Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pairs FS 4CCs

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shusterbutski View Post
    Really happy with the results for the Canadians, it will be interesting to see where M-T/M and D/R can place at worlds. That FS score for D/R is really impressive, I like what I saw at nationals and am thrilled at their result, hopefully they can skate clean in the short. M-T/M weren't their best, hopefully they can take what they learned from this competition and make it work for them at worlds. Hopefully most of the performances will be posted on YouTube.
    In fact, their free skate score is the 5th best for the season at any ISU competition!

Tripping on the Podium
    Thanks I was actually going to ask because I figured it was one of the highest scores this season. Awesome for them!

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Amanda & Jeremy are NOT married yet. They just got engaged over the Christmas holiday but haven't made any wedding plans yet. I'm so sorry to hear that Jeremy's grandmother passed away. I knew she'd had a stroke recently but I hadn't heard the other news. I'm sure that was heavy on Amanda's heart today.

That really sucks for Jeremy, having the foot cut and then his grandmother passing away.

Tripping on the Podium
    Would love to see the Duhamel/Radford FS if anyone has it or knows where/if its been posted???

Custom Title
    I couldn't bring myself to the Jeremy injury thread again. That photo was just scary. Now I'm even a bit afraid of watching pairs skating.

On a happy note, congratulations to P/T and the Canadians! P/T are going to get married soon.

Is Sochi in the plans for P/T after the wedding? If so there will only be a third podium spot for the Olys.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Is Sochi in the plans for P/T after the wedding? If so there will only be a third podium spot for the Olys.
    It's possible. Shen/Zhao did it at 2010 Olympics. There's no reason that P/T couldn't in Sochi.

Custom Title
    Did anyone see the medal ceremony? It was restaged after the FD because the Chinese nation anthem wasn't played at the Pairs' medal presentation due to technical problems.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    ^^ I didn't know about the grandmother. Sorry to hear. I didn't realize Amanda and Jeremy were already married--thought they were still engaged. Regardless, yes they each have had a full plate of worries off-ice.
    they're still just engaged. No way could they have slipped in a wedding between their engagement over teh holidays and training for nationals/worlds.

Custom Title
    I think its a good idea for P/T to go on top with a world medal (hopeing another world title, but unlikely, the germens are the fav right now). Get some rest and if they still have the fire by Sochi, they can come back. Only problem is who is going to keep the 3 spots for China?? Zhangs need to come back strong next season to keep at least 2 spots for world, and Sui/Han are still too young and unlikely they will finish in top 10 in their first year.

Custom Title
    I don't think there is any wedding plan for P/T at this point, unless I completely missed his proposal, which is supposed to be an elaborate event. I found this Jan 4 write up in the Chinese press.

Tong's two goals for 2011 are 1) to establish a skating club, and 2) to propose to Pang properly. He intends it to be an important and very romantic event, making sure it will be most memorable for her. However, he hasn't figured out how to do it yet.

He talks about the pressure since the Olympics, having to carry Pairs skating for China with S/Z's retirement and the Zhang's injury, while facing the challenges from the German and Russian teams. The busy schedule and intense attention make it more difficult to train but they are motivated and confident.

Tong says that ever since the announcement of their coupledom, he has to take a lot from Pang. Now he can't act out if he is upset during training like he used to. Pang just smiles at him without disputing that statement.

The relationship brought about two romantic programs but they had to go back to the old SP because the judges disapproved the new one.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 02-18-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Custom Title
    Just an OT thought on T/T:

I get that they're Japan's only internationally viable Pairs' team, but WHAT ON EARTH was JSF thinking sending them to 2 JGPs, 2 GPs, JGPF, 4CC, JWC, and WC?

I feel that 8 ISU events in a season is a bit much, no matter how much you're that country's only hope.

Custom Title
    GirlT continues to mess up SBS jumps. They really have potential to medal at Worlds if she's a stronger jumper. BoyT should find a strong jumper in canada to pair up and represent his country. But he seems like a whatever-laid-back-relaxed type, so they aren't going anywhere.

Custom Title
    On Feb. 16, 2011 from Ice Network, Pang/Tong are planning to get married after the Worlds.
    "The wedding will definitely take place after we compete at worlds." Tong said.
    Asked if they will have an on-ice wedding celebration ala Shen and Zhao, Tong laughed.

"It will be even greater than that wedding," he said.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 02-18-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast