Ice Dance - Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance - Free Dance

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Not a fan of this C/P program but they skated it well. Still lots of room above it for W/P and Shibs though.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
The Worlds scenario for dance is coming more into play. Davis & White and Virtue & Moir clearly fighting for gold again. Pechalat & Bourzat with a lock on the bronze barring a huge mistake (or a huge mistake by one of the top 2 NA teams above them). Then a big battle for 4th-10th places between the top 2 Russian teams, Shibutanis, the 2nd and 3rd Canadian teams, Kerrs, Faiella & Scali.

icemusings

On the Ice
Chock/Zuerlein, USA: 44.15 TES + 41.15 PCS = 85.30 Total: 142.44
Solid program, beautifully choreographed, great performance from both of them

Crone/Poirier, CAN: 47.27 TES + 42.90 PCS = 90.17 Total: 151.83
Still not in love with it but best I've seen this program, some nice lifts and good twizzles

Huang/Zheng, CHN: 40.01 TES + 37.35 PCS = 77.36 Total: 130.29
She doesn't really fully straighten her leg, good twizzles, good lifts, interesting music editing

Yu/Wang, CHN: 40.92 TES + 34.25 PCS = 75.17 Total: 125.75
Good lines and extension for her, nice lifts, great use of the upper body, looked a little tired by the end of the program

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
The gap between Crone/Poirier & Chock/Zuerlein was 15.37 at Skate Canada and its only 9.39 at here. Did C/Z get better or did C/P get worse?

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
The gap between Crone/Poirier & Chock/Zuerlein was 15.37 at Skate Canada and its only 9.39 at here. Did C/Z get better or did C/P get worse?

I dont think C/P have gotten worse. I think teams like C/Z are getting better. I also think C/P have been overscored this season at all their events until here.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I predict by 2014 the Shibutanis will be battling Davis & White for U.S #1 and battling for the Oly medals with them, the top 2 Russian teams (whomever they are), and Virtue & Moir if they actually stay for 2014 (which I am not sure on).

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
V/M are next. Butterflies have taken nest in my stomach.

Oh, Davis/White were the best I've seen them this season. Clearly brought it.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Crone/Poirier were virtually tied with Kerr/Kerr after the SD at Skate Canada and had a legitimate shot at gold at that event and were given high PCS accordingly. Being in the penultimate group in 5th after the SD at 4CC and likely out of the medals picture resulted in lower PCS. The writing has been on the wall all season long that the judges are not keen on C/P's SD. I guess it was too tall an order for them to change it mid-season given that the SD is such a new concept to ice dance. Hopefully, they will have a stronger SD vehicle next season that gives them better potential to medal at all of their events. During the GP season, they were able to get by on the strength of their FD alone, and their FD is no doubt World medal quality. Unfortunately, their SD is probably considered the weakest among all the top teams and has been doing them no favors. :no: