Warm-Up Group 4
19 Rachael FLATT USA 3 62.23
20 Mirai NAGASU USA 4 59.78
21 Miki ANDO JPN 1 66.58
22 Akiko SUZUKI JPN 6 57.64
23 Alissa CZISNY USA 5 58.94
24 Mao ASADA JPN 2 63.41

:)

3 Japanese v 3. US Ladies, going back and forth, with Alissa and Mao as closers. That's an exciting lineup!

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
10:30 is the correct conversion for Eastern Standard time. Expect the final group to take the ice around 1:00 am.

It looks like Rachael will have to throw down the triple-triple if she really wants this. She won't have the luxury of waiting to see if she needs it depending on how the others do, as she would if she were to skate last. If she does indeed land the triple-triple and a clean performance overall, that could throw Mirai, but then again it could also fuel her to be great.

I expect Miki will do what she's done all season and skate a clean long to hold onto the lead. Akiko seems to skate perfect free skates marred with a jump error, but she'll have to be perfect if she wants to pull up.

This will be a huge test of Alissa's resiliance to see if "new Alissa" can come back triumphant after "old Alissa" made a mistake in the short. Mao will be the true dark horse because we know that at her best she can wipe the floor with the competition but at her worse, well let's just say that her worst is not pretty.

wallylutz

Medalist
I'd say tune in starting at Group #3 is recommended. The quality of the first two groups may bore many of you to death, like struggling to land even a double for example.

Let's see whether the statement that ice is slippery rings true again or not tonight. I hope we'll have an unpredictable competition and some surprises.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Only 9:30 my time. Thank goodness I won't have to stay up all night.

This line up is great. It pretty much as all my favorite ladies of the season :)

lilshorty

On the Ice
Only 9:30 my time. Thank goodness I won't have to stay up all night.

This line up is great. It pretty much as all my favorite ladies of the season :)

That's my time too Layfan. It just so happened that I was awake late last night and caught the last group. This time, I've strategically scheduled myself to wake up around 12:00 so that I won't miss the final group of ladies.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Everybody caught up with their sleep and ready for round 2?

Haha! yes. Okay, I admit that last night I totally slept through the second group. I mean conked out. But I had the sound still and it eventually woke up me in time for the top ladies ... then I actually made it through until Mirai. I must be crazy.

I'd say tune in starting at Group #3 is recommended. The quality of the first two groups may bore many of you to death, like struggling to land even a double for example.

I don't necessarily always watch the first groups but when I do I find it so interesting because it makes me truly appreciate how good the top skaters really are.

Watching the first ladies last night, I thought: I know that if I had skated growing up I wouldn't have gotten to be half as good as these ladies who nobody will ever hear of. And then I thought about the top ladies, and just thought ... wow.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
OMG there're many reasons I can't wait to start LPs! For skaters gonna attend WC,it's interesting to see how they skate as last test before it,for skaters unfortunately not making the World team,I want them to do well as a last performance this season at competition. Besides,I love to see skaters improvements through a season or a change of a program. (cf As far as I know, Mao's Lp has some new part in turns and step.)

Anyway best of luck to all ladies esp Mirai,Rachel and Mao!

shusterbutski

Rinkside
Is there going to be a justin.tv link for the ladies free like there was for the men? If there is could someone be so kind as to post it. Thanks!!!! Personally I would like to see Cynthia and Alissa come back back strong. It would be nice to see someone beat Miki because while I feel she is the best jumper of the ladies I don't see the improvement in her performance skills that the others do. Her PCS are much higher then they should be IMO. However there is no denying her consistency and I think she is being rewarded for that.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Let's see whether the statement that ice is slippery rings true again or not tonight. I hope we'll have an unpredictable competition and some surprises.

To be precise, plan on showing up around 13:30 (1:30) Taiwan time which on the east coast is 12:30 a.m. (I'm on the west coast, so it will only be 9:30 p.m.)

LKR

Rinkside
10:30 is the correct conversion for Eastern Standard time. Expect the final group to take the ice around 1:00 am.

It looks like Rachael will have to throw down the triple-triple if she really wants this. She won't have the luxury of waiting to see if she needs it depending on how the others do, as she would if she were to skate last. If she does indeed land the triple-triple and a clean performance overall, that could throw Mirai, but then again it could also fuel her to be great.

Flatt won't be doing a triple/triple in the LP, unless if she has altered her jump layout since Nationals. By repeating the flip and lutz twice and doing a triple toe after her double axel, Rachael cannot do a triple/triple with her current content.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Flatt won't be doing a triple/triple in the LP, unless if she has altered her jump layout since Nationals. By repeating the flip and lutz twice and doing a triple toe after her double axel, Rachael cannot do a triple/triple with her current content.

In the IceNetwork article about the SP, Rachael stated that she was planning on doing a 2A-3Lo and then a 3F-3T. I'm not betting on this happening, though.

icemusings

On the Ice

She is trying out a new jump layout in preparation for worlds. This is her second week with this version of the program.