Ladies - Long Program | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

lilshorty

On the Ice
Aww. Sad that Rachael didn't make the podium, but I'm happy for Miki, Mao, and Mirai and I wish them all the best.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Wow, so happy for the podium. It's was worth getting up 6:30AM on a Sunday morning.

I just feel bad Mirai won't be a Worlds. Perhaps she will be at World Team Trophy, or does it have to be top 2 US ladies on the ISU Ranking that has to go?

But yay for Mao!

Miki is getting interviewed. Her english is quite good.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Hurray for Mirai!!! I'm so happy for her! Her FS was awesome, awesome, awesome.

Congratulations to Miki and Mao. Mao was just so lovely.

kandidy

Final Flight
Great to see Mao's hugh triple axel again, just like the olympic days.

3M's on the podium!

genki

On the Ice
Oh my god, Mao, Mao, Mao. My jaw dropped. Finally a clean Free, so beautiful, so gorgeous, has ephemeral quality to it --like, if I do not see it now, it will float away into thin air.

I especially loved the bright smile at the very beginning of the program. Finally a bit of attitude from Mao.
Hope, she got higher score than MIKI in PCS. I will check now.

M

mylastduchess

her 3A got ratified, if she didn't underrotate that 3T she would have made history again.... and I love her spiral at the end!

ks777

Record Breaker
Beyond delighted for this podium as it's three of my favorites.

Miki keeps delivering.

Mao was so improved and had such a beautiful, emotional skate.

Mirai was wonderful, went out on a high note and won her first ISU senior championship medal.

I'm a happy fan.

Yeah these were my favorites as well!! Good job ladies!

composer

On the Ice
Congrats to Miki, Mao and Mirai!

And this augurs well for the US getting back the three spots at Worlds next year - Rachael and Alissa were so close to the podium.

skfan

Final Flight
i try not to be swayed by how cute miki's english is but this must be part of why the japanese fans love mirai :) i saw mao's jumps weren't quite as neat as miki's jumps and figured on this outcome. anyway, mao vs. miki is win-win for me. glad mirai skated strong after rachael's strong skate--her competitive mettle may be firming up! such a shame she won't be at worlds this year.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I love how fast these protocols are coming up!

MIKI had only two 0 GOE the rest were positive.
MAO got an edge call on her Lutz and a UR on her 3T in her 2A-3T combo and 2L in her three-jump combo. So also go negative GOE on her 3S (two footed). But her spins were solid and her spiral received nearly all +2 (with one +3!)
MIRAI is still getting a pesky edge call on her flip, so negative GOE there, otherwise all postive including some +2 and +3
RACHEL got a UR on the 3L (which I expected) and negative GOE on that combo, 3F-2T(which was when she had that weird spinout on the first jump and on the second 3F. She only got a level 2 on her step sequence, but otherwise she did well on her elements.
ALISSA got an edge call and DG plus a auto -3 for hte fall on the Flip as well as a DG on the 3Z and negative GOE and a UR on her 3T . But her spins of course were great.
CYNTHIA sneaked in there for sixth. She had all positive GOE overall.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Okay, now that I've calmed down a bit, I just wanted to say my Top 3 went like this:

1.) Mao Asada ~ there's honestly no one else like her when she's on, she's simply in another world, that 3axel just floated, as did she throughout, what a joy to be alive to see Mao skate in my lifetime!!!! Cries!

2.) Cynthia Phaneuf ~ her power & expression blow everyone else away!

3.) Mirai Nagasu ~ definitely has redeemed herself since Nationals, wish she could skate like this always but with a better program to do her justice, her jumps are BIG & HUGE, right up there with the best in the world!!!!

****NOTE: the only thing I would suggest to Mao is that she needs to straighten her legs in the spins, please see how FAB Miki Ando's camel spin is, simply the best one out there! Also, Mao jumps just as BIG as Miki when on, therefore she needs to stay consistent, keep jumping big, but most importantly ROTATE, Mao, ROTATE them all. Otherwise, she's divine, simply the best one out there tonight imho.*****

Boy, very big gap between Rachael's FP scores and those of the top three.

ETA: Nadine, thank you for singling out Miki's camel spin. I love it - a straight arrow. Alissa too needs to look at Miki there.

Krislite

Medalist
It's so weird how even with the new rules the free skate scores are approaching the highs achieved last season. How did Miki score 200+ with a couple of clean programs when the rules this year restrict GOE's and eliminate the spiral sequence from short program, among other things?

Is it higher PCS scores? At this rate, even Yuna's record score could be surpassed by the time we get to the WC in March. It seems clean long programs have a much higher potential now than last season. If a clean Miki program can score 134, then a clean Mao and a clean Yuna could easily do 150+.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Protocol is up

* Miki got no URs or DGs, only +GOE's and level 4 on all spins, level 3 on step seq.

* Mao had two DGs: on 2nd +2Lo ans +3T. Edge call on lutz. The GOE on her 3A ranged from -1 to +3!

* Mirai had no URs og DGs, so big improvement! Edge call on flip. Level 4's on all spins

* Rachael had UR on her +3Lo

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It appears Mirai has adopted Evan's technique flaws. Now she is lipping the flip, like Lysacek used to do.