Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pairs prospects

I think Duhamel and Radford will be ahead of both US teams. I'm a little worried about Moore-Towers and Moscovitch since they seemed so tired at 4CCs. I don't want them to fall out of the top 10.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I'm not as worried about the chances of the US pairs. Both had to be exhausted by US Nationals, which was an epic pairs competition. 4CC's followed that so closely. And then all the angst over Mark's boot in the SP. I expect both teams to skate much better at Worlds! Now it's possible that one or more of the Canadian teams will skate better than the US teams even so...

Custom Title
    Montalbano/Krasnapolski will be going! I'm so happy that Danielle is recovering well!! She has a photo on her Facebook page of her X-ray taken after that freak accident in Bern...YUCK! Her shoulder was severely dislocated...It happened the morning of the SP too....I really am surprised how fast she is coming back. Apparently she was on the ice about a week and a half after getting home from Euros! I really am a fan of theirs- I was before, but now even more so because Danielle's drive and determination really inspires me! I'm gonna think of her next time I complain that I'm sore or have a little pain! LOL
    http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/pho...810025&theater

I really hope they make a nice comeback and that she can stay healthy now!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramahkween View Post
    Montalbano/Krasnapolski will be going! I'm so happy that Danielle is recovering well!! She has a photo on her Facebook page of her X-ray taken after that freak accident in Bern...YUCK! Her shoulder was severely dislocated...It happened the morning of the SP too....I really am surprised how fast she is coming back. Apparently she was on the ice about a week and a half after getting home from Euros! I really am a fan of theirs- I was before, but now even more so because Danielle's drive and determination really inspires me! I'm gonna think of her next time I complain that I'm sore or have a little pain! LOL
    http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/pho...810025&theater

I really hope they make a nice comeback and that she can stay healthy now!
    I'm glad she is doing well and can compete. I can't see the picture, you must have to be her friend. Not sure I wanted to see it anyway. Dislocations are gross enough when they happen to Kawaguchi I hate to think somene else has to go through that.

Custom Title
    Total Average Score from this season's top 12 teams going to worlds:

1 SAVCHENKO, Aliona / SZOLKOWY, Robin GER 203.13
    2 VOLOSOZHAR, Tatiana / TRANKOV, Maxim RUS 199.84*
    3 PANG, Qing / TONG, Jian CHN 190.43
    4 KAVAGUTI, Yuko / SMIRNOV, Alexander RUS 188.16
    5 BAZAROVA, Vera / LARIONOV, Yuri RUS 177.43
    6 MOORE-TOWERS, Kirsten / MOSCOVITCH, Dylan CAN 170.55
    7 YANKOWSKAS, Caitlin / COUGHLIN, John USA 162.86
    8 DUHAMEL, Meagan / RADFORD, Eric CAN 162.58
    9 EVORA, Amanda / LADWING, Mark USA 157.27
    10 TAKAHASHI, Narumi / TRAN, Mervin JPN 156.23
    11 BERTON, Stefania / HOTAREK, Ondrej ITA 156.20
    12 HAUSCH, Maylin / WENDE, Daniel GER 147.59

*Only 1 international competition.

With those numbers I say S/S are huge favorites but any combination is possible for the top 4 teams and it sucks cause they are all really high quality and I already feel bad for the pairs that ends up 4th..

After that is Bazarova/Lariono alone for the 5th spot.

Down the rankings, the canadians have the edge over the american teams.. but the japanese and italians can crush their hopes for the 3rd spot.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    Total Average Score from this season's top 12 teams going to worlds:

1 SAVCHENKO, Aliona / SZOLKOWY, Robin GER 203.13
    2 VOLOSOZHAR, Tatiana / TRANKOV, Maxim RUS 199.84*
    3 PANG, Qing / TONG, Jian CHN 190.43
    4 KAVAGUTI, Yuko / SMIRNOV, Alexander RUS 188.16
    5 BAZAROVA, Vera / LARIONOV, Yuri RUS 177.43
    6 MOORE-TOWERS, Kirsten / MOSCOVITCH, Dylan CAN 170.55
    7 YANKOWSKAS, Caitlin / COUGHLIN, John USA 162.86
    8 DUHAMEL, Meagan / RADFORD, Eric CAN 162.58
    9 EVORA, Amanda / LADWING, Mark USA 157.27
    10 TAKAHASHI, Narumi / TRAN, Mervin JPN 156.23
    11 BERTON, Stefania / HOTAREK, Ondrej ITA 156.20
    12 HAUSCH, Maylin / WENDE, Daniel GER 147.59

*Only 1 international competition
    Using averages doesn't really tell any story in regards to scoring. The score K/S got at the COR was after only having been on the ice for 12 weeks after being injured and off all summer and one 8 point lift wasn't counted. S/S didn't do so well at Europeans and P/T only did enough during the GP to take the gold, she had some sort of stomach or intestinal problem. V/T only has one to 'average'. So I'm not really sure what these numbers are supposed to represent. And actually K/S would be 193.16 (COR 182.70 and EC 203.61) and for P/T, I got 189.06.

That is why the ISU prefers to use a season's best so earlier competitions don't have a bearing on how well a team have become later in the season which is what really counts heading into worlds.

Custom Title
    .... You know, China will likely lose that third spot. Wierd to think about.

But it seems like the USA and Canada will be at each other's throats for that third spot. Too bad we can't have it like World Juniors (both nations got the third spot for next year).

Banned
    I dont think the Canadian pairs will have much problem with the U.S pairs if they skate to their potential. I think atleast the 6th and 7th spots and thus 3 spots for 2012 is Canada's to lose.

If Pang & Tong retire 2 spots is plenty enough for China. That will mean the Zhangs and Sui & Han going to Worlds unless the Zhangs retire too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I dont think the Canadian pairs will have much problem with the U.S pairs if they skate to their potential. I think atleast the 6th and 7th spots and thus 3 spots for 2012 is Canada's to lose.

If Pang & Tong retire 2 spots is plenty enough for China. That will mean the Zhangs and Sui & Han going to Worlds unless the Zhangs retire too.
    You just stated the magic, panic-causing incantation!

Custom Title
    Pang/Tong will remain eligible for Sochi2014, but they may take a year out before Sochi. I think they want to do a Shen/Zhao and Chinese Federation want them to stay.

We may have seen the last of the Zhang's, they don't seem as motivated

The younger chinese pair are the future!!

Custom Title
    1. S/S ( good programs, good execution throughout the whole season)
    2. P/T ( getting better,, especially after the asian games, 4cc was a small surprise. Tong may propose... )
    3. K/S (Unless they are not the fed's fav, they may drop to 4th)
    4. V/T (LP is still a bit boring, and TR needs to be improved,,, sure they will the gold fav. next year,, but sorry,, not for this year)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2