Men's Long Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Men's Long Program

shusterbutski

Rinkside
Not a strong showing for the Canadian men overall, all three failing to crack 200 points. Even if Patrick wins worlds I'm not sure if Canada can maintain three spots. Honestly though unless the men step it up they don't really deserve that third spot. Here's hoping for worlds but I am not left with much confidence.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Question for those familiar with the Canadian skating/coaching scene: would Kevin Reynolds benefit from a coaching change at this point?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kevin REYNOLDS (CAN)

Music: Johann Strauss Medley

4S - fall
4T - fall
3A
CUSp
1Lo
1A
3Lz+3T
FSSp
SlSt
3S+2T
3F+2T+2Lo
ChSt
CCoSp

Score: 126.08, total 191.55 and into 6th for now

Nadine

Record Breaker
Poor given, it was already ruined for me b/c I read the post where somebody said he fell twice already (my feed is obviously delayed). :cry:

At least he managed to land one 3axel, but fell on both of his quads and popped several jumps, but his musical performance & interpretation are first rate! :thumbsup:

I think being a senior on the international scene he doesn't know how to handle, yet, the pressure of being amongst the top, as proven by his starting out the season so strong, but then petering out at the end.

DON'T GIVE UP, KEV, THIS WILL ONLY MAKE YOU STRONGER!!!!!!!! :love:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Not a strong showing for the Canadian men overall, all three failing to crack 200 points. Even if Patrick wins worlds I'm not sure if Canada can maintain three spots. Honestly though unless the men step it up they don't really deserve that third spot. Here's hoping for worlds but I am not left with much confidence.

It's a bit of a shocker to find all three Chinese outscoring the Canadians tonight. As for Worlds, at least you guys have Chan! We've got Ryan Bradley and a couple of newbies! :)

And this is my 600th post. Yay, me!

gardenernaga

Rinkside
Do you think Canadian's this time not very good performances have something with the tropical climate in Taiwan?
I am afraid they do not feel well after flying all the way from a very cold country to hot country.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Did the female commentator call Kevin "baby face"? Or am I hearing things?

They find Kevind very young looking, being thin and having a baby face. The other commentators too kept callin him cute, like a skating doll.

He does have the kind of little boy's face depicted in drawings.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's a bit of a shocker to find all three Chinese outscoring the Canadians tonight. As for Worlds, at least you guys have Chan! We've got Ryan Bradley and a couple of newbies! :)

And this is my 600th post. Yay, me!

And you can't blame score inflation because we're in Taiwan! Hardly home turf!
Anyway, I think better this happens at Worlds than here. I think Shawn was bit tenative, but hopefully a clean program (at least relatively so) will fire him up for Worlds.

shusterbutski

Rinkside
Even though we have Patrick there is so much more depth overall for the American men. Of course is amazing having Patrick especially since he's going to have to carry the mens team for a while, I think he is more then capable.