Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 446

Thread: Ladies Short Program

  1. #361
    Long live the Queen! YunaBliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by katymay View Post
    No, I noticed the edge problem. Miki has HUGE jumps, and today, terrific choreography, BUT she didn't seem at all comfortable with the choreography-none of it flows, and yes, I wish she would learn to extend her leg and point her toe. By the way though, Yuna also fails to point her toe-bugs me to death.
    When i meant miki lacked artistry, i didnt mean she didnt toe-point... Toe-pointing has absolutely no relevance to whether one is able to artistically express herself. One could toe-point to umpteenth degree and yet demonstrate zero artistry.

  2. #362
    Custom Title MikiAndoFan#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    She is the Patrick Chan of womens skating
    This is laughable!

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    This is laughable!
    I meant in terms of score inflation and being the judges pet, not in terms of skating ability (where Chan is light years ahead).

  4. #364
    Custom Title MikiAndoFan#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I meant in terms of score inflation and being the judges pet, not in terms of skating ability (where Chan is light years ahead).
    I know what you meant. pangtongfan, we already know you don't like Miki, so stop acting like a troll everytime she skates.

  5. #365
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    7,988
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    I know what you meant. pangtongfan, we already know you don't like Miki, so stop acting like a troll everytime she skates.
    I second that. PTF made your point. You think Miki doesn't deserve top skater status. We get it. We just don't agree with you.

  6. #366
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    I know what you meant. pangtongfan, we already know you don't like Miki, so stop acting like a troll everytime she skates.
    Little surprise a Miki Ando fanatic would tell others to be quiet about her overscoring (note I am just one of many in this thread pointing out Andos disgusting overscoring). As fans of the sport those of us who care about the sports well being will not be quiet about disgraceful and unjust scoring which is unfair to the skaters and has already nearly destroyed the sport. Scores like Miki Andos ridiculous completely unjustified scores all season are the exact reason you are all watching this event through cheap internet feeds since nobody can be bothered to televise the farce figure skating judging has become anymore.

  7. #367
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    7,988
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Little surprise a Miki Ando fanatic would tell others to be quiet about her overscoring (note I am just one of many in this thread pointing out Andos disgusting overscoring). As fans of the sport those of us who care about the sports well being will not be quiet about disgraceful and unjust scoring which is unfair to the skaters and has already nearly destroyed the sport. Scores like Miki Andos ridiculous completely unjustified scores all season are the exact reason you are all watching this event through cheap internet feeds since nobody can be bothered to televise the farce figure skating judging has become anymore.
    Um, I would appreciate if you didn't speak for all us fans. Yes others feel the way you do, but not every figure skating fan does. Many people have pointed over and over again why we believe Miki gets the scores she gets, yet you keep banging the "unfair and corrupt judging" drum.

    And I think it's a bit much to blame Miki Ando for the downfall of skating. We're watching internet feeds from Asia because figure skating is MORE popular over there.

    Anyway, I've leave it that. You can go ahead and continue on your Miki-hating. I'm not going to debate anymore.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 02-19-2011 at 07:44 AM.

  8. #368
    Custom Title MikiAndoFan#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Little surprise a Miki Ando fanatic would tell others to be quiet about her overscoring (note I am just one of many in this thread pointing out Andos disgusting overscoring). As fans of the sport those of us who care about the sports well being will not be quiet about disgraceful and unjust scoring which is unfair to the skaters and has already nearly destroyed the sport. Scores like Miki Andos ridiculous completely unjustified scores all season are the exact reason you are all watching this event through cheap internet feeds since nobody can be bothered to televise the farce figure skating judging has become anymore.
    I couldn't care less if people like Miki or not, but enough is enough. You don't see me here acting like a jerk just because I don't like this or that skater. And if you think Miki's overscored, blame the judges, not her.

  9. #369
    /(^.^)/\(^.^)\
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lublin, Poland
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Little surprise a Miki Ando fanatic (...)
    MikiAndoFan#1 is anything but a "fanatic". I've never seen him being disrespectful towards other skaters, and he regularly posts on the forum dedicated to other skaters.

    Miki went through many struggles during her career, but one would have to be blind (or not watch her programs at all ) not to notice that she improved a lot this season. She has programs that suit her well, she improved her step sequences (they go better with the music), the use of arms/hands and her spins. I'm particularly impressed with the twisted sit spin position (which Miki seems to have invented, I don't remember seeing it before) and beautiful classical position on the sit spin in the CCoSp. And while her recurring back/shoulder injury prevents her from having a deep back bend in the layback spin or doing the Biellman, she makes up for it with nice arm positions and acceleration during the spin.

    I love her entrance into 3L - bang out of nowhere, a'la Oda. Her knee bend on the landings improved as well and she holds the landing edge longer than in the past.

  10. #370
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    I couldn't care less if people like Miki or not, but enough is enough. You don't see me here acting like a jerk just because I don't like this or that skater. And if you think Miki's overscored, blame the judges, not her.
    Sure, skaters should not be blamed by the scores they got. We should blame the judges who gave +0.2 GOE on two footed and underrotated combos of Asada.

  11. #371
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    beijing
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Miki Ando is a whole other story altogether. However this year is a whole new level of score inflation. She is the Patrick Chan of womens skating ...
    And all along I thought Carolina Kostner was the Patrick Chan of womens skating.

  12. #372
    Medalist Lily.Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    http://ayamesakura61.deviantart.com/
    Posts
    75
    Yeah how can Asada get credit for such horrible jumps? I don't get it...
    I really loved Rachael and Mirai
    Quote Originally Posted by mcc View Post
    Sure, skaters should not be blamed by the scores they got. We should blame the judges who gave +0.2 GOE on two footed and underrotated combos of Asada.

  13. #373
    Mashimaro on Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,419
    As always, I'm not surprised by the baseless arguments some posters make for unfair scoring for skaters they don't like.

  14. #374
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily.Grace View Post
    Yeah how can Asada get credit for such horrible jumps? I don't get it...
    I really loved Rachael and Mirai
    Well Asada has been underscored last season so much because of unfair downgrades on her 3A( like 2010 worlds) that I would not mind if the judges would have given her +3 on her jumps today. I'm exagerating of course, but her combo today was fully rotated, and only in the replay it seemed slighty 2footed. In real time, I thought her combo was just fine

  15. #375
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,015
    I thought Miki was really good last night. She's never going to be most artistic skater, but she did a good job with the music - felt it more than usual.

    What I was really impressed with was how good her skating skills looked. Her flow, speed and ice coverage were top notch and along with Nagasu, the best of the night. Sometimes she can look labored, but that was not at all the case last night.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •