Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Men's Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    Yeah!!!! I'm so glad that Yuzuru get this high scores, I hope he will not get nervous tomorrow and medal.

He always land wrong eges Filp, but it seems he or his coach want to keep it in the short program instead of changing to other jump.
    Under current rules, edge call on Flip is not that costly, as skaters can sub with 3Loop in the SP, as both jump are only 0.2 difference. LP program is different thou, but if you have two solid 3As and two true Lutzs + a quad, it doesn't matter.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Well, I think the system is correct on this one. More revolutions in the air is such a difficult thing to do. It's not pretty pretty though. But it's not all about pretty positions and styles. There are some excitement in this sport as well.
    But Rippon's 3A looks short on revolution as well. If anything, their revolution are about 2-5 degree difference. So how does one get more points for just a bit more rotated & falling and stumbling?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Under current rules, edge call on Flip is not that costly, as skaters can sub with 3Loop in the SP, as both jump are only 0.2 difference. LP program is different thou, but if you have two solid 3As and two true Lutzs + a quad, it doesn't matter.
    edge call on flip is costly in the SP.
    You can get -1 GOE on the flip vs. +1 GOE on the loop. So there's your 2 points difference in TES.

edge call on flip isn't costly in the LP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Well, I think the system is correct on this one. More revolutions in the air is such a difficult thing to do. It's not pretty pretty though. But it's not all about pretty positions and styles. There are some excitement in this sport as well.
    More revolutions in the air is difficult, but I believe in order to earn the credit of a jump, a proper take-off and landing should be included. That's what Senior competition is all about. You can tell, I'm not fond of partial credit especially at the Senior Level.

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    But Rippon's 3A looks short on revolution as well. If anything, their revolution are about 2-5 degree difference. So how does one get more points for just a bit more rotated & falling and stumbling?
    Whoever it is believes in rotating air turns is more important than landing jumps. I don't and I don't believe in partial credit, but honestly Adam skated his best ever blade to ice performance. it was a well thoughtout Tschaikowsky R&J. Was it David Wilson who choeographed it?

Custom Title
    Dai is so smooth. I wonder who choreographed his short. I still wish that he would have won the Olympics then one of the actual best skater would be on top.

Thank you for the links. I have been praising Hanyu for the past three seasons, so i am not surprised at this wonderful display of talent. If his LP is as good as this, I think he will be pushing out one of the top three in Japan.

Custom Title
    I still very much enjoyed Rippon's skate. His hair cut makes him look older which I kind of like. He's still a cutie. Internationally Jeremy and Adam get more respect and the pcs scores that would put them in good standing. I don't know if that's true for the trio going to worlds.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    From what I've seen this past season, I think Kevin Reynolds is so adorable and his hair is part of his charm.
    Not being able to find video of his short program, I'm not sure if his hair is so different than say...Canadian nationals so I can't comment on that.
    Hopefully, video surfaces soon or I'll find the long program eventually. I really wanna see him now.
    And..I agree with Lavender..Rippon's hair cut makes him look older but he's still a cutie! I think it's just that we're so used to seeing his curls that we miss them.
    hehe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Dai is so smooth. I wonder who choreographed his short. I still wish that he would have won the Olympics then one of the actual best skater would be on top.

His SP choreographer: Shae-Lynn Bourne
    LP: Pasquale Camerlengo

Two former ice dancers, so no surprise his programns are "dancy"

Rinkside
    Greetiings from Australia, new to this. My son Mark Webster (AUS) skated at four Continents taipei. I wasn't able to see him skate. Could you please advise where I can get a copy of his performance or a site where it is for the short program, or email to me. jw2884@tpg.com.au
    Thanks
    I will try to find a live stream for the free, but sometimes these things are blocked

Custom Title
    webbo, I just sent you an email. Good luck to your son

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    His SP choreographer: Shae-Lynn Bourne
    LP: Pasquale Camerlengo

Two former ice dancers, so no surprise his programns are "dancy"
    Wow I'm so proud of Shae-Lynn. She's so talented.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Mr Webster, in case you missed this from another thread:
    http://topic.pptv.com/2010/ynet/live.php?id=6905
    A poster named ricksax wrote:
    For those of you in USA who want to watch rest by live stream, I have now watched mens' short and dance free skate using link graciously provided by bigsisjiejie in her posting.Iit seems safe and works well. I have had to experiment a lot to finally make it work but here is my experience after many tries: it only works with a PC, not Mac; I could not accress with either Google Chrome nor Mozilla Firefox browesr but successful with Internet Explorer browser with only with the 32 bit version and could not access with the 64 bit version. I was able to use the translator with the IE 32 bit version which also is a help. I realize everyone may have his/her own experience with this but this is what worked for me. I hope it does for you too and hopefully saves you a lot of time. It was worth it so enjoy the remaining events! It is possible if you try!
    I don't know if it will work in Australia. Another poster mentioned that the same channel was reshowing the SP (I think it was) so it does exist on tape! Good luck tracking it down, and good luck to your son for the FP!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast