Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pairs FS 4CCs

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    Far from Evora/Ladwig's best today. 2 falls and hands down on a throw. I wonder if the skate issue has been on their minds? At least they recovered well with the throw 3loop and the great lifts.
    Probably that coupled with the fact that Amanda is married to Jeremy and his grandmother passed away, not to mention him getting his leg sliced open and ending his season. Amanda probably had a lot on her mind :(

Wish I could watch the skating. This really blows for mac users...
    Last edited by futureidol; 02-18-2011 at 05:08 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by futureidol View Post
    Probably that coupled with the fact that Amanda is married to Jeremy and his grandmother is sick/dying (?) and not to mention him getting his leg sliced open and ending his season. Amanda probably had a lot on her mind :(
    Yes, I edited my post to add that his grandmother passed away. Such a shame.

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    Yes, I edited my post to add that his grandmother passed away. Such a shame.
    Oh she passed away? I didn't have the full details. So sad. My thoughts and prayers are with Amanda, Jeremy and his family.

Custom Title
    ^^ I didn't know about the grandmother. Sorry to hear. I didn't realize Amanda and Jeremy were already married--thought they were still engaged. Regardless, yes they each have had a full plate of worries off-ice.

Custom Title
    Pang and Tong have this competition in the bag, I think. I got back to the stream about 30 seconds late but it looks like except for a little jump bobble by her, they were very "on." Very beautiful program although I liked their Impossible Dream program even more. I think they will be in the hunt for World medal this year, wouldn't count them out. 128.04, total 199.45.

Custom Title
    I think Tong singled an axel and did a 2T instead of a 3T? It was well skated otherwise though.

Custom Title
    I had some stream freezes during L/S program so not sure what I missed. But what I saw looked quite strong, except for a small hand down on a throw by her. CCTV5 is broadcasting on 5 minute delay right now so I'll try to catch the whole thing. 111.75 total 171.73.

ETA: He had a jump issue but no huge snafus. They can be proud of how they skated their competition programs here.
    Last edited by bigsisjiejie; 02-18-2011 at 05:33 AM.

Custom Title
    The Duhamel/Radford team is growing on me fast. They are skating like they mean it. Wow. She is fearless. I didn't see any major oopsies. I'm not good enough to count levels or things on pairs, but I think this was a stronger FS than L/S. Judges think so too. 121.87 total 181.79 and second place. Well done!

Tripping on the Podium
    Wow that is a huge score for D/R that's so amazing. Can't wait for this to be posted on YouTube, good for them.

Custom Title
    Yankowskas/Coughlin were doing so well until that popped throw 3S! And she had to wrap her arm around him on the twist. I really like this program though.

Custom Title
    Y/C program was gorgeous but looked cautious from the stream. SBS jumps good, spins good, lifts fine. Not sure if difficulty was up with the Canadians'. One major mistake: she popped the throw triple sal to a single. I don't think it will be enough to overtake L/S though. 111.72 total 166.97 and 4th place. Too bad no medal. If they had gone clean in SP and FS, I think they would have the bronze.

Great day for the Canadians, two medals and 5th (near tie with Y/C for 4th).

Custom Title
    Final Results:
    1 Qing PANG / Jian TONG (CHN) 199.45
    2 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN) 181.79
    3 Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN) 171.73
    4 Caitlin YANKOWSKAS / John COUGHLIN (USA) 166.97
    5 Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) 166.22
    6 Amanda EVORA / Mark LADWIG (USA) 157.30
    7 Narumi TAKAHASHI / Mervin TRAN (JPN) 152.63
    8 Mary Beth MARLEY / Rockne BRUBAKER (USA) 144.46
    9 Yue ZHANG / Lei WANG (CHN) 138.93
    10 Huibo DONG / Yiming WU (CHN) 135.10

Custom Title
    The Canadian pairs did really well today. I can't help but feel so happy for Meagan Duhamel to be doing well after such a rough year last year. And she learned a triple twist! It's not great yet, but I'm surprised she's got it now. I even see some small improvements in how she presents herself. She and Radford did a great job today, and their reaction to their placement/score was just great! Now if only they could fix that leg wrap, those lift positions, etc. But it's really turned out to be a great year for them.

Tripping on the Podium
    Really happy with the results for the Canadians, it will be interesting to see where M-T/M and D/R can place at worlds. That FS score for D/R is really impressive, I like what I saw at nationals and am thrilled at their result, hopefully they can skate clean in the short. M-T/M weren't their best, hopefully they can take what they learned from this competition and make it work for them at worlds. Hopefully most of the performances will be posted on YouTube.

Custom Title
    Pang and Tong were good here and seem to be peaking at the right time. I saw them really perform their program for the first time all season.

Swiegers and Lawrence were good but there are things they can do to improve their GOEs. My feed froze in the middle and I understand he had some problems on his sbs jumps.

Duhamel and Radford skated really well. If she can work on her air positions in the lifts and clean up some of their jumps they could consistently be among the best in the world.

Yankowskas and Coughlin lost the bronze medal because of a mistake on their throw triple salchow which she singled. It just seemed like she didn't get enough height on the takeoff. This really is a spellbinding program and I think if they can go clean with both programs at worlds they'll place well.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast