Judge No.4 Ms. Maira ABASOVA ISU

Judge No.5 Ms. Tianyi ZHANG ISU

Judge No.6 Ms. Jodi ABBOTT ISU

Judge No.7 Mr. Evgeni ROKHIN ISU

Judge No.8 Ms. Kaoru TAKINO ISU

Judge No.9 Mr. You-Hwa LEE ISU

Custom Title

Custom Title
    So I checked out carefully the protocols, the judge who marked V/M in the 5's, put them below D/W, W/P, S/S, C/P, and C/Z in PCS.

So someone is REALLY MAD that V/M have not retired

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    So I checked out carefully the protocols, the judge who marked V/M in the 5's, put them below D/W, W/P, S/S, C/P, and C/Z in PCS.
    The 5s are a complete joke! But it is very important to remember that judge number 7 on V/M scorecard may not be judge number 7 on D/W scorecard for example. So we don't really know who gave them the 5s.

Custom Title
    ILoveFigures, that's true, BUT the list of fives is lower than anything any other judge gave the next five. So even if it doesn't line-up, that judge still definitely gave them lower marks than the teams herios mentioned.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    ILoveFigures, that's true, BUT the list of fives is lower than anything any other judge gave the next five. So even if it doesn't line-up, that judge still definitely gave them lower marks than the teams herios mentioned.

EXACTLY. None of the top 6 teams (other than V/M) got any 5's. Go now and catch him or her if you can

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I know that. I just thought it was important to mention. We really don't know who that judge is. That judge will probably be asked to explain his/her scores to the commitee and most likely get an assesment.

Holy crap, Weaver and Poje first in TES?! I'm happy they're in 3rd though!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFigures View Post
    I know that. I just thought it was important to mention. We really don't know who that judge is. That judge will probably be asked to explain his/her scores to the commitee and most likely get an assesment.
    This is what I wanted to ask - under the anonymous system can they still ask a judge to explain him/herself? Because it's pretty apparent there's some 'splainin to do here.

I just watched V/M's SD. It's not even evident that Virtue is at all injured! I can't believe some judge gave them 5s. They'd have more of a lead if it weren't for that, so that judge should definitely be asked to explain!

Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post
    This is what I wanted to ask - under the anonymous system can they still ask a judge to explain him/herself? Because it's pretty apparent there's some 'splainin to do here.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I just watched V/M's SD. It's not even evident that Virtue is at all injured! I can't believe some judge gave them 5s. They'd have more of a lead if it weren't for that, so that judge should definitely be asked to explain!
    Bue: The officials know which judge gave which mark. It is only anonymous to the public. The referee will probably examine this and there will be a debate at the round table discussion.

blue_idealist: The highest and lowest scores in each GOE and component are still tossed out, so the 5s don't count.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Nope they would have not had larger lead, those marks were not counted for, being the lowest.

Custom Title
    Thanks for posting the V/M SD link! Love, love this pair and their SD! 0.39 was not much but it does put psychological pressure on D/W. Many thought, including me, that D/W would have an easy ride. Looks like there's going to be a battle.

The dance teams and pair teams are lucky in a sense where they could help each other stay in their own bubble and focus. Especially in dance. Look at V/M. They were already in characters as soon as they left the boardside. Singles don't have this advantage.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    herios, i don't know how you can be calm.Tess and Scott have never disappointed me either, but I'm all a-flutter
    Did I not tell you to stay calm?

It is Tessa and Scott we are talking about here, the best thing ever happened to ice dance in Canada. If they show up, they are bringing it. Period.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Here are the judges:

Judge No.1 Ms. Sandra WILLIAMSON-LEADLEY ISU New Zealand

Judge No.2 Mr. Shawn RETTSTATT ISU USA

Judge No.3 Mr. Mark STORTON ISU Australia

Judge No.4 Ms. Maira ABASOVA ISU Russia

Judge No.5 Ms. Tianyi ZHANG ISU China

Judge No.6 Ms. Jodi ABBOTT ISU Canada

Judge No.7 Mr. Evgeni ROKHIN ISU Uzbekistan

Judge No.8 Ms. Kaoru TAKINO ISU Japan

Judge No.9 Mr. You-Hwa LEE ISU