a chance at worlds!

Banned
    I dont want Tessa to skate since IMO it is a real risk to her health at this point. So what I want is:

1. Davis & White- I dont even like them but they deserve a World title and there are really no other worthy winners.

2. Pechalat & Bourzat- I like them more than Davis & White but IMO they arent really World Champion caliber objecitvely speaking. So silver is good for them and possibly would retire on this high note.

3. Kerr & Kerr- would never happen but would love to see it. I love them.

4. Ilinykh & Katsalapov- since I like them much more than their boring teammates.

5. Shibutani & Shibutani- they are adoreable and I want to see them have a good showing in their first season Worlds.

6. Faiella & Scali- would be nice to see them go out on a decent note (they cant really hope for more than that at this point).

7. Weaver & Poje- would like to see them finally beat Crone & Poirier

8. Bobrova & Soloviev- zzzzz. I know they will end up winning bronze if V&M dont skate though.

9. Crone & Poirier

10. Hoffmann & Zazovin

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    2. Pechalat & Bourzat- I like them more than Davis & White but IMO they arent really World Champion caliber objecitvely speaking. So silver is good for them and possibly would retire on this high note.

3. Kerr & Kerr- would never happen but would love to see it. I love them.
    P/B are hardly going to retire with Worlds coming up in France next year, and having finally made their breakthrough internationally - remember that (hard as it is to believe) they had never won any international competition before this season. Barring injury or something similar, they're in it until Sochi. And I know it's not likely, but I hope they win. Their 2008 FD is what got me interested in ice dance again and I'm still not happy that the judges went with D/W's boring Eleanor Rigby over it.

As for the Kerrs, you and me both. Maybe the judges will give them a career achievement award like F/S got last year?

Everyone is listing their picks for the Worlds. It's a prediction thread.

In addition to a just placement at Worlds of whomever, I would like to see the competition on IN. NBC, or both. I just can't make it to Tokyo this time around.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    P/B are hardly going to retire with Worlds coming up in France next year, and having finally made their breakthrough internationally - remember that (hard as it is to believe) they had never won any international competition before this season. Barring injury or something similar, they're in it until Sochi. And I know it's not likely, but I hope they win. Their 2008 FD is what got me interested in ice dance again and I'm still not happy that the judges went with D/W's boring Eleanor Rigby over it.Maybe the judges will give them a career achievement award like F/S got last year?
    Despite what Pangtongfan anticipates, wanting to send P/B and Joubert to retire, neither will, mainly because the Worlds in France, you can bet on that.

Wishlist, oh dear, shockingly, IP spared me to type much here, I agree with all her picks top to bottom.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    IP, I reread your list to see what herios would have said

and one thing I missed first time around: W&P are no longer coached by Bourne. They are coached by Krylova & Camerlengo, to whom I credit their great improvement this year. I do not think you have to worry about them not working any more

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    IP, I reread your list to see what herios would have said

and one thing I missed first time around: W&P are no longer coached by Bourne. They are coached by Krylova & Camerlengo, to whom I credit their great improvement this year. I do not think you have to worry about them not working any more
    I'd love to see Weaver & Poje switch to Zoueva and Shpilband. They are already training in Michigan so they might as well. I think they could do wonders with them in terms of lifts and choreography, as well as consistency.

Well, I think Krylova has given them one of the best SD's of the season! The LP, not so much, but they make what they can of it. However, S&Z could improve their twizzles and their lifts, for sure. I don't see why they couldn't take a few classes over there, for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Well, I think Krylova has given them one of the best SD's of the season! The LP, not so much, but they make what they can of it. However, S&Z could improve their twizzles and their lifts, for sure. I don't see why they couldn't take a few classes over there, for sure!
    I agree that their short dance is absolutely exquisite, the best of the entire season in my opinion. Their twizzles are their weakest element, and with his strength and their long lines, there is no reason they shouldn't have some of the best lifts in the world.

I've been reading back over,too ,and a few things were mentioned that got me thinking..

M/N..I am really tired of her being a parody of something..she's lovely, let her claim it.( In last year's OD ,I half expected her to have a tooth blacked out when she smiled ) I understand couples feeling they need to do something to stand out..but I think they're in danger of setting themselves up to always be seen as the comedy relief, and thus not really being taken seriously...I like them and would hate to see this happen to them. I do hope they do well, though I haven't got a particular placement carved out for them in my heart , and hope they'll take a break from humour next year.( At least, the type of humour that requires her to have clownish make-up, hair, or accessories..except in exhibition, of course .)

I, too, think W/P might have held off the Shibs ( by a small margin) for silver had they not had their mistakes at 4CC. So they really have no room for error at World's. I really want to see them gain some recognition ,so I'm clutching at the straw that was buried in Kaitlyn's comments after the SD, to the effect that they were pleased with their scores, since it actually wasn't the best they'd skated their SD , as they weren't feeling at their best. This gives me hope that their FD performance was not entirely due to choking in unusual circumstances.

Well, I don't think any of the north American skaters feel their very best after what, 20 odd hours of travel time. I know I don't. So I'm hopeful they will do better at Worlds-and arrive a day or two earlier in Japan, so they'll be rested appropriately.

Hear, hear!..doris..

Wasn't this past year W/P's first full year with K&C ? It seems to me in the prevous year, that it was more a half and half arrangement with Shae , and now her ties to them are fairly tenuous.. I think it's been really good for them, and I certainly wouldn't think that's as far as K&C can take them. I think they need to take the approach of creating potential masterpieces for their FD's . ( I'm not quite sure how to put this, since I'm often very pro Camerlengo choreography.) I just feel that yes, a lot of thought had to go into the SD for everyone this year , but no-one really knew beforehand how they would be recieved. So,good as it is ( and I think it's fabulous ), there is an element of being in the right place at the right time in it's success..

With the FD, I don't feel much thought went into the choice of program, beyond the fact of their movie star good looks and that Kaitlyn could portray a good Satine...So over the season ,I've had to mentally set all that aside and concentrate on the good stuff in it.. But it's always so much better when the concept , content and those particular skaters work together to wow you. ( D/W's S&D is a perfect example. It was perfect for them at that stage of their careers and won't soon be forgotten )

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast