6 Amanda EVORA / Mark LADWIG (USA) 52.23
    7 Yue ZHANG / Lei WANG (CHN) 50.61
    8 Narumi TAKAHASHI / Mervin TRAN (JPN) 50.25
    9 Huibo DONG / Yiming WU (CHN) 46.41
    10 Mary Beth MARLEY / Rockne BRUBAKER (USA) 45.60

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    ... can I come?

Custom Title
    MT-M... you can lasso the whole group (except P/T, of course). Go out and skate a great long program!

2-8 could conceivably shift a whole lot. And two Canadian teams on the podium would be very cool.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    ... can I come?
    Only if you promise not to grab Qing Pang's plate away from her!

Custom Title
    Heh. I make no guarantees.

Custom Title
    I have a feeling if Y/C had skated this cleanly, they'd be in 2nd place behind P/T. This is a beautiful program.

Custom Title
    Hmmm, now I know who it is she reminds me of ~ Nicole Bobek!

Seems like they took it easy, after the step-out of the throw 3jump from her, then they opted for double side-by-side jumps instead of triple.

Announcer says they are 4th place. (:^)

Back to my analysis, as I still haven't watched any of the pairs programs from Nationals except Donland & Speroff, Marley & Brubaker, and a couple of junior & novice teams as well. I might've watched some more but I honestly don't remember nor do I think so. :D

Anyhow, she really has very very excellent lines, posture, arms, hands, fingers (actually she resembles one of my all-time favs Oksana Baiul as well; same body, et al). And he reminds me of Rockne Brubaker when it comes to physique, both built for pairs. Easy to see they are an excellent pair couple, but it takes something extra special to make me a fan, which D&S and M&B have. Nevertheless, I wish all American Pairs to do well.

GOOD LUCK IN THE FS!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Seems like they took it easy, after the step-out of the throw 3jump from her, then they opted for double side-by-side jumps instead of triple.
    They didn't opt for double jumps... She just had a mistake and doubled hers.

Pang/Tong were great. Everyone else, not so much. Actually Lawrence/Swiegers appeared to do well, but I missed their skate. I am relieved for Mark Ladwig that they were able to repair his skate and that he could continue on with the program. Yankowskas/Coughlin were off today... I don't think they've made a SP error all season until today.

Custom Title
    Dream on if you think any of the American Pairs will make it in the big time, and I honestly don't care, that's not why I'm a fan of D&S and M&B. They just have that extra something special I look for in a pair, namely two shall skate as one, accompanied with good looks (yes, I'm shallow, but it's the truth). :D

Anyhow, as I said earlier I don't expect much from American Pairs on the world stage, they'll be extremely lucky to pick up a medal on the GP, or here for that matter. And a World or an Olympic Medal will never happen, at least not for a decade imho, if not longer. But that's why it's so special to watch US Nationals, to see whose the best in the country, top 10!

Honestly, the last time a favorite of mine came from America was Tai Babilonia and Randy Gardner in the late 1970's. Ah, the memories, love looking at old footage of them from the old days. Paired up when they were children, just special throughout, a gorgeous pair. I remember I cried when they came back to professional competition in the mid-90's, never losing a thing, honestly better than ever! It's just too bad Randy's gay, you can tell Tai has had it big for him since she was 8, lol. :D Seriously, I think that's why her relationships never work out, but Randy's always there, always has been.

This has made me nostalgic, I'm off to youtube to watch an old video of them.

Custom Title
    I don't think of "two shall skate as one" when I watch either of those pairs, but we're all entitled to our opinions. As for US teams being lucky to medal on the GP, well, it doesn't happen often, but it certainly has happened.

Anyway, I hope someone has captured video of today's action and puts it on Youtube because I did miss a couple skates here and there. But I'm not holding my breath.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Anyhow, as I said earlier I don't expect much from American Pairs on the world stage, they'll be extremely lucky to pick up a medal on the GP, or here for that matter. And a World or an Olympic Medal will never happen, at least not for a decade imho, if not longer. But that's why it's so special to watch US Nationals, to see whose the best in the country, top 10!
    Guess you missed when Amanda & Mark and Caitlyn & John both picked up bronze medals on the GP circuit this past fall. It's a little too early to declare that US pairs are never going to win another World or Olympic medal especially since we don't have a clue what's even going to happen next season yet. :sheesh:

I'm happy A&M were able to hold their composure so well during the boot incident (that was scary, I thought he was hurt) and it was just reported on Twitter from both Universal Sports and Skate Canada that Rudi Sweigers gave his boots to Mark so that he and Amanda could finish their program today. That is pure class right there. I hope Mark can get his boot fixed before the LP and that both teams skate awesome LPs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    I have a feeling if Y/C had skated this cleanly, they'd be in 2nd place behind P/T. This is a beautiful program.
    They (Y/C) had podium scores in Skating Skills.

How many years have P/T been together? It shows in the skating skills.

Custom Title
    From twitter (Universal)

"I just felt he would do it for me," Swiegers said. "The least I could do is offer."

Quote Originally Posted by KwanFan1212 View Post
    I'm happy A&M were able to hold their composure so well during the boot incident (that was scary, I thought he was hurt) and it was just reported on Twitter from both Universal Sports and Skate Canada that Rudi Sweigers gave his boots to Mark so that he and Amanda could finish their program today. That is pure class right there. I hope Mark can get his boot fixed before the LP and that both teams skate awesome LPs.
    What a wonderful thing to do for a fellow competitor! I discovered L/S this season and think their programs are really fun, something you don't see much in skating these days - so I was very happy to see them in second. They deserve loads of good karma for this and good luck to E/L, too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast