Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Ice Dance - Free Dance

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Shibs silver. C/P bronze. Kaitlyn's reaction when 4th place came up.... I'm sure they are disgusted they let it slip away.
    They always make stupid mistakes when they have a chance to do something. In the short dance thread people wonder why everyone writes them up, well frankly they give people every reason to discount them. If they stepped up at one of these opportunities they would get more respect from the judges and not be screwed over at other times (eg- Canadians this year).

Custom Title
    Now I wonder if Tessa is really ready physically to go to Worlds. I hope she didn't do something here that will set her health back. :-(

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Shibs silver. C/P bronze. Kaitlyn's reaction when 4th place came up.... I'm sure they are disgusted they let it slip away, and so close.
    I haven't been able to get the feed to work, so I didn't see. What exactly was Kaitlyn's reaction? Was she sad or angry or something else?

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    They always make stupid mistakes when they have a chance to do something. In the short dance thread people wonder why everyone writes them up, well frankly they give people every reason to discount them. If they stepped up at one of these opportunities they would get more respect from the judges and not be screwed over at other times (eg- Canadians this year).
    Sad for them, but true.

I guess we can offically give the Shibutani team the most improved dance team award. They are really moving up the ranks steadily.

Banned
    Andrew Poje especialy seems to be a nervous wreck at times. When they feel like the underdogs they usually skate very well, but when they feel like they have an open door to something he cant control his anxiety it seems.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by beabstress View Post
    I haven't been able to get the feed to work, so I didn't see. What exactly was Kaitlyn's reaction? Was she sad or angry or something else?
    Little of both, but it was self directed - ie, she was annoyed and disappointed that they didn't skate well.

Custom Title
    The look on her face said "Oh not again!" Not really anger or sadness, but frustration.

Custom Title
    When the score came up and it was a seasons best, she seemed pleasantly surprised--guess she thought that with their mistakes it would be lower. Then with the placement came up there was a little rueful grimace and one of those "dad gum it so near yet so far" kinds of reactions. Especially since they could see the margin 3rd vs 4th was so slim. I suspect also it was losing to C/P specifically.

Custom Title
    This is so sad. While I am happy for D/W & the Shibs, I would have much rather that American teams beat Canadians fair and square by having everyone skated the best of their abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    snip

I guess we can offically give the Shibutani team the most improved dance team award. They are really moving up the ranks steadily.
    Totally agree. They were terrific.

Custom Title
    Comparing the scores between this event and Euros (I know this is not an exact science), the Shibs seem set up to have a head to head battle with I/K and K/K for the 4-6 range if V/M do not compete, 5-7 if they do and skate up to their standing. They have definitely been passing I/K score-wise since mid season and with K/K being prone to occassional sloppiness, they could sneak ahead of them too. Will be a very interesting event.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CARA View Post
    This is so sad. While I am happy for D/W & the Shibs, I would have much rather that American teams beat Canadians fair and square by having everyone skated the best of their abilities.
    I can see your point, but there's also the point that in sport, you have to be prepared to deal with anything, and that can be quite difficult when you have a personal tragedy and choose to still compete or a sport-related distraction with your equipment or the skater(s) right before you had problems. It all goes with the territory of being a sports athlete. It certainly isn't an easy task for any of them.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 02-18-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Medalist
    I'm uploading Tessa and Scott's video for those who couldn't watch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post
    Comparing the scores between this event and Euros (I know this is not an exact science), the Shibs seem set up to have a head to head battle with I/K and K/K for the 4-6 range if V/M do not compete, 5-7 if they do and skate up to their standing. They have definitely been passing I/K score-wise since mid season and with K/K being prone to occassional sloppiness, they could sneak ahead of them too. Will be a very interesting event.
    So I guess we are assuming B/S are now going to be ahead of I/K, K/K, S/S, and C/P? Do keep in mind B/S were even behind C/P at the GP final. Then again I expect the Russian fed. will start pushing for them hard as we near Worlds and if V/M dont compete they will push hard for them to win the bronze behind D/W and P/B.

Custom Title
    But W/P would have gotten second without the missed element. It received no score and would have given them at least another 5 points (not to say how it would have helped their PCS mark). Which would have put them in second! It must be hard for them to know this. But it does give them something to build on and know that when and if they skate clean they can be up there at worlds!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast