Ice Dance - Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance - Free Dance

shusterbutski

Rinkside
Oh not good for the Canadians, well at least we had a great showing with the pairs. This is too bad, will be interesting to see what happens at worlds.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
W/P nearly had a major fall on that cantilever lift, but and saved it from going down together. Also earlier in program looked like he caught a blade or snagged something and momentarily lost balance. They don't look on their game, and maybe having to get out there earlier than expected rattled them? Not sure this will beat the Shib's FD. Very lift-heavy program.

Last edited:

jcoates

Medalist
They got out of sync on their first set of twizzles and he may have let go of his blade. Then his skate got caught in her costume just before the spin. They practically aborted the first half of it. They will lose levels on the element for sure and at least GOE for the twizzles.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
The Shibutanis will get the silver for sure IMO. The only question is if Weaver & Poje can even stay ahead of Crone & Poirier.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Perhaps they should have just taken the whole year off and let her heal properly.

Still experiencing the shock. I am thinking along the same lines as you. I wondered before 4 CC began if they were coming back too soon.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Shibs silver. C/P bronze. Kaitlyn's reaction when 4th place came up.... I'm sure they are disgusted they let it slip away, and so close.

Good on the Shibs though, nice competition for them!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
And Weaver and Poje lose by less than a point to Crone and Poirier again. This has got to be disheartening for them.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
It seems like Weaver & Poje were shaken up skating after what happened to Tessa. Understandable really. What a strange event.

shusterbutski

Rinkside
Interesting that W/P received a SB even with the mistakes. If they were clean they would probably be on the podium maybe even silver, they just seem to get really nervous. Well a great showing for the top 2 American teams, hopefully the Canadians can regroup for worlds and hopefully Tessa is okay.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Shibs silver. C/P bronze. Kaitlyn's reaction when 4th place came up.... I'm sure they are disgusted they let it slip away.

They always make stupid mistakes when they have a chance to do something. In the short dance thread people wonder why everyone writes them up, well frankly they give people every reason to discount them. If they stepped up at one of these opportunities they would get more respect from the judges and not be screwed over at other times (eg- Canadians this year).

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Now I wonder if Tessa is really ready physically to go to Worlds. I hope she didn't do something here that will set her health back. :-(

beabstress

On the Ice
Shibs silver. C/P bronze. Kaitlyn's reaction when 4th place came up.... I'm sure they are disgusted they let it slip away, and so close.

I haven't been able to get the feed to work, so I didn't see. What exactly was Kaitlyn's reaction? Was she sad or angry or something else?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They always make stupid mistakes when they have a chance to do something. In the short dance thread people wonder why everyone writes them up, well frankly they give people every reason to discount them. If they stepped up at one of these opportunities they would get more respect from the judges and not be screwed over at other times (eg- Canadians this year).

Sad for them, but true.

I guess we can offically give the Shibutani team the most improved dance team award. They are really moving up the ranks steadily.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Andrew Poje especialy seems to be a nervous wreck at times. When they feel like the underdogs they usually skate very well, but when they feel like they have an open door to something he cant control his anxiety it seems.