Men's Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program

But Rippon's 3A looks short on revolution as well. If anything, their revolution are about 2-5 degree difference. So how does one get more points for just a bit more rotated & falling and stumbling? :think:
Whoever it is believes in rotating air turns is more important than landing jumps. I don't and I don't believe in partial credit, but honestly Adam skated his best ever blade to ice performance. it was a well thoughtout Tschaikowsky R&J. Was it David Wilson who choeographed it?

lavender

Record Breaker
Dai is so smooth. I wonder who choreographed his short. I still wish that he would have won the Olympics then one of the actual best skater would be on top.

lavender

Record Breaker
I still very much enjoyed Rippon's skate. His hair cut makes him look older which I kind of like. He's still a cutie. Internationally Jeremy and Adam get more respect and the pcs scores that would put them in good standing. I don't know if that's true for the trio going to worlds.

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
From what I've seen this past season, I think Kevin Reynolds is so adorable and his hair is part of his charm.
Not being able to find video of his short program, I'm not sure if his hair is so different than say...Canadian nationals so I can't comment on that.
Hopefully, video surfaces soon or I'll find the long program eventually. I really wanna see him now.
And..I agree with Lavender..Rippon's hair cut makes him look older but he's still a cutie! I think it's just that we're so used to seeing his curls that we miss them.
hehe

herios

Medalist
Dai is so smooth. I wonder who choreographed his short. I still wish that he would have won the Olympics then one of the actual best skater would be on top.

His SP choreographer: Shae-Lynn Bourne
LP: Pasquale Camerlengo

Two former ice dancers, so no surprise his programns are "dancy"

webbo

Spectator
Greetiings from Australia, new to this. My son Mark Webster (AUS) skated at four Continents taipei. I wasn't able to see him skate. Could you please advise where I can get a copy of his performance or a site where it is for the short program, or email to me. [email protected]
Thanks
I will try to find a live stream for the free, but sometimes these things are blocked

Mr Webster, in case you missed this from another thread:
http://topic.pptv.com/2010/ynet/live.php?id=6905
A poster named ricksax wrote:
For those of you in USA who want to watch rest by live stream, I have now watched mens' short and dance free skate using link graciously provided by bigsisjiejie in her posting.Iit seems safe and works well. I have had to experiment a lot to finally make it work but here is my experience after many tries: it only works with a PC, not Mac; I could not accress with either Google Chrome nor Mozilla Firefox browesr but successful with Internet Explorer browser with only with the 32 bit version and could not access with the 64 bit version. I was able to use the translator with the IE 32 bit version which also is a help. I realize everyone may have his/her own experience with this but this is what worked for me. I hope it does for you too and hopefully saves you a lot of time. It was worth it so enjoy the remaining events! It is possible if you try!
I don't know if it will work in Australia. Another poster mentioned that the same channel was reshowing the SP (I think it was) so it does exist on tape! Good luck tracking it down, and good luck to your son for the FP!

sigrid

On the Ice
Whoever it is believes in rotating air turns is more important than landing jumps. I don't and I don't believe in partial credit, but honestly Adam skated his best ever blade to ice performance. it was a well thoughtout Tschaikowsky R&J. Was it David Wilson who choeographed it?
The SP is choreographed by David Wilson and Sebastien Britten IIRC

NMURA

Medalist
edge call on flip is costly in the SP.
You can get -1 GOE on the flip vs. +1 GOE on the loop. So there's your 2 points difference in TES.

edge call on flip isn't costly in the LP.

In case of Hanyu, he's doing the flip in the SP because doing 3Loop gives an impression that he has the intention to go back to Jr worlds. I guess Gachinsky had planned that.

FTnoona

Final Flight
Extremely excited for the LP tomorrow. I'd love to see if Yuzuru and Dai can keep up the level of their perfs so far. I have a feeling that Yuzuru is going to be off the podium though because he always looks exhausted near the end of his program. Love to see a comeback from Kozuka!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
In case of Hanyu, he's doing the flip in the SP because doing 3Loop gives an impression that he has the intention to go back to Jr worlds. I guess Gachinsky had planned that.

So? Impression = 2 points. Hanya always got e on his flip, he needs to drop that from the SP. His coach with two brain cells rubbed together should tell him that.

Fozzie Bear

On the Ice
I really hope Jeremy does well tomorrow. His long program is so gorgeous. It's my favorite of the season for the men, along with Shawn's.
Mine too! :)

I hope Kozuka can step it up in the LP. He can't afford to keep skating so inconsistently, national title or not. He barely gets any love from the international judges as it is.

NMURA

Medalist
So? Impression = 2 points. Hanya always got e on his flip, he needs to drop that from the SP. His coach with two brain cells rubbed together should tell him that.

Is there any man who dropped lutz or flip because of "2 points"? How about Amodio? He has upgraded jump contents of the SP from last season. Most of the senior men doing solo 3Lo are those who don't have consistent lutz or flip (like Voronov, Menshov). Such "impressions" are important, especially for young skaters who aim the top level.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Earlier today I watched the replays of my faves competing ~ Jeremy, Adam, Kevin, Daisuke, and Takahiko ~ and loved it. :)

A few glitches here & there but the performance level for all four was superb, especially Kevin Reynolds imho. The only downside I would have to say were the hairstyles of Jeremy (football head), Takahiko (overdone this year, as well as his programs imho), and saddest of all for me personally was seeing all of Adam's beautiful gorgeous exquisite locks of curly hair gone. :cry: In the words of Nancy Kerrigan "WHY????" :confused:

Here's hoping they all skate clean for the FS and most importantly BRING IT ON, BRING IT ON!!!! :cool:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
and saddest of all for me personally was seeing all of Adam's beautiful gorgeous exquisite locks of curly hair gone. :cry: In the words of Nancy Kerrigan "WHY????" :confused:

Adam is now bald?!!!!!!!

No bemoaning the quick disappearance of Daisuke's moustache?