Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Long Program

mylastduchess
    I actually really like the changes in Mao's program, I thought the spiral at the end was an original way to end the program.

on that note why doesn't Mao go for lv.4 in her spins she has a beillman a lv.4 should be a cinch

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Normally I would think a CoP step sequence being shortened is a good thing, but not here. The former step sequence was well balanced, went with the music, and conveyed an entire idea. This new one just randomly stops before it gets to the other side of the rink, suddenly leaving the progression of the music without any interpretation, so that she can start doing crossovers to move into a jump. I don't think the new ending pose is better either; it's very vanilla. Much preferred the draped arms and head in the old program.

Last edited by Morning Glory; 02-20-2011 at 05:23 AM.

Custom Title

Scary photo

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    Wow, anyone notice something? Look at Marai-who is normal weight. (I would say Marai looks "perfect" for a female figure skater) Look to her left. Holy cow. That is just sad. My hope is that Mao and Miki find a way to EAT before they both die. And neither have been that small in the past, once upon a time they were 'twins' to Marai.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    Thank you, Morning Glory! They look wonderful! I wonder if they spoke in Japanese during the medal ceremony!

Quote Originally Posted by katymay View Post
    Wow, anyone notice something? Look at Marai-who is normal weight. (I would say Marai looks "perfect" for a female figure skater) Look to her left. Holy cow. That is just sad. My hope is that Mao and Miki find a way to EAT before they both die. And neither have been that small in the past, once upon a time they were 'twins' to Marai.
    uh.... it's Mirai who has obviously gained some weight.. to the degree that she actually needs to shave off a few pounds.

Tripping on the Podium
    Do you know both Miki and Mao are famous for eating more than average Japanese boys? Mao loves to eat Japanese-style BBQ which Kozuka made for her (according to what Takahiko confess last month TV interview). They just consumed whatever calorie.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    If Mao keeps her program like this, and Alissa doesn't skate well, and Miki continues to play it safe...

All I can say is DEAR GOD, Yu-Na Kim MUST win Worlds.
    If Yu Na doesnt fall 3 times she will easily win Worlds. This competition combined with Europeans is confirmation there is absolutely nobody to remotedly challenge her now. And with the way the judges were scoring here Yu Na skating like she did in Vancouver would have probably broken 250 points.

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    If Yu Na doesnt fall 3 times she will easily win Worlds. This competition combined with Europeans is confirmation there is absolutely nobody to remotedly challenge her now. And with the way the judges were scoring here Yu Na skating like she did in Vancouver would have probably broken 250 points.
    It will be tough for Yuna to skate like what she did at the Olympics. But I don't really care about the result I just want to see her skate again.

Congrats to all 3 medalists! Miki, Mao, and Mirai!

Custom Title
    Wow... These scores are I have no questions about Miki's first place (her scores were a bit too high though), but as for Mao and Mirai... Come on, almost every jump looked UR, how did they get full credit for them and +GOE? They both were overscored. I feel that technical callers at Euros were much stricter in every discipline, wonder how it will be at Worlds.

Yuna will have no problems winning Worlds this time for sure. If she will not fall 3-4 times, it's hers for taking.

Mashimaro on Ice
    The scores usually go up toward the end of the season. If you look at PCS range, it's about in the normal range.

And seriously, there have been far more inflated scores in the past. Mao and Mirai are two skaters that are rarely given the benefit of the doubt by judges, in my opinion.
    Last edited by miki88; 02-20-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Custom Title
    Oh come on! The girls did a fantastic job today. I don't find the scores inflated. Both Miki and Mao got credit for 6 triples(the number of jumps Yuna did at the Olys and got 150). Everyone predicts a catwalk for Kim, but remember last year she had 2 bad LP and a mediocre one: the disaster at SA, the GPF(she landed 4 jumps) and the less than stellar 2010 worlds overscored Lp. Mao and Miki today proved they are in top form heading to worlds. Yuna is a big question mark. Consistency isn't her thing either(she had 2 clean competitions in her senior career). Plus, with the new rules, she will have to downgrade her technical content or add a 3L(she can't do 3 2A)

I agree, I don't know how Yu Na is doing now, but I don't think it will be very difficult for her to beat them all Again, what a boring gold and silver medallists^^ But Miki clearly has all the jumps, so I won't say anything, but I still have to see Mao. I'm SO happy for Mirai!!! Finally!! She has a great mirai ahead of her, congrats!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast