Ladies - Long Program | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The 3Toe+3Toe and 3Loop setup for the SP has become pretty common with the European ladies. It's strange that Cynthia doesn't try a 3Toe+3Toe since that is by far her best jump, but maybe she's just not good with doing jumps in combination. It does certainly feel like she has the ability to do that combination, though.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
The 3Toe+3Toe and 3Loop setup for the SP has become pretty common with the European ladies. It's strange that Cynthia doesn't try a 3Toe+3Toe since that is by far her best jump, but maybe she's just not good with doing jumps in combination. It does certainly feel like she has the ability to do that combination, though.

All of the European ladies, aside from Kostner(during her prime days) can't even do consistent 3F or 3Lz. That's why all their jumps are pretty much consist of 3T, 3S, 3Lo, and 2A. With 2A being limited this back to two, most will be hard press to make up the points.

Not sure about Cynthia, but she does seem a bit heavy to be able to pull of 3T+3T. Not saying she is fat, but she sure is pretty tall and muscular and maybe thats why she struggle with jumps.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
That's not true about the Russian ladies. Most of the younger Russian ladies, starting with the phenomenal Adelina Sotnikova, are consistently doing ratified 3/3s (Adelina leading the way in 3lutz/3loop with no UR calls). Even an old babushka like Alena Leonova still does the 3t/3t consistently this season, in addition to her arsenal of jumps.

And silverlake22, Alissa was landing 3lutz/3toes, smooth and ratified, in competition in 2005 (see here). Of course, this was before the UR calls got stricter.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
That 3Lutz/3Toe was not ratified and it's the only time she has went for it AFAIK.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
All of the European ladies, aside from Kostner(during her prime days) can't even do consistent 3F or 3Lz. That's why all their jumps are pretty much consist of 3T, 3S, 3Lo, and 2A. With 2A being limited this back to two, most will be hard press to make up the points.

Not sure about Cynthia, but she does seem a bit heavy to be able to pull of 3T+3T. Not saying she is fat, but she sure is pretty tall and muscular and maybe thats why she struggle with jumps.

A lot of the European ladies who do 3t-3t like Kostner, Korpi, Makarova, are around Cynthia's size and seem to have little issues with that combo. Given the size of Cynthia's 3t and the flow she usually gets out of it, I think she could potentially be capable of a great 3t-3t.

As for Alissa, I agree that she doesn't need a 3-3, I mean unless she hopes to WIN worlds and then she probably would, I more just meant that I don't think we'll be seeing one from her due to the scores she can earn without one. For her, standing up on the jumps is more important than a 3-3.

From Universal Sport, I watched the Ladies last night. All of them were at their best which made for an entertaining evening and appreciate good skating.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I enjoyed the commentary by Universal Sports. The commentators tried to say something nice about every skaters, didn't blab the entire time, but also weren't overly biased and pulling for their favorite skaters. At first when Lipinski started commentating, I wasn't sure what would happen, but now she is one of my favorites (besides the eurosport guys :)) for her fairness and intelligent insight. I also liked how Lipinski and Joyce focused on the skater who was skating at the time - they weren't constantly comparing one skater to another, which I find annoying and useless blabber.
A+ to Tara and Andrea - I hope they will be commenting on worlds.