Nicole Bobek - Working on Jumps/Show in April | Golden Skate

Nicole Bobek - Working on Jumps/Show in April

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Good for her! I wish her the best luck, and please, please stay away from drug; stay away from trouble! :bow:
Life doesn't give you too many second chance like this.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She looks great, and I hope she'll continue in this positive direction.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Nicole looks wonderful and in shape. I am glad she is skating again. Good for her.

Thanks for the link Toni.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
She still has great height on her jumps, very happy to see she is doing well. She looks great!

antmanb

Record Breaker
Here's hoping she can sort her life out and make amends for her past.

Those jumps were just gorgeous. It is really helpful to see skaters regaining their jumps as a learning tool. I found it fascinating watching the previous videos - like the one where she says she only started doing the double sal the day before - she drops her head on the landing and and the edge is tight and comes round. In the latest video she doesn't drop her head and holds the edge beautifully riding it out. The loop in the latest video is like the sal in the previous one so you can see her progress.

I also love the axel that seems to rotate at half speed with the free knee kept up throughout! I can imagine it will only require a bit more practice before she is rotating, if not, landing the double again.

Ant

Nadine

Record Breaker
Just now watched the video! :thumbsup:

And here are my thoughts:

1.) Heartwarming to see how happy Nicole looks, and it shows! :)
2.) Her 2R, 2S, 2T/2T, and single axel were easy as pie, landed with such ease...
3.) I wish there were some pro. competitions still around in the USA, especially hearbreaking was the loss of Ice Wars, which was one of the longest running since 1994, and of course Dick Button's prestigious Professional World Championships. I miss seeing Nicole at those.
4.) Whenever I see Nicole I am reminded of what could have been, with her big jumps, natural athletic ability, innate charisma, good looks, et al, she's honestly the only one I could have seen rival Sonja Henie's popularity. No one before or since has had that capability/potential imho. But God works in mysterious ways, it isn't time yet...

:party2:GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NICOLE BOBEK!!!!:love: