Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Men's Long Program

Custom Title
    Japanese men go 1-2-3 in the Free Skate, 2 medals but not the two we were expecting. This Hanyu kid is something, while we were all focused on Dai, Kozuka, and Oda, this kid sneaks in and gets in a bunch of quick punches!

Is he going to Worlds? I agree with somebody above who said this kid is dangerous!

Custom Title
    14 more hours till the Ladies' free, see you all then!

Medalist
    Sensitive and mature performance from Adam Rippon, I preferred it to Takahashi who was a bit frantic imo.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Japanese men go 1-2-3 in the Free Skate, 2 medals but not the two we were expecting. This Hanyu kid is something, while we were all focused on Dai, Kozuka, and Oda, this kid sneaks in and gets in a bunch of quick punches!

Is he going to Worlds? I agree with somebody above who said this kid is dangerous!
    Nope, because he finished fourth at Japanese Nationals. Oda (the silver medalist) will be there.

Medalist

Nope. Oda is going to Worlds

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I could only manage to crawl back out of bed for the last group...But Dai's tango and Adam's Rach back to back ( even with mistakes ).. doesn't get much sweeter than that , for me.

Custom Title
    OK, so this is end of season for Yuzuru Hanyu, but what an ending. Can't wait to see what he's got in store for us next season.

I hope this is going to be on demand on justintv so I can go back and watch some of the other programs (like Shawn and Kevin, even though it seems they didn't skate that well)

Custom Title
    Shoutouts to male commentator David Liu, here's his 1992 olympic skate.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c3ceRk1P0Y

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I hope this is going to be on demand on justintv so I can go back and watch some of the other programs (like Shawn and Kevin, even though it seems they didn't skate that well)
    justintv automatically archives. unlike ustream.

Shawn skated very well IMO....
    Last edited by bibi24; 02-19-2011 at 09:33 AM.

skating philosopher
    Protocals

Man they are fast

Daisuke got a downgrade (as expected) on his 4T + negative GOE. He also had a UR on his 3T at the end of his 3Z combo. Otherwise solid.

Takahiko actually had the highest TES of the night at 83.19. Other than the 4T fall and negative GOE on the 3LO, he had solid +GOE elsewhere.

Yuzuru was the only one to land a quad and man the judges loved it, +2! He did get an edge call on his fligp and some negative GOE on his 3Z late in the program. Also he only had a level two combo spin. They also loved his 3A-3T which was late in the program +1.86!

Jeremy got a UR on his quad attempt along with the negative GOE. He also got negative GOE for his 3A-2T combo and his 3Z-2T-2T combo (where he two-footed the last jump) He also lost major points on levels (no level four spins or steps).

Adam had a DG on his second 3A and URs in his 3F-3T combo and 3LO jump. But he did get level four spins and other than negative GOE on the jumping passes I mentioned earlier, he scored solid GOE.

Shawn suffered UR in his 3LO, in his 3F-3L sequence and in his 2A with negative GOE to refelct that. Obviously his PCS helped-- though he finished 10th overall, he was 6th in PCS beat only by the top five finishers. But he was a dismal 14th in TES.

The three Chinese men were quite impressive. In TES, Abbott and Rippon were behind all three of them.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 02-19-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Custom Title
    Mark Webster's dad your son's performance is at the 1:33:00 mark of this video in case you missed the live stream. Great job by your son must be very proud daddy!

http://www.justin.tv/iammatrix_ii/b/279934494

2nd half of men's playback:
    http://www.justin.tv/iammatrix_ii/b/279939238
    Last edited by bibi24; 02-19-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    I'm still bothered by the fact that Abbott isn't going to Worlds over a .19 difference when he proves time and time again that he will put up higher (much higher) scores than Miner internationally, but oh well. Who needs a medal threat at Worlds?

Custom Title

Banned
    while we were all focused on Dai, Kozuka, and Oda
    Except Plush. He said in his interview months ago that Hanyu is going to be one of his main, if not the main, rival in Sochi.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast