6 MOORE-TOWERS, Kirsten / MOSCOVITCH, Dylan CAN 170.55
7 YANKOWSKAS, Caitlin / COUGHLIN, John USA 162.86
8 DUHAMEL, Meagan / RADFORD, Eric CAN 162.58
9 EVORA, Amanda / LADWING, Mark USA 157.27
10 TAKAHASHI, Narumi / TRAN, Mervin JPN 156.23
11 BERTON, Stefania / HOTAREK, Ondrej ITA 156.20
12 HAUSCH, Maylin / WENDE, Daniel GER 147.59

*Only 1 international competition

Using averages doesn't really tell any story in regards to scoring. The score K/S got at the COR was after only having been on the ice for 12 weeks after being injured and off all summer and one 8 point lift wasn't counted. S/S didn't do so well at Europeans and P/T only did enough during the GP to take the gold, she had some sort of stomach or intestinal problem. V/T only has one to 'average'. So I'm not really sure what these numbers are supposed to represent. And actually K/S would be 193.16 (COR 182.70 and EC 203.61) and for P/T, I got 189.06.

That is why the ISU prefers to use a season's best so earlier competitions don't have a bearing on how well a team have become later in the season which is what really counts heading into worlds.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
.... You know, China will likely lose that third spot. Wierd to think about.

But it seems like the USA and Canada will be at each other's throats for that third spot. Too bad we can't have it like World Juniors (both nations got the third spot for next year).

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I dont think the Canadian pairs will have much problem with the U.S pairs if they skate to their potential. I think atleast the 6th and 7th spots and thus 3 spots for 2012 is Canada's to lose.

If Pang & Tong retire 2 spots is plenty enough for China. That will mean the Zhangs and Sui & Han going to Worlds unless the Zhangs retire too.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I dont think the Canadian pairs will have much problem with the U.S pairs if they skate to their potential. I think atleast the 6th and 7th spots and thus 3 spots for 2012 is Canada's to lose.

If Pang & Tong retire 2 spots is plenty enough for China. That will mean the Zhangs and Sui & Han going to Worlds unless the Zhangs retire too.

You just stated the magic, panic-causing incantation!

russell30

Final Flight
Pang/Tong will remain eligible for Sochi2014, but they may take a year out before Sochi. I think they want to do a Shen/Zhao and Chinese Federation want them to stay.

We may have seen the last of the Zhang's, they don't seem as motivated:disapp:

The younger chinese pair are the future!!

yqs100

On the Ice
1. S/S ( good programs, good execution throughout the whole season)
2. P/T ( getting better,, especially after the asian games, 4cc was a small surprise. Tong may propose...:) )
3. K/S (Unless they are not the fed's fav, they may drop to 4th)
4. V/T (LP is still a bit boring, and TR needs to be improved,,, sure they will the gold fav. next year,, but sorry,, not for this year)