Ladies - Long Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Not Amelie's best performance. The Canadians look so tired near the ends of their programs here. I especially noticed it with Shawn compared to usual.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Amelie- strong start then doubled a lutz then doubled a flip. Now a 2T. Get back into it, girl and fast! Oh no, 3S disaster.

Is she Canada's current #2 lady after Cynthia? (excluding Joannie R.)

Aah, she doubled several jumps. But overall she has a very competent, confident look on the ice. Again, very unmusical choreography. I hate that.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Amelie- strong start then doubled a lutz then doubled a flip. Now a 2T. Get back into it, girl and fast!

Is she Canada's current #2 lady after Cynthis? (excluding Joannie R.)

Technically, no. Myriane Samson was 2nd at Nationals and Amelie was 3rd, if you go by Nationals. But all things considered, Amelie might really be Canada's #2.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I watched Amelie Lacoste's FS, and I noted she's a strong jumper, the 2A/2A combo. was FAB, and her 3R at the end was equally BIG! :thumbup: Too bad she petered out here & there, like the 3S, looks like she honestly just gave up and sat down. :(

But good job, good job! :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Amelie LACOSTE (CAN)

Music: Sheherazade by Nikolai Rimski-Korsakov

2A+2A+SEQ
3Lo+2Lo+2Lo
2Lz
FSSp
2F
LSp
2T
ChSp
3S - twofoot into fall, UR or DG<<
SlSt
3Lo
CCoSp

A good start, then too many mistakes... now it's up to Phaneuf to honour the Canadians ladies

Score: 87.42, total 137.38 and into 2nd

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
So far this ladies FS event has been a bit of a mess, way too many programs with stupid mistakes like pops and converting triples to doubles, doubles to singles, etc.
Let's hope Cynthia and the last group change this bad juju.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Is anyone else having feed problems? It's freezing for me, and I can hear the voice from some other program while Cynthia is skating.

golfisme64

Rinkside
What bothers me about Cynthia is not that she isn't a good skater, but tried to be too pretty! She is strong and athletic and simply doesn't play to her strengths. Kinda like Rachael Flatt. This was a good skate for her and congrats for a job well done!

Watching the earlier ladies (which I don't usually do) puts Phaneuf into perspective for me. I don't care for her type and it affects my view of her skating, but no question she put in a mostly very solid and polished performance, with a lot more power than any of the ladies we've seen. I wish she'd pluck her eyebrows though, she'd look less mannish. Sorry to be trivial.

Go, Mirai! I'd love for the podium to be Miki, Mao and Mirai, any order is OK by me as long as it reflects the actual skating. But if Rachael brings it, let her be up there!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Put Cynthia down for a pop and a doubled jump also, but she is getting back into it and the quality of her skating is clearly superior to all the previous competitors. Finishing strongly.

Nadine

Record Breaker
STANDIN O FROM ME!!!! :party:

FAB program from Cynthia Phaneuf from Canada! Gorgeous white dress skated to "Somewhere in Time" music as well...

***only gripe her dirty white skates looked out of place in contrast to that gorgeous dress***

3T (HUGE, perfect!)
3L (huge, but popped)
3R/2T (good)
nice spins!
2S
3R (held & then immediately after her expression to the music was divine!)
3L!!!! (GORGEOUS)
2A/2S (good)
fw & spins gorgeous

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love :love: