Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Long Program

Tripping on the Podium
    singled a lutz doubled a sal but over all not bad. She ended with a smile so thats good.

I got jammed by justing tv over limit also, now I am trying the pptv

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Watching the earlier ladies (which I don't usually do) puts Phaneuf into perspective for me. I don't care for her type and it affects my view of her skating, but no question she put in a mostly very solid and polished performance, with a lot more power than any of the ladies we've seen. I wish she'd pluck her eyebrows though, she'd look less mannish. Sorry to be trivial.

Go, Mirai! I'd love for the podium to be Miki, Mao and Mirai, any order is OK by me as long as it reflects the actual skating. But if Rachael brings it, let her be up there!

Custom Title
    Put Cynthia down for a pop and a doubled jump also, but she is getting back into it and the quality of her skating is clearly superior to all the previous competitors. Finishing strongly.

Custom Title
    STANDIN O FROM ME!!!!

FAB program from Cynthia Phaneuf from Canada! Gorgeous white dress skated to "Somewhere in Time" music as well...

***only gripe her dirty white skates looked out of place in contrast to that gorgeous dress***

3T (HUGE, perfect!)
    3L (huge, but popped)
    3R/2T (good)
    nice spins!
    2S
    3R (held & then immediately after her expression to the music was divine!)
    3L!!!! (GORGEOUS)
    2A/2S (good)
    fw & spins gorgeous

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Cynthia PHANEUF (CAN)

Music: Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini by Sergei Rachmaninov

3T
    1Lz - oh no
    3Lo+2T
    CLSp
    2S
    ChSp
    3Lo
    3Lz
    2A+2T
    FSSp
    SeSt
    CCoSp

Good recovery, but still too many pops... The Canadians lady look tired

Score: 107.49, SB, total 163.14, SB and into 1st

She's ahead by quite a bit, maybe a medal is in the cards if some people in the top group don't skate that well, not to jinx anybody though

Custom Title
    I spoke too soon and jinxed Emelie!

Not too early to say Well done, Cynthia!

The female commentator really likes Cynthia, praising her figure as soonas she stepped on the ice. Loved her unique moves, expressions, etc.

#1 for now!

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Put Cynthia down for a pop and a doubled jump also, but she is getting back into it and the quality of her skating is clearly superior to all the previous competitors. Finishing strongly.
    Yes, she fought for it at the end. Hence the "Whew!" reaction. Actually Cynthia has gone leaps and bounds this year compared to her very poor performance at the Olympics and the last couple years. That fifth place at worlds seem to have boosted her confidence and fighting spirit.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Yes she did and props to her!

Isn't it fun to be watching late at night instead of early in the morning?

Are the exhibitions going to be on Justin or PPL?

Custom Title
    i wanna watch the live stream on justintv but it doesn't work! what do i do???

Custom Title
    p.s. if skated clean I would honestly put Cynthia up there with the very best in the world, including Miki Ando, Yuna Kim, Mao, et al. She could win Worlds imho, and that's the honest to God truth.

Tripping on the Podium
    Wow so much hate for Cynthia. I love the way she looks I think she is insanely gorgeous. I also love the way she skates, he FW sequences are so strong and I find her to be incredibly expressive. My only real issue with Cynthia is her consistency with her jumps. Her and Alissa are my favourite ladies this season.

Tripping on the Podium
    Okay now nice to see people stand up for her.

Custom Title
    Cynthia has a interesting look. There is some beauty in some of the things she does on the ice and she seems to really try to bring this sexiness which makes me chuckle because it doesn't exactly work but she's good with room for improvement. edited..I should say she's not a favorite but I enjoy her overall skating.
    Last edited by lavender; 02-20-2011 at 01:34 AM.

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast