What do you want to see at Worlds ...Ladies | Page 18 | Golden Skate

What do you want to see at Worlds ...Ladies

R.D.

Record Breaker
Seriously- if Kostner wins, particularly with watered-down content- I'm truly done.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Just imagine how fun it will be around here when Chan falls and wins. :laugh:

The only thing that might top that is when Carolina Kostner falls and wins. She explicitly stated that the 3Flip will be her most difficult jump. If she wins with that kind of program over Mao, Yuna or Miki it'll be quite something. ;)

I really don't think that will happen, not all three of them anyway

Just imagine how fun it will be around here when Chan falls and wins. :laugh:

Well, Chan didn't fall in the SP, but he did show that he has a three-fall advantage over the field.

If you count a fall as losing 4 points (-3 GOE + -1 deduction) -- hey, the boy is leading by 12. :)

I got to Moscow today but they are not letting fans in to watch practices unfortunately. We tried but only accredited media are allowed in. Kind of disappointing but I saw Miki Ando, Nikolai Morozov and Elene Gedevanishvili checking into the hotel:) Miki and Elene looked gorgeous. Can't wait for the skating to start!!

You're right there? Cool! I can't wait to hear reports from you. Lucky you, to see Miki and Elene. Tell us about everything you see.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I sneaked in here just wanted to say that I want to see Yu Na Kim to win the gold. Surprised to see Patrick Chan's name in Ladies thread.:biggrin:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Why would I have a riot. I am the one who has said all season Chan has a 6 fall or so cushion over his main competitors, deserved or undeserved (personally I think it is some of both, he is a huge judges judges pet but he is also by far the best skater out there right now). The short program gap in the program worth only 50% the points of a long, only justifies my previous comments and shows yet again I was right all along. It is others who should be having a riot, I am satisfied to see my own words brought to fruition as usual. And P/T in position to defend their World title to boot, perfect day for me. Only the ridiculous overrating of Ando's chances on this board being proven later this weekend left to go.

Only the ridiculous overrating of Ando's chances on this board being proven later this weekend left to go.

This is kind of a random question, but with the Japanese men falling out of contention for the gold medal, do you think there is pressure on the judges to give the ladies' title to Mao or Miki?

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
This is kind of a random question, but with the Japanese men falling out of contention for the gold medal, do you think there is pressure on the judges to give the ladies' title to Mao or Miki?

Based on what? The World arent in Japan anymore. I could see this being the case if the Worlds were in Japan but they arent. It is not like the Japanese always get a gold medal, they didnt in Vancouver or at the 2009 Worlds either.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Based on what? The World arent in Japan anymore. I could see this being the case if the Worlds were in Japan but they arent. It is not like the Japanese always get a gold medal, they didnt in Vancouver or at the 2009 Worlds either.

So, basically you're saying the Japanese skaters would win only if the competition were held in Japan?

I was thinking that the ISU might want to show sympathy for Japan because of the earthquake, and also to satisfy the Japanese television networks that are paying big bucks to show worlds live in Japan in prime time even though it has been moved to a different time zone.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
So, basically you're saying the Japanese skaters would win only if the competition were held in Japan?

Ando can only hope to beat Kim if Kim has atleast 3 huge errrors OR the competition is in Japan. Since the latter is now out, we are left with the former. Yes that is indeed what I am saying 100%. Ando cant even hope to compete with Kim on neutral ground unless Kim gives her alot of help. A clean short program alone by Kim (which even with alot of inactivity she should be easily capable of) will blow Ando away by a huge margin, and make the long program all but a victory lap. Asada is the wild card as she can still improve her performances further, and if she can she will surpass Ando and put more pressure on Kim. We will see competitive wise if she has.

Last edited:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I was thinking that the ISU might want to show sympathy for Japan because of the earthquake, and also to satisfy the Japanese television networks that are paying big bucks to show worlds live in Japan in prime time even though it has been moved to a different time zone.

You could be right. I guess we will see.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Ando can only hope to beat Kim if Kim has atleast 3 huge errrors OR the competition is in Japan. Since the latter is now out, we are left with the former. Yes that is indeed what I am saying 100%. Ando cant even hope to compete with Kim on neutral ground unless Kim gives her alot of help. Asada is the wild card as she can still improve her performances further, and if she can she will surpass Ando and put more pressure on Kim. We will see competitive wise if she has.

I wasn't talking about Miki, I was referring to Japanese skaters in general. ;) I can always count on a good laugh with your posts, pangtongfan. Keep them coming! :biggrin:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Here is a little reality check for you MIKIANDO-FAN. The last time Miki Ando beat Yu Na Kim was the 2007 Worlds, almost 4 years ago. At that event Yu Na Kim fell twice, had another triple discounted, and Miki Ando skated the two performances of her life with a triple lutz-triple loop in both (which she isnt even capable of doing cleanly anymore). And Worlds were in Japan to boot, and Yu Na was a little known up and comer at the time to top it off.

chloepoco

Medalist

Unfortunately, if any of the Japanese skaters win, I'm sure we'll be hearing conspiracy theories such as this. Or even if they land on the podium.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Here is a little reality check for you MIKIANDO-FAN. The last time Miki Ando beat Yu Na Kim was the 2007 Worlds, almost 4 years ago. At that event Yu Na Kim fell twice, had another triple discounted, and Miki Ando skated the two performances of her life with a triple lutz-triple loop in both (which she isnt even capable of doing cleanly anymore). And Worlds were in Japan to boot, and Yu Na was a little known up and comer at the time to top it off.

Why do you keep on mentioning Miki? I didn't even mention her in my original post. :sheesh: Here's a reality check for you, hun, your cruel comments towards Miki are starting to sound ridiculous. So, unless you want to act like a decent human being and respect the skaters, I will always laugh at your mean and repetitive comments. Geez, don't you have anything better to do? :rolleye: