Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Ice Dance - Free Dance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yunafan1860 View Post
    I'm uploading Tessa and Scott's video for those who couldn't watch

Thank you! It's such a shame that they weren't able to finish the program. I hope no matter what they do they keep if for next season because it looked phenomenal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Need I remind you, if you speculate how the Worlds will turn out based on previous competition results, e.g. Crone/Poirier at Olympics vs. subsequent World Championship, you may end up been really wrong. The way I see it, Tokyo 2011 Worlds is another competition, another day. All the teams you mentioned have the potential to do well and challenge each other. Nothing is written in the stone. I hope Virtue/Moir will be healthy and ready to compete.
    Of course, nothing is written in stone.

Custom Title
    So heart broken for V/M. She's so young. They could skate till Sochi. Hope they won't go to the World this time.

Medalist
    You're welcome! here it is:

Virtue Moir FD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEadray4yhQ

Tripping on the Podium
    I don't think either C/P or W/P can be written off for Worlds. I think its quite close between a lot of teams and that the placements are far from set in stone. As we learned from this competition who knows whats actually going to occur on the ice. For sure though they have a lot of work to do from now into worlds and if they can get it together I think they can place well. C/P really need to get their levels up in the SD and of course W/P need to avoid making costly errors.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the V/M video! Tessa has had an obvious mistake before the lifting and withdrawing. The injury might have been bothering her all this time.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 02-18-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Tripping on the Podium

Virtue Moir FD:

That was sad to watch, but thanks again.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Need I remind you, if you speculate how the Worlds will turn out based on previous competition results, e.g. Crone/Poirier at Olympics vs. subsequent World Championship, you may end up been really wrong. The way I see it, Tokyo 2011 Worlds is another competition, another day. All the teams you mentioned have the potential to do well and challenge each other. Nothing is written in the stone. I hope Virtue/Moir will be healthy and ready to compete.
    No one is saying anything is written in stone. But there are observable trends. The Shibutanis are definitely trending upward with their scores. They've gone up with each competition. Given that 4CC did not exhibit the level of score inflation it has in the past (perhaps b/c it has all four world champs competiting), it's reasonable to assume that their score here will at least hold up at Worlds if they skate well.

Also, IP is right about the reputation W/P are setting themselves up for. They are like good short program skaters in singles who tend to implode a bit in the FS. Eventually that starts to impact you score even when you skate well. Jeremy Abbott has experienced this in the past.

C/P have not skated either of their dances really poorly this season other than the GPF SD. But the more you see both of them, the less impactful they seem to be with the judges. Their SD is just not a good fit (costumes, music, etc.). Their free dance is something I can picture Torvill and Dean doing at World Pros 20 years ago. Chris Dean tends to be somewhat repetitive creatively at times. It's how you can recognize when he's choreographed something. It does not feel like their take on the dance. It feels like C/P are skating a program Jayne and Chris decided not to use themselves. For anyone who remembers the Duchenays, many of their programs were in fact competition versions of T/D's show programs. It was a great formula that worked for them, but perhaps that well has been tapped enough in the judges minds. That's what this feels like. It actually feels a bit dated.
    Last edited by jcoates; 02-18-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I hadnt thought of that but if V/M miss Worlds then the results will probably be something like:

Gold- Davis & White
    Silver- Pechalat & Bourzat
    Bronze- Bobrova & Soloviev
    4th- Shibutanis or Kerrs

So the best chance would be a 6th and 7th place finish. However there are others like I/K and F/S who could throw a wrench into that as well.
    One thing we need to take into account is that we have not seen a lot of these teams compete against one another yet this season and though judges shouldn't score teams based on the scores of others in the competition, we know it happens anyway. Bobrova & Soloviev have yet to compete against any of the top North American teams other than the Grand Prix Final so we have no idea how they'll compare with the Shibutanis. Also, certain teams know how to step it up when they are faced with heavier competition like the Shibutanis just did at Four Continents today. I'm not suggesting that they'll medal at worlds, I'm just saying its impossible to predict placements based on scores because you have to take into account the athletes' competitive spirit.

Custom Title

Virtue Moir FD:

Thanks, yunafan1860. Thanks a lot.

Virtue Moir FD:

Thanks for the link. I would give them first place anyway for what they did. The rhythm of Carribbean music is downbeat! and that's exactly how they danced it. They weren't waltzing to a carribbean tune.

On the Ice

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skatie View Post
    Thank you for the link and info. Some of the exerpt indicates, "it's official - Tessa is Injured. He phoned me within moments of concluding a phone call with Skate Canada's high performance director, Michael Slipchuk, who stated that tessa felt a tightness in her left quad muscle."

Wishing a speedy recovery for Tessa.

Custom Title
    They still plan on competing at Worlds, (source) but I suspect we won't hear otherwise until much closer to the event, should that change.

Custom Title
    Tessa and Scott have such a beautiful FD. Too bad we don't get to see the whole program. We will find out about her injury soon enough with the press conference going on. I feel they are being cautious this time and Tessa didn't skate through the competition with her titanium will. I have hope this is not terribly serious and they can recover quickly, before or after Worlds.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast