Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pairs FS 4CCs

Tripping on the Podium
    I don't get anything unfortunately, just links leading to CCTV then it tells me I'm geo-blocked. Thanks though.

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    Do I have to click on something? Because nothing is happening.

Custom Title
    Dong/Wu are doing OK--he had jump problems--but I've never been a fan. They don't have the consistency or the big tricks a la the Zhangs, and no personality to get behind. Not musical--they just power through everything regardless of what's playing, and seem to just be working to get through the program. Lifts are scary, they always look slightly shaky. (I saw them abort one at CoC just in time to avert a catastrophe, so I always hold my breath.) I'm not seeing tremendous future upside for this pair. 88.69. Lower FS and total than M/B!
    Last edited by bigsisjiejie; 02-18-2011 at 04:18 AM.

Custom Title
    If you can't get the live feed, I'm liveblogging the event here: http://tinyurl.com/4abcera. I'll try and post some thoughts over here as well.

Custom Title
    1. Takahashi/Tran, JPN: 52.56 TES + 51.82 PCS -2.00 = 102.38 Total: 152.63
    2. Marley/Brubaker, USA: 51.35 TES + 47.51 PCS = 98.86 Total: 144.46
    3. Dong/Wu, CHN: 47.38 TES + 41.31 PCS = 88.69 Total: 135.10

Takashi and Tran had a lot of problems with their free skate but it must be very difficult to be training a senior and junior program at the same time and switching back and forth so many times over the season. They show promise and will benefit from doing only one level.

Marley and Brubaker had a good skate with no major errors and I expect they'll only improve over time.

Dong and Wu's program was nothing special and they seem to lack many of the qualities that the Chinese are known for. Her air positions are also not very good but they try and hide them.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by icemusings View Post
    If you can't get the live feed, I'm liveblogging the event here: http://tinyurl.com/4abcera. I'll try and post some thoughts over here as well.
    Hey thanks, will definitely follow along, thanks for doing this.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Mar-Bru: crashy twist but otherwise they did a great job in their first major intl FS! This pair definitely has a future.
    Marley also doubled the 3S... And the throw flip was a double, but that was intentional. For coming here kind of last minute, I thought they looked fine. The lift positions aren't so good, and they'll want to improve the throws, but it was a respectable skate after coming into this in 10th.

Takahashi/Tran sure have a full competition schedule with both the Jr & Sr events. They are a beautiful team with sbs jumping issues... But she at least landed the throws better than usual.
    Last edited by gold12345; 02-18-2011 at 04:30 AM.

Custom Title
    Zhang/Wang starting strong with good first SBS jumps, she had slight bobble on 2nd pass. doing a credible job, look a little slow. Oh boy, problems on lift, didn't get up, that's a shame, looked llike mistiming. Nice throws.I think this pair looks good and may be one of the "next generation" to carry the Chinese banner with more seasoning. Their heights/sizes are well matched. Need to pick up speed.

Wow: 88.32 and total 138.93. Behind M/B!
    Last edited by bigsisjiejie; 02-18-2011 at 04:40 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    Marley also doubled the 3S... And the throw flip was a double, but that was intentional. For coming here kind of last minute, I thought they looked fine. The lift positions aren't so good, and they'll want to improve the throws, but it was a respectable skate after coming into this in 10th.

Takahashi/Tran sure have a full competition schedule with both the Jr & Sr events. They are a beautiful team with sbs jumping issues... But she at least landed the throws better than usual.
    Yes i know M/B intentionally did double twist. Also T/T. They don't have the triple down yet. I'm sure next season we might see from both of them..

Custom Title
    Such nice throws for Zhang/Wang, but the lifts are a bit troublesome... And they don't do a triple twist anymore? They also stumbled during choreography. Ouch. Nice 3T-2T

Custom Title
    M-T/M are bringing it. They are skating like seniors at least, not scared kids. :-) And she falls on a throw as I write. Oy. But back into it to finish. Maybe it's her positions, but there's something a little loosey-goosey in their delivery that needs to be tightened up. Pretty good job though. I expect will go to first easily.

Can't help but wonder how Dube/Davison will figure back into the Canadian pairs mix next season--assuming they come back.
    Last edited by bigsisjiejie; 02-18-2011 at 04:38 AM.

Custom Title
    M-T/M skated well... just the fall on the throw 3 sal. They are definitely rough around the edges, but they really go after it. And great strength on those lifts.

Custom Title
    Evora/Ladwig are an outrageously good looking pair. She falls on first jump pass, hand down on throw. Come on guys, hold it together. Spins off but so are everybody elses in this comp so far. She falls again hard on double axle attempt. How disheartening. Beautiful lifts. she hangs onto the 2nd throw. IMO, best musical interpretation/other PCS deserved so far. But the falls likely won't get you onto the podium. Sigh. 105.07 total 157.30 2nd behind M-T/M.

Custom Title
    Far from Evora/Ladwig's best today. 2 falls and hands down on a throw. I wonder if the skate issue has been on their minds? At least they recovered well with the throw 3loop and the great lifts.

ETA: I just read that Jeremy Barrett's grandmother passed away :( That could explain why Evora might have seemed a little out of it today.
    Last edited by gold12345; 02-18-2011 at 04:59 AM.

Custom Title
    Zhang/Wang, CHN: 45.63 TES + 42.69 PCS = 88.32 Total: 138.93
    Some nice throws, but an aborted lift and no choreography or performance

Moore-Towers/Moscovitch, CAN: 58.93 TES + 53.88 PCS -1.00 = 11.81 Total: 166.22
    Overall a solid program despite the fall on her second throw and an awkward death spiral position

Evora/Ladwig, USA: 53.57 TES + 53.50 PCS -2.00 = 105.07 Total: 157.30
    She fell on both the side by side jumps and just didn't seem to really be in the performance today

M-T/M lead followed by Evora/Ladwig and Takahashi/Tran.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast