Ladies - Long Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

Justin is better on my screen. This last girl (Muniz) was hard to watch. Not very graceful and not very happy to be there, it seemed. I wish they would pronounce the skaters' names right. (Referring to the English-language announcer.)

Not a great outing for Binwa Geng but she sure is a pretty skater and seems to have the goods. All the in-between movements are polished. She just doesn't have enough stamina.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Is this Ice BB first international competition? She seems to be a really talented and beautiful skater crumbling under the pressure. She was so much better. Also I wonder if she's affected by the allegations of age cheating.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Geeze, last night was hard! It was a 1, 2 punch, one immediately after the other. I noted later I was on my computer for 9 hrs! :eek:

Anyhow, I almost forgot Ladies FS was just 14 hrs. later, so here I am about an 1 1/2 hrs. late, lol. :laugh:

What did I miss? I LOVED Taryn Jurgensen from THAILAND, has she skated yet? Still haven't had the chance to watch her on youtube, nor Mao for that matter, too busy getting work done. :)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RACH, MIRAI, MAO, MIKI, TARYN!!!!!:love:

burntBREAD

Medalist
Is this Ice BB first international competition? She seems to be a really talented and beautiful skater crumbling under the pressure. She was so much better. Also I wonder if she's affected by the allegations of age cheating.

She got 5th at COC with quite a decent score, 50+ SP and 90+ FS

Nadine, I don't think your favorite made it into the FS. Sorry! List of skating order is on p1 of this thread.

This next Chinese lady is nowhere near as talented as little Miss Bingwa.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Nadine, I don't think your favorite made it into the FS. Sorry! List of skating order is on p1 of this thread.

This next Chinese lady is nowhere near as talented as little Miss Bingwa.

Yeah, I just checked. Taryn finished 28th in the short, missing the long by about 2 points total.

LP results: http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc2011/SEG004.HTM

Zhu's spin ending in an I spin was pretty cool looking.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks, Spun Silver, YIKES, I just noted that myself. :( Oh well, I will never forget her phenomenal SP to "Somewhere in Time", complete with antique lace, haunting choreography, and beautiful skating. I need for that to be on my favorites. If Taryn ever reads GS, I just want her to know she's simply exquisite...

burntBREAD

Medalist
I think she's much better. No bad habits to overcome. She looks to have a strong foundation. Can't explain it as they share a coach. But mine is an inexpert opinion.

I remember Mingzhu Li said Bingwa's problem was "control", which I can definitely see as she is pretty inconsistent.

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
The link that was posted earlier seems to start from the beginning of the competition every couple of skaters...
Maybe I'm watching the wrong channel?
Could someone post another link?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Nadine, I noticed her too. Her beauty while spinning in that exquisite dress was dazing. Maybe she should be a Dancer and forget about jumping,

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The link that was posted earlier seems to start from the beginning of the competition every couple of skaters...
Maybe I'm watching the wrong channel?
Could someone post another link?

Did you click on the "Watch Live" part at the top?