What do you want to see at Worlds ...Ladies | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What do you want to see at Worlds ...Ladies

JDLutz

Rinkside
Hello to all,  So this is my first posting on here, let me know how I did, lol. But anyways, while  i am sad that my two favorite ladies
This season ( Akiko Suzuki, Mirai Nagasu) didn't make it to worlds, it will still be quite a showdown and fun to watch, the following is what I would like to/expect to see happen. Although what I would like to see most nobody falling apart.    

1st/2nd- Miki Ando/Yuna Kim-  Miki has been laying it down all season in the LP, i honestly think that this championship is hers to loose, with world being at home, I expect to deliver another great LP, I don't see her lower than 2nd, especially on home ice. While we haven't seen Yuna all season I expect her programs to be nothing less than amazing, if there is one skater you can never count out of a competition, it's her.   

3rd- Mao Asada, Its amazing how quickly she was able to regain most of her form after reworking her jump technique, and she was quite fantastic to see at 4CC. While she is one of my
Favorites, and even with the progress she has made, I don't think she is world Champ ready this season. But at age 20 she's already a two time champ, and I'm sure there will be more of those to come :) plus having two japanese ladies on the Tokyo podium will be great. 

4th-Alissa Czisny- Its just been amazing seeing her this seaon :) after her up and down career I think she should be really proud of being the Grand Prix champion and a 2 time US Champ. While most people are doubting her because of her 5th place finish at 4CC, I see it this way, on a bad weekend, alissa was 5th at an INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION (I know Europe skaters weren't there, but still)  so that gives me high hopes for her at worlds, I hope she can deliver two amazing programs and that she can leave the ice with pride. 

5th-Carolina Kostner- Theres just something that makes me think she will be in the top 5, plus the fact that she has been the most consistant that we have seen her in a while(correct me if wrong),  she has been on the podium at every comp she has entered this season. Her SP is one of my favorites this season, and if she can produce a great LP, this seems like a fair placement for her. 

6th- Rachael Flatt- While most are always saying that she isn't the most talented skater out there, I do see her as easily the most hard working and determined lady out there, which I admire. Her EOE SP is factastic and just fits her so well, if she does what she did at US nats and 4CC this program should give her an advantage going into the LP, which she will need to do because it just doesn't fit her, and if she produces a clean LP. 6th seems like a pretty reasonable placement for her. 

7th/8th- Kanako Murakami/Laura Lepisto- Kanako has really impressed me this season and was a delight to watch at the GPF, while she is becoming one of my favorites,to me,  she just doenst have the refinement to beat out the vets yet (yes, even rachael). While we haven't seen Lepisto all season, she is still the reigning bronze medalist, so having her finish 7th/8th seems quite about right :)

9th-Kiira Korpi-Shes just too pretty!!! Lol, but anyways, she's just up and down all the time, but something about 9th just seems right, her short program is just a delight to watch and I think a top ten finish would be a very good thing, plus the fact that it would mean both Finnish ladies would be withing the top 10. 

10th-Cynthia Phaneuf- while her programs don't quite do it for me this season, something about her has me always cheering for
her. 

11th- Alena Leonova/Ksenia Marakova, Although i also think that one of these two ladies could  crack the top 10, while it would be fantastic for Russia to get 3 spots for 2012, I just don't see it happening. Plus Russia's dominance in  senior ladies seems to be coming quite soon :)

12th-Cheltzie Lee- Shes just so likeable, this would be fantastic placement for her.                    

gmyers

Record Breaker
I want Mao and Yu-Na to be great. Seems like it is Yu-Na's turn to win worlds. 2007 both bombed something and Miki won. Then in 2008 Yu-Na bombed and then 2009 Mao bombed and 2010 Yu-Na bombed. I want both to be great and clean and have a real big fight with Miki Ando! Miki Ando is on FIRE! Then I would like Leonova and Makrova to be good. Seems like Leonova can really nail her LP but I want her to have a clean SP. Makarova needs a clean LP. Flatt has a great SP and would like her to make the top 6.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
JDLutz, welcome! Post long, post often! (A great first post!) and how could I have forgotten to include a great skate for Cheltzie Lee in my wish list! Thank you for reminding me.

JDLutz

Rinkside
JDLutz, welcome! Post long, post often! (A great first post!) and how could I have forgotten to include a great skate for Cheltzie Lee in my wish list! Thank you for reminding me.

Thanks for the welcome, will do my best to post long/often, and yeah, it would be fantastic for Cheltzie to just bring it at worlds,4CC was her first comp this season if I'm correct, and she finished 10th there, so I think that she can have a great showing in Tokyo.

gardenernaga

Rinkside
We can expect Miki to do with 3Lz+3L combination. She said she is now preparing it for Worlds in the press conference right after she came back from Taipei on Monday.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
We can expect Miki to do with 3Lz+3L combination. She said she is now preparing it for Worlds in the press conference right after she came back from Taipei on Monday.
It's a little different.As far as I know,she said "I can earn much scores with 3-2,So work hard on 3-3 and have a long talk to my coach about it" I doubt her attempting 3-3,I'd like her to puts 3F instead. Hope I can see 3-3 from both Miki and Mao though. As Mao did 3F-3Lo at 6-minute-practice,she has a feeling to put it. Kanako's fabulous 3T-3T:love:

oleada

Record Breaker
I'm surprised so many think Yu-Na will compete. I'm operating on the assumption that she won't.

If she does, I think she'll be on the podium, but I don't think she will win gold. If she isnt there, I hope for a Miki, Mao & Alissa podium. If not Alissa, then Kanako. :)

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
Since Worlds are going to be held at the same location as in 2007, I hope to have a déjà-vu of sorts (with suitable "replacements"), just for my own amusement. :biggrin:

1. Miki Ando
2. Mao Asada
3. Yuna Kim
4. Kimmie Meissner ---> Rachael Flatt
5. Yukari Nakano ---> Kanako Murakami
6. Carolina Kostner
7. Sarah Meier ---> Ksenia Makarova
8. Susanna Poykio ---> Kiira Korpi
9. Emily Hughes ---> Alissa Czisny
10. Joannie Rochette ---> Cynthia Phaneuf

Pretty plausible, no?

Really 17? (Age scandal?)

ETA My Top 10 Wish List:

1, 2, 3, - Ando, Asada, Kim. I just hope it's a good competition and that all three are great.
4 - Murakami. Love this kid. I hope she caps off her wonderful first senior season with a great placement here.
5 - Czisny
6 & 7 - Flatt and Lepisto - not super likely for Lepisto but I'd love to see it, she's a beautiful all-around skater. Rachael, do the 3/3, honey. Go for broke in the FP (you need it) and climb those stairs.
8 - Korpi or Makarova (I hope it's not just because they're both beautiful platinum blondes that they seem kind of similar to me)
9 - Kostner
10 - Lee - go Cheltzie!

Last edited:

YunaBliss

On the Ice
I'm surprised so many think Yu-Na will compete. I'm operating on the assumption that she won't.

Just wondering, do you know something that the rest of the world (including Yuna) doesn't??

Because Yuna herself has confirmed countless times now that she will definitely compete, and has been training very hard for it.

Unless you can explain your "assumption", I am thinking you are either living in a cave or are in complete denial :p

oleada

Record Breaker
I just don't think she will. Sorry. It has nothing to with how I feel about her (I like her, for the most part).

Of course a skater will say she's training, it keeps her in the press. See also Kwan, Michelle.

The steps of gladness to Paradise (top of the podium):

I'll build a stairway to Paradise
With a new step ev'ry day !
I'm gonna get there at any price;
Stand aside, I'm on my way !
I've got the blues
And up above it's so fair.
Shoes ! Go on and carry me there !
With a new step ev'ry day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVvGEBDioHg

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I just don't think she will. Sorry. It has nothing to with how I feel about her (I like her, for the most part).

Of course a skater will say she's training, it keeps her in the press. See also Kwan, Michelle.

I personally think she will show up, but really no one will know for sure until we see her show up in Toyko. :)

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
The steps of gladness to Paradise (top of the podium):

With a new step ev'ry day !
I'm gonna get there at any price;
Stand aside, I'm on my way !
I've got the blues
And up above it's so fair.
Shoes ! Go on and carry me there !
With a new step ev'ry day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVvGEBDioHg

Oh cool I really like that analogy! I really hope Rachael does it!

TV or IN please show us these comps. I haven't seen Japanese Nationals, but I know that Miki is a competitive. Mao is vulnerable, imo.
Looking forward to a good show of competition, hoping that Yuna makes and appearance.

Will the American gals add up to 13? I think they can, so this is worth watching as well.

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
TV or IN please show us these comps. I haven't seen Japanese Nationals, but I know that Miki is a competitive. Mao is vulnerable, imo.
Looking forward to a good show of competition, hoping that Yuna makes and appearance.

Will the American gals add up to 13? I think they can, so this is worth watching as well.

Ice Network does not have the rights to Worlds. NBC and Universal Sports have the rights, but what they choose to show or not to show either online on on TV is up to them.