Men's Long Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Men's Long Program

gold12345

Medalist
I'm still bothered by the fact that Abbott isn't going to Worlds over a .19 difference when he proves time and time again that he will put up higher (much higher) scores than Miner internationally, but oh well. Who needs a medal threat at Worlds? :rolleye: :disapp:

sigrid

On the Ice
I'm so sad that we're not going to see some of these guys at Worlds. Because they'd make it even more interesting.

I'm glad for Dai's gold medal, his LP is not as great as the last year's one IMO but he knows how to sell a program. I wonder if we'll see him a clean quad at Worlds.
Hanyu surprised me, he's a solid jumper and enjoys the music. Even though I think his PCS are a bit high, he deserved the silver.
Jeremy should solve his problems with the spin levels, seems a little thing, but it costs him a lot of points. I wish I could see him in Tokyo, I find his LP kinda magical. Anyway I'm pretty sure he'll go to World Team Trophy in April.
Kozuka was good today, I thought after yesterday's SP that maybe he wasn't in top condition here, but he delivered it in the LP. Good for him
oh Adam, his skating is so beautiful, but he's still struggling with the 3A. He was really clever changing the planned 2A by a 3flip after doubling the 1st 3A, but the downgrades killed him. He should be happy for getting level 4 in ALL his spins during this competition. I'm sad that we're not going to see him at Worlds, but maybe is better for him to have a little extra time for fixing his jumps. Seems he peaked too early this season...

Layfan

Record Breaker
Why doesn't Jeremy get the levels on his footwork? Anyone know?

I can understand the soins but I'm not sure the footwork.

Anyway, I take it he got the bronze.

Can't wait to see his program one last time and I really can't wait to see Daisuke and Hanyu.

It took a 2011 4CC for most fans to notice Yuzuru. When I saw him about 3 years ago, I immediately saw he has body language. His arms go with the music while Dai's arms are a distraction to the music. Kozuka is a male version of Ando, very calculating but not much in interpretation. Nobi is the best of the three, imo. However:

Yuzuru will lead Japan into Sochi.

FTnoona

Final Flight
It took a 2011 4CC for most fans to notice Yuzuru. When I saw him about 3 years ago, I immediately saw he has body language. His arms go with the music while Dai's arms are a distraction to the music. Kozuka is a male version of Ando, very calculating but not much in interpretation. Nobi is the best of the three, imo. However:

Yuzuru will lead Japan into Sochi.

I loved his firebird program in 2007. He was and still is so adorable >.<

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I just finished watching some of the performances. Some comments:

- I really liked Mishe Ge.. someone to watch for in the future
- What was up with Abzal Rakimgaliev's costume? I know it was a circus program, but he looked like someone showered him with birthday decorations
- Jeremy was good, Dai was good, as per usual, except for the quads
- Shawn actually skated pretty well, the problem was he underrotated some jumps I guess; he seemed tired and I noticed he had a slight stumble when he wasn't jumping later on in the program; I think he skipped the double toe and double loop on the end of the second double axel because the landing of it was a little wonky
- Kevin Reynolds totally tanked, wow
- Joey Russell skated pretty well when you consider his lack of international experience; I think he could have a good future in skating if he could get some more experience
- I actually didn't watch Hanyu since I find him incredibly boring, but that's just my opinion

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
oh Adam,....... Seems he peaked too early this season...

Yes, he did, before the GP season started, in Japan. Went downhill from there, though he got the fight knocked into him in Skate Canada by the clash with Patrick.

Kevin Reynolds, too, began the season with a bang at SC and never regained his form.

Daisuke struggled all season, but is peaking near the end, as per his usual. He's a great competitor besides being a great skater.

Sigh. Dai skating like this makes me forget I'm watching a competition...I just get completely entranced by what he's doing.

I just found his YouTube video, and I agree with you 100%! It's as if he's performing, not competing--and as if tango giants Astor Piazzola and Carlos Gardel are sitting at a table rinkside watching him. His spins are spectacular, his jumps are so tight and fast, and his footwork is to die for, and it's all in service of the music. This guy gets every last iota of fizz out of that tango.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Has anyone found a link to Jeremy? I just watched Daisuke and Hanyu. Really fun. I'm just in love with Daisuke's skating. It's not perfect but he makes you think it is. Just such a charismatic and intense performer. I don't find him too frantic at all. His footwork so sooooo fast - but so controlled.

I loved discovering Hanyy this comp. Good for him for landing the quad.

prettykeys

Medalist
[Yuzuru's] arms go with the music
His LP choreography features a lot of little things that highlight the notes of the violin--not just his arms, but little jumps, head movements, etc. I found it very enjoyable as well. :)

Yuzuru has been talked about for a while. I'm not quite a follower yet, but I'm peeking in once in a while. He's a very promising skater.

treeloving

Medalist
I just found his YouTube video, and I agree with you 100%! It's as if he's performing, not competing--and as if tango giants Astor Piazzola and Carlos Gardel are sitting at a table rinkside watching him. His spins are spectacular, his jumps are so tight and fast, and his footwork is to die for, and it's all in service of the music. This guy gets every last iota of fizz out of that tango.

I just came back form watching him live. He is even better than in youtube. I don't really crazy about his program when watch on youtube,but watching him live I cry when he skated. I don't know how to explain, he was just too extraordinary.

From my experience tonight, I really feel that every skate fan should watch him live one.

His LP choreography features a lot of little things that highlight the notes of the violin--not just his arms, but little jumps, head movements, etc. I found it very enjoyable as well. :)

Totally agree!

Last edited:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Except Plush. He said in his interview months ago that Hanyu is going to be one of his main, if not the main, rival in Sochi.

Main rival for what, 9th place (which is what 31 year old broken bodied Plushenko will be battling for if by some miracle he gets reinstated for Sochi).