Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Men's Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Whoever it is believes in rotating air turns is more important than landing jumps. I don't and I don't believe in partial credit, but honestly Adam skated his best ever blade to ice performance. it was a well thoughtout Tschaikowsky R&J. Was it David Wilson who choeographed it?
    The SP is choreographed by David Wilson and Sebastien Britten IIRC

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    edge call on flip is costly in the SP.
    You can get -1 GOE on the flip vs. +1 GOE on the loop. So there's your 2 points difference in TES.

edge call on flip isn't costly in the LP.
    In case of Hanyu, he's doing the flip in the SP because doing 3Loop gives an impression that he has the intention to go back to Jr worlds. I guess Gachinsky had planned that.

Custom Title
    Extremely excited for the LP tomorrow. I'd love to see if Yuzuru and Dai can keep up the level of their perfs so far. I have a feeling that Yuzuru is going to be off the podium though because he always looks exhausted near the end of his program. Love to see a comeback from Kozuka!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    In case of Hanyu, he's doing the flip in the SP because doing 3Loop gives an impression that he has the intention to go back to Jr worlds. I guess Gachinsky had planned that.
    So? Impression = 2 points. Hanya always got e on his flip, he needs to drop that from the SP. His coach with two brain cells rubbed together should tell him that.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    I really hope Jeremy does well tomorrow. His long program is so gorgeous. It's my favorite of the season for the men, along with Shawn's.
    Mine too!

I hope Kozuka can step it up in the LP. He can't afford to keep skating so inconsistently, national title or not. He barely gets any love from the international judges as it is.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    So? Impression = 2 points. Hanya always got e on his flip, he needs to drop that from the SP. His coach with two brain cells rubbed together should tell him that.
    Is there any man who dropped lutz or flip because of "2 points"? How about Amodio? He has upgraded jump contents of the SP from last season. Most of the senior men doing solo 3Lo are those who don't have consistent lutz or flip (like Voronov, Menshov). Such "impressions" are important, especially for young skaters who aim the top level.

Rinkside
    Thankyou very much. Hopeing for a clean FP

cheers

Custom Title
    Yes, good luck to your son, webbo.

Custom Title
    Earlier today I watched the replays of my faves competing ~ Jeremy, Adam, Kevin, Daisuke, and Takahiko ~ and loved it.

A few glitches here & there but the performance level for all four was superb, especially Kevin Reynolds imho. The only downside I would have to say were the hairstyles of Jeremy (football head), Takahiko (overdone this year, as well as his programs imho), and saddest of all for me personally was seeing all of Adam's beautiful gorgeous exquisite locks of curly hair gone. In the words of Nancy Kerrigan "WHY????"

Here's hoping they all skate clean for the FS and most importantly BRING IT ON, BRING IT ON!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    and saddest of all for me personally was seeing all of Adam's beautiful gorgeous exquisite locks of curly hair gone. In the words of Nancy Kerrigan "WHY????"
    Adam is now bald?!!!!!!!

No bemoaning the quick disappearance of Daisuke's moustache?

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Adam is now bald?!!!!!!!

No bemoaning the quick disappearance of Daisuke's moustache?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XTAoDVSGq4

Not bald per say. Just really short.
    *still need to see Dai's sp.*

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Wasn't liking the moustache to begin with.
    He's cuter without it. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XTAoDVSGq4

Not bald per say. Just really short.
    *still need to see Dai's sp.*
    It's really oddly cut/styled. There's a lopsided hill of hair on top and then a clump sticking out at the left side. =/

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15