Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short Program

skating philosopher
    Whee, U.S. gals 3-4-5!
    And not a surprise Miki/Mao/Akiko round up the final group

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    Did the commentators really say that :O
    Yes but hastingly corrected it "from United States of America".

Custom Title
    The song is Sweet Baby (Byrd, Steve / Hamilton, Andy / Fiagbe, Lena / ). I spent an hour yesterday tracking it down. You will find it listed in this catalog: http://www.unippm.eu/librarys/index....=BEST4&alb=001 . Sometimes it plays, sometimes it doesn't. But it's the exact same song and recording. "Enjoy" lol.

Custom Title
    Not bad for USA (thus far, shouldn't get ahead of themselves):

3.) Rachael Flatt
    4.) Mirai Nagasu
    5.) Alissa Czisny

And they can all move up if they skate lights out in the FS!

Not the droid you're looking for
    Did Marai get downgraded? I would have put her ahead of Rachael.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn Rant View Post
    And I used to hang out at Rockaway Beach. Nor Cal represent!

Yep, I'm getting really sick of this song, too...
    WootWoot! lol

Mirai will definitely be hot tomorrow I bet, she loves being an underdog!

Custom Title
    Now who did we decide this is with Mirai instead of Frank C in the Kiss and Cry?

Custom Title
    I would have put Mirai in 3rd too but if she skates clean she should move ahead.

Not the droid you're looking for
    Looks like I've got half an hour to stretch and make some coffee. See you on the Men's thread!

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Now who did we decide this is with Mirai instead of Frank C in the Kiss and Cry?
    Ballet/dance instructor or something? Idk. It was on the second page.

skating philosopher
    Protocols are up already!

MIKI received all plus GOES including a few threes!
    MAO's triple axel was under-rotated and received a very harsh -2.29 GOE making just a few tenths above a double axel. She also got negative GOE on her 3F-2L combo. But two level four spins and a level 3 layback gave her the slight edge.
    RACHAEL had no negative GOE and despite the flailing arms, judges really liked her step sequence --two judges gave her a +3!
    MIRAI had a UR on her Lutz and a edge call on her flip, leading to negative GOE on those two jupming passes. But She received level fours on all her spins + positive GOE.
    ALISSA -- Received an edge call on her flip and of course a fall on her 3Z, though it was fully rotated. Otherwise all level 4s on her spins an a whole lot of +3s for those spins!!
    AKIKO -- got an edge call and a UR on her flip so lots of Negative GOE. But she was solid in her other elements.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Lord, I love Mirai. She really performed that program. Got some of her old exuberance back. Too bad about the shaky edge and two footed lutz. sigh.

does anyone know when the men start? What time ?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Enidan View Post
    does anyone know when the men start? What time ?
    Should be starting in 30 min.

Custom Title
    I agree with the placements, lol, even though I have yet to see Mao!

Witches of Eastwick is not a phenomenal program for Mirai imho. She can skate to anything, but whomever is choosing her music is not doing it right, choose something that will blow everybody else away. Dang it, she HAS the goods, but what she needs is the right piece of music, and this year's programs just don't cut it imho.

I would LOVE to see Mirai skate to the "White Swan" for the SP, and then turn it on for the FS and skate to the "Black Swan". Show off her versatility! S-H-E can skate to anything!!!!

But here, she was just okay, which is saying alot because no matter what she has the look. Still, if you don't bring it you don't get the marks, as it should be. She's got to skate clean with no bobbles and little glitches here & there. Therefore, I'm not surprised that Rach came ahead of her, as it should be.

People underestimate Rachael imho, she's got joie de vivre to the stars!!!!! And she skates with lots of passion, conviction, soul. Also, her jumps are getting better & better, must be from training alongside Agnes Zawadzki whom pushes her & vice versa, now Rachael's 3lutz is BIG, as well as her 3F!

She just keeps getting better & better & better, working at it, just like Miki has, proving it's never too late to improve and become the best that you can be.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast