Ice Dance: SD Thread | Golden Skate

Ice Dance: SD Thread

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
So, these start in less than three hours. I don't think I can stay away to hit refresh until V/M come on.....

Link to the Result page for those with more stamina, or who just want to check the results as soon as they wake up

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Danielle OBRIEN / Gregory MERRIMAN
2 Xueting GUAN / Meng WANG
3 Maria BOROUNOV / Evgeni BOROUNOV
4 Corenne BRUHNS / Benjamin WESTENBERGER

Warm-Up Group 2
5 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
6 Vanessa CRONE / Paul POIRIER
7 Xintong HUANG / Xun ZHENG
8 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE

Warm-Up Group 3
9 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE
10 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI
11 Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG
12 Madison CHOCK / Greg ZUERLEIN

All Canadian teams in one group; ditto the American teams. It shall be interesting to see just how close the top six are in the end.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
That's the worst part. I don't like caffinated beverages.

Well, the worst part is I have to wake up approximately five hours after they perform anyway.

As for how they'll do: I think they'll be a solid second. Their natural talent means that we can still expect to see beautiful handling of music, lovely lifts superb construction. Their developed talent means that they won't be as far behind as some expect (hope?). Particularly in the Golden Waltz sections. They are the best CDers of their generation.

As for the free... I expect nothing less than a full bodied delight. If they're as ready as they say they are (and I think they are)..... I think Davis/White won't be able to take anything for granted (which they clearly aren't, but their fans are a little).

Last edited:

*Sniper*

On the Ice
Yes, very curious to see what Virtue and Moir bring to the table.
I'm just glad that they are continuing on despite the Oly gold and her injury problems.
Good luck to everyone else as well!

herios

Medalist
That's the worst part. I don't like caffinated beverages.

Well, the worst part is I have to wake up approximately five hours after they perform anyway.

As for how they'll do: I think they'll be a solid second. Their natural talent means that we can still expect to see beautiful handling of music, lovely lifts superb construction. Their developed talent means that they won't be as far behind as some expect (hope?). Particularly in the Golden Waltz sections. They are the best CDers of their generation.

As for the free... I expect nothing less than a full bodied delight. If they're as ready as they say they are (and I think they are)..... I think Davis/White won't be able to take anything for granted (which they clearly aren't, but their fans are a little).

I am personally very calm and composed. They (Tessa and Scott) with very few exceptions have always exceeded my expectations. I know they will do very well. And yes, I am sooo ready to see that free dance. They are clutch competitors. Always been. If Tessa is pain free indeed and they trained well, I am sure they are ready to take on the world. It will just be a question of how the judges will evaluate them.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:disapp: Time to break out a Bailey's..No link I know of...herios, i don't know how you can be calm.Tess and Scott have never disappointed me either, but I'm all a-flutter :biggrin:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Windows doesn't want to let me see it, and having had a virus not long ago, i'm kind of scared to turn off my security, or anything rash like that.

Shaba22

Final Flight
Seasons best short dance score was Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE 68.64

... TIL NOW!

Because V/M got 69.40...

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN 69.40 35.64 33.76 8.29 8.18 8.57 8.54 8.57 0.00 # 5

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Vanessa CRONE / Paul POIRIER CAN 61.66 33.50 28.16 7.14 6.86 6.96 7.18 7.04 0.00 #6

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Score to beat ; V/M....Tech 35.64
PCs 33.76
_____

cara, You type faster than me.. ( well ,I also forgot to hit the post button ) Do you think I've had enough Bailey's yet ?

Last edited:

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Xintong HUANG / Xun ZHENG CHN 52.93 28.42 24.51 6.21 5.89 6.14 6.18 6.18 0.00 #7 - currently #3;
W/P just finished skating.

Shaba22

Final Flight
Standings now:
1 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR (CAN) 69.40
2 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE (CAN) 65.45
3 Vanessa CRONE / Paul POIRIER (CAN) 61.66
4 Xintong HUANG / Xun ZHENG (CHN) 52.93
5 Xueting GUAN / Meng WANG (CHN) 42.77
6 Danielle OBRIEN / Gregory MERRIMAN (AUS) 42.67
7 Corenne BRUHNS / Benjamin WESTENBERGER (MEX) 40.68
8 Maria BOROUNOV / Evgeni BOROUNOV (AUS) 28.52

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN 65.45 36.50 28.95 7.18 7.04 7.36 7.18 7.39 0.00
W/P just beat C/P!