Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 225

Thread: Ice Dance - Free Dance

  1. #91
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    So I guess we are assuming B/S are now going to be ahead of I/K, K/K, S/S, and C/P? Do keep in mind B/S were even behind C/P at the GP final. Then again I expect the Russian fed. will start pushing for them hard as we near Worlds and if V/M dont compete they will push hard for them to win the bronze behind D/W and P/B.
    These hypothetical placements are based on everyone skating cleanly. B/S made numerous errors at the GPF. I think the closeness to Russian Nats put them off a bit.

    Of course errors can happen with anyone, so you never know. None of us saw V/M withdrawing based on how they skated their SD.

  2. #92
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I can see your point, but there's also the point that in sport, you have to be prepared to deal with anything, and that can be quite difficult when you have a personal tragedy or a sport-related distraction with your equipment or the skater(s) right before you had problems. It all goes with the territory of being a sports athlete. It certainly isn't an easy task for any of them.
    I agree that it's not easy when unforeseenable tragedy like V/M occur. It could definitely affect the following team. At the same time, I remember how well Jeremy Abbott handled long delay for his SD at this year's nationals. He stayed focused throughout the bizzar "necklace" hunt incident. Many commented that Jeremy a couple of years ago could have definitely rattled and let it affect his performance. So I guess it goes both ways.

  3. #93
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Yeah, but they still would've been behind on the FD to the Shibs. Much like C/P, they have a dance that hasn't gone over well

    That third Canadian spot seems to be drifting off in the distance.

  4. #94
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by CARA View Post
    I agree that it's not easy when unforeseenable tragedy like V/M occur. It could definitely affect the following team. At the same time, I remember how well Jeremy Abbott handled long delay for his SD at this year's nationals. He stayed focused throughout the bizzar "necklace" hunt incident. Many commented that Jeremy a couple of years ago could have definitely rattled and let it affect his performance. So I guess it goes both ways.
    Age does come with its benefits.

  5. #95
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by yunafan1860 View Post
    I'm uploading Tessa and Scott's video for those who couldn't watch

    Thank you very much

  6. #96
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Yeah, but they still would've been behind on the FD to the Shibs. Much like C/P, they have a dance that hasn't gone over well

    That third Canadian spot seems to be drifting off in the distance.
    What makes you say that when they would have won Silver if skated clean and not rattled by the bizarre incident before them?

  7. #97
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    94
    Yep any skater should do that kind of "mental training" 'cause anything can happen :|

  8. #98
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Age does come with its benefits.
    Yes, definitely age, and experience. I also wonder if W/P have a sport psychologist to consult. If not, they could sure use it.

  9. #99
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by CARA View Post
    I agree that it's not easy when unforeseenable tragedy like V/M occur. It could definitely affect the following team.
    And that's where the "sport" aspect comes in. At that point, it's not about what your program IS, it's just about doing it. I'm not at all surprised that W/P made mistakes. They're not the most reliable, or the toughest, team out there.

  10. #100
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by yunafan1860 View Post
    Yep any skater should do that kind of "mental training" 'cause anything can happen :|
    I think they learned their lesson today.

  11. #101
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Yeah, but they still would've been behind on the FD to the Shibs. Much like C/P, they have a dance that hasn't gone over well

    That third Canadian spot seems to be drifting off in the distance.
    I'm fearing the loss of the third spot as well. We still have to see V/M might not be out and I think C/P and W/P could potentially place well enough to qualify three. Hopefully the teams can regroup.

  12. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Yeah, but they still would've been behind on the FD to the Shibs. Much like C/P, they have a dance that hasn't gone over well

    That third Canadian spot seems to be drifting off in the distance.
    I hadnt thought of that but if V/M miss Worlds then the results will probably be something like:

    Gold- Davis & White
    Silver- Pechalat & Bourzat
    Bronze- Bobrova & Soloviev
    4th- Shibutanis or Kerrs

    So the best chance would be a 6th and 7th place finish. However there are others like I/K and F/S who could throw a wrench into that as well.

  13. #103
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    What makes you say that when they would have won Silver if skated clean and not rattled by the bizarre incident before them?
    Because C/P nor W/P have really made the inroads I wanted for them. Because W/P make silly errors in the FD in general - at NHK, Skate America, GPF..... Because if the Shibs have really passed Crone/Porier, it becomes even tougher. Because 13 is required, and 5/8 or 6/7 seems the most plausible, but I can't make the math work the way I want.

    But mostly, because I'm really sad Tessa/Scott might not be there.

  14. #104
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Because C/P nor W/P have really made the inroads I wanted for them. Because W/P make silly errors in the FD in general - at NHK, Skate America, GPF..... Because if the Shibs have really passed Crone/Porier, it becomes even tougher. Because 13 is required, and 5/8 or 6/7 seems the most plausible, but I can't make the math work the way I want.

    But mostly, because I'm really sad Tessa/Scott might not be there.
    Need I remind you, if you speculate how the Worlds will turn out based on previous competition results, e.g. Crone/Poirier at Olympics vs. subsequent World Championship, you may end up been really wrong. The way I see it, Tokyo 2011 Worlds is another competition, another day. All the teams you mentioned have the potential to do well and challenge each other. Nothing is written in the stone. I hope Virtue/Moir will be healthy and ready to compete.

  15. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by yunafan1860 View Post
    I'm uploading Tessa and Scott's video for those who couldn't watch

    Thanks so much! Let us know when we can watch the video!

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •