Pairs FS 4CCs | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS 4CCs

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
But Tong still has to propose formally. He can't do it on ice after winning Worlds because Zhao did that. Tong wants to out do Zhao in romancing his intended!

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
But Tong still has to propose formally. He can't do it on ice after winning Worlds because Zhao did that. Tong wants to out do Zhao in romancing his intended!

One of these reporters might have mixed up. They might be talking about the samething. Or Pang/Tong might have changed mind and decided to have a big wedding instead of formal, public proposal. I'd think the IN report is more accurate since it's more recent. Kneel down on the ice to propose is getting old. Zhao attempted it (unsuccessfully), Boldwin did it. These were all not long ago. Anyway, I'm very happy for them!

geoskate

On the Ice
The Canadian pairs did really well today. I can't help but feel so happy for Meagan Duhamel to be doing well after such a rough year last year. And she learned a triple twist! It's not great yet, but I'm surprised she's got it now.

They only got six +2 GOEs and three +1 GOES on the triple twist, so I guess they do have their work cut out for them on that :).

Protocols for the free skate

Now if only they could fix that leg wrap, those lift positions, etc. But it's really turned out to be a great year for them.

I agree with you on this. However, given how much she has improved on general line, etc. since the beginning of the season, there will probably be an improvement on even this by the time worlds comes around.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
One of these reporters might have mixed up. They might be talking about the samething. Or Pang/Tong might have changed mind and decided to have a big wedding instead of formal, public proposal. I'd think the IN report is more accurate since it's more recent. Kneel down on the ice to propose is getting old. Zhao attempted it (unsuccessfully), Boldwin did it. These were all not long ago. Anyway, I'm very happy for them!

Actually Kurt Browning did it way before Zhao, except it was in a show, not a competition. It wasn't planned though, at least not how it happened. He also choreographed and skated a program dedicated to his wife.

I was hoping someone would mention the Browning proposal, SF. I was on my way down the page to post it myself when I saw your comment. And are you referring to the Nat King Cole program he skated? Just a masterpiece. I also seem to recall that he and Sonia participated in one of the dance/skate TV specials. It's probably sitting on YouTube in pieces somewhere. Can you imagine how lucky choreographers must have felt when they got the chance to design something for Kurt?

herios

Medalist
I was hoping someone would mention the Browning proposal, SF. I was on my way down the page to post it myself when I saw your comment. And are you referring to the Nat King Cole program he skated? Just a masterpiece. I also seem to recall that he and Sonia participated in one of the dance/skate TV specials. It's probably sitting on YouTube in pieces somewhere.

of course it is. here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9hWR97MarY&NR=1

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

What prompted that was that Kurt was asked if he was married.

I had read earlier that they met at a formal function where Kurt was instantly smitten. She found him amusing wearing sneakers with his tux and, being new in Canada, had no idea who he was. She was amazed by his popularity while they were dating.

Sigh. We need a romance thread.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
What prompted that was that Kurt was asked if he was married.

I had read earlier that they met at a formal function where Kurt was instantly smitten. She found him amusing wearing sneakers with his tux and, being new in Canada, had no idea who he was. She was amazed by his popularity while they were dating.

Sigh. We need a romance thread.

I believe they were friends before they started dating (she was 18 or 19 when they met and he's about 7 years older IIRC)... and judging from interviews well into their marriage she still isn't over the whole popularity thing... Serenade to Sonia is the reason I became a fan of Kurt's. Absolutely perfect and romantic... He's the total prince charming of the modern era...

and he skated/danced with Sonia in the first two of his specials - Kurt Browning's Gotta Skate - and then in the 3rd one she was pregnant so he just introduced her to the audience, and I believe that's where he announced publically that they were expecting... I could be wrong about that though :laugh: