Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short Program

My biggest gripe with miki is her lack of artistry... She tries to be artistic, as opposed to being artistic... No matter how clean she skates, i wouldnt give her above 130.

I totally agree with you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Why are the judges so in love with Ando? She has nothing but jumps going for her. In between her jumps she does nothing no interesting choreography nothing. I guess reputation still means a lot in this sport.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    My biggest gripe with miki is her lack of artistry... She tries to be artistic, as opposed to being artistic... No matter how clean she skates, i wouldnt give her above 130.
    Her spins also suck. LOL at the positive GOE for Miki Andos spins. As for her jumps they are good but Yu Na Kim for example has much better jumps. So if Miki gets +3 GOE, I guess they will need to invent a +5 in GOE for Kim come Worlds to be fair.

You mean 130 for the LP or 130 overall?

Custom Title
    I still haven't see today's skates, but I'm with those saying that she deserves what she gets this season. Maybe she isn't too artistic, but she can be artistic and she has an amazing consistency, beautiful jumps and she has improved so much in spins and overall (eg posture, arms,..), so I don't get why people is always protesting against her (and Rachael)'s results...

Agree with you guys! I can't believe she's considered the best right now! I miss Kim so much....Ando's a boring champion in my opinion:(
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Her spins also suck. LOL at the positive GOE for Miki Andos spins. As for her jumps they are good but Yu Na Kim for example has much better jumps. So if Miki gets +3 GOE, I guess they will need to invent a +5 in GOE for Kim come Worlds to be fair.

Rachael Flatt actually got higher scores in tech than Mao but her PC scores were among the lowest of the top 6.

Miki is one of those "competitive" skaters that skates clean. Her coach/choreographer knows too well the Point System of the CoP. It's a Sport as well as a Pagaent.

I'd love to see these two on Unisport.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Rachael Flatt actually got higher scores in tech than Mao but her PC scores were among the lowest of the top 6.

Miki is one of those "competitive" skaters that skates clean. Her coach/choreographer knows too well the Point System of the CoP. It's a Sport as well as a Pagaent.

I'd love to see these two on Unisport.
    Hey Joe, the women's program is on-demand here: http://www.justin.tv/iammatrix_ii/b/279929135

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    You mean 130 for the LP or 130 overall?
    130 for LP of course. And yes, i am being generous

Custom Title
    Like Scott Hamilton said at the 1994 Olympic Games ~ "the judges are conservative, it takes a lot to turn them around."

Yet, I feel they are beginning to like Rach, easy to see, look how great her scores are here! Just takes time is all. She's the Haley Mills of figure skating imho.

130 for LP of course. And yes, i am being generous
    Well perhaps you see it as being generous, but her personal best is 127 from 2007 Worlds. I think she had a whole lot more technical content back then (including a 3Z-3L) but she's improved in other areas, so I don't think 130 is impossible.

Custom Title
    FYI:

Rachael was only 2 pts. behind Miki with the second highest tech. score of the night!

Also, Rachael came in fifth in PCS scores, really tied with Alissa in 4th with 28.94, whereas Rachael's was 28.80.

Custom Title

Miki Ando

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    What's up with Mirai getting edge calls on her flip this year? Seems to be a new mistake that has creeped in there. :sheesh:

Anyway, glad the U.S. ladies are 345. Good luck to them tomorrow. And good night all! Thanks for watching with me!
    No, I noticed the edge problem. Miki has HUGE jumps, and today, terrific choreography, BUT she didn't seem at all comfortable with the choreography-none of it flows, and yes, I wish she would learn to extend her leg and point her toe. By the way though, Yuna also fails to point her toe-bugs me to death.

Custom Title
    I thought Rachel did very well today-much better posture, much smoother.

Banned
    Rachaels new SP is much nicer. Too bad she still has that godawful LP. And I dont think hardly anyone talks about Rachael being overscored generally. Nationals this year was about the only time some people thought she was gifted. Usually she isnt scored with much genororisity.

Miki Ando is a whole other story altogether. However this year is a whole new level of score inflation. She is the Patrick Chan of womens skating minus all the brilliance of Chan who falls aside is clearly the best skater in the World today otherwise, which Ando amongst her gender certainly is not.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast