Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want to see at Worlds ...Ladies

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I also hope Bingwa Geng will do well. (How old is she, anyway?)
    I believe she's 17.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Really 17? (Age scandal?)

ETA My Top 10 Wish List:

1, 2, 3, - Ando, Asada, Kim. I just hope it's a good competition and that all three are great.
    4 - Murakami. Love this kid. I hope she caps off her wonderful first senior season with a great placement here.
    5 - Czisny
    6 & 7 - Flatt and Lepisto - not super likely for Lepisto but I'd love to see it, she's a beautiful all-around skater. Rachael, do the 3/3, honey. Go for broke in the FP (you need it) and climb those stairs.
    8 - Korpi or Makarova (I hope it's not just because they're both beautiful platinum blondes that they seem kind of similar to me)
    9 - Kostner
    10 - Lee - go Cheltzie!
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 02-23-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I'm surprised so many think Yu-Na will compete. I'm operating on the assumption that she won't.
    Just wondering, do you know something that the rest of the world (including Yuna) doesn't??

Because Yuna herself has confirmed countless times now that she will definitely compete, and has been training very hard for it.

Unless you can explain your "assumption", I am thinking you are either living in a cave or are in complete denial

Custom Title
    I just don't think she will. Sorry. It has nothing to with how I feel about her (I like her, for the most part).

Of course a skater will say she's training, it keeps her in the press. See also Kwan, Michelle.

and climb those stairs.
    Huh? I'm confused about this reference.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    The steps of gladness to Paradise (top of the podium):

I'll build a stairway to Paradise
    With a new step ev'ry day !
    I'm gonna get there at any price;
    Stand aside, I'm on my way !
    I've got the blues
    And up above it's so fair.
    Shoes ! Go on and carry me there !
    With a new step ev'ry day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVvGEBDioHg

I just don't think she will. Sorry. It has nothing to with how I feel about her (I like her, for the most part).

Of course a skater will say she's training, it keeps her in the press. See also Kwan, Michelle.
    I personally think she will show up, but really no one will know for sure until we see her show up in Toyko.

The steps of gladness to Paradise (top of the podium):

With a new step ev'ry day !
    I'm gonna get there at any price;
    Stand aside, I'm on my way !
    I've got the blues
    And up above it's so fair.
    Shoes ! Go on and carry me there !
    With a new step ev'ry day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVvGEBDioHg
    Oh cool I really like that analogy! I really hope Rachael does it!

TV or IN please show us these comps. I haven't seen Japanese Nationals, but I know that Miki is a competitive. Mao is vulnerable, imo.
    Looking forward to a good show of competition, hoping that Yuna makes and appearance.

Will the American gals add up to 13? I think they can, so this is worth watching as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    TV or IN please show us these comps. I haven't seen Japanese Nationals, but I know that Miki is a competitive. Mao is vulnerable, imo.
    Looking forward to a good show of competition, hoping that Yuna makes and appearance.

Will the American gals add up to 13? I think they can, so this is worth watching as well.
    Ice Network does not have the rights to Worlds. NBC and Universal Sports have the rights, but what they choose to show or not to show either online on on TV is up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentineSteps View Post
    Since Worlds are going to be held at the same location as in 2007, I hope to have a déjà-vu of sorts (with suitable "replacements"), just for my own amusement.

1. Miki Ando
    2. Mao Asada
    3. Yuna Kim
    4. Kimmie Meissner ---> Rachael Flatt
    5. Yukari Nakano ---> Kanako Murakami
    6. Carolina Kostner
    7. Sarah Meier ---> Ksenia Makarova
    8. Susanna Poykio ---> Kiira Korpi
    9. Emily Hughes ---> Alissa Czisny
    10. Joannie Rochette ---> Cynthia Phaneuf

Pretty plausible, no?
    Yes!

Michelle told me personally that she is back in training for Sochi. If they won't let her skate she plans to stand on the sidelines and pass out autographed copies of her master's thesis.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I believe US sports will show whatever, but they will be selling live streaming Worlds, probably for a prohibitively high price, like $49.

I will grouse, but pay it.

Custom Title
    Haven't read this entire thread, but what I have made me smile.

So here go my wishes (in any order):

1.) Would like to see everybody skate their best, as the best competitions are when everybody skates their best and you win!
    2.) I hope the winner skates clean first & foremost, NO FALLS, with the highest difficulty possible, including a quad for the men and a 3/3 from the women, and a 3axel from Mao Asada, since she's the only woman that can do so.
    3.) no injuries or withdrawals, Please God, no injuries or withdrawals.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WORLDS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    Just wondering, do you know something that the rest of the world (including Yuna) doesn't??

Because Yuna herself has confirmed countless times now that she will definitely compete, and has been training very hard for it.

Unless you can explain your "assumption", I am thinking you are either living in a cave or are in complete denial
    To see is to believe...I guess. LOL. But if she doesn't show up, Samsung is going to kill her. LOL.

Custom Title
    Gold: Yu Na Kim
    WHY: “Arirang.” When I heard she was doing it, some kind soul posted a link to the New York Philharmonic performing it in North Korea. The music is just glorious. I want to see her do it justice. I adore her.
    WHAT NEXT YEAR: To keep skating

Silver: Alissa Czisny
    WHY: Because at the beginning of the season, I said she’d win Nationals and have her Wylie moment at Worlds. To make it complete, that means silver. Because her long program is the masterpiece of the season. Because I think IF an American woman wins a medal in figure skating, people might talk it up again.
    WHAT NEXT YEAR: Something a little harder/more edge (musically).

Bronze: Mao Asada
    WHY: She’s got this iron will that doesn’t let her give up. She’s had two terrible GP seasons in a row, but found the inner fire to kick it up a notch. I think the sport needs that. She doesn’t have a bronze medal. She needs one to complete her collection.
    WHAT NEXT YEAR: Just continue what she’s doing.

Fourth: Miki Ando
    WHY: Because realistically she won’t be any lower. Because I feel churlish for not liking her more (I actually want her a little lower) – it’s not like she’s done anything to me. Even if I wish it was Akiko instead.
    WHAT NEXT YEAR: I would love to sit down and actually talk to her. She seems like such a nice person and I’ve grown to really enjoy her gala presentations. And I think she does feel the music. I just don’t think she really expresses it well. I’d love love love it if she got a program from David Wilson. Her “Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence” SP from a few seasons back was stunning.

Fifth: Kiira Korpi
    WHY: Because she’s got a pretty terrific 1-2 punch of programs. Because a top five at Worlds would suggest she (somewhat) held it together.
    WHAT NEXT YEAR: The holding it together? Continue

Sixth: Rachel Flatt
    WHY: Because if she and Czisny get back the three spots, people will finally stop kvetching about getting back three spots. Because I actually like a good portion of East of Eden. Because if she does get the third spot back, a lot of people will have to eat humble pie.
    WHAT NEXT YEAR: Whatever she wants. If she keeps skating, work on her positions.

Seventh: Kanako Murakami
    WHY: I think she’s been overscored, but the fearless joy she evinces really is enjoyable. Too much lower implies that she skated poorly. Even if I wish it was Akiko instead
    WHAT NEXT YEAR: Better programs. I know, she’s young, but you know what? Kim debuted with Le Tango de Roxanne and Lark Ascending as her senior programs. Her short emphasizes her youth in the wrong ways.

Eighth: Laura Lepisto
    WHY: Because Finland with three spots would be absolutely hilarious. Because I was looking forward to seeing her this year and seeing her only once and doing poorly would be disappointing.
    WHAT NEXT YEAR: Let’s see her at worlds before talking about it

Ninth: Cynthia Phaneuf
    WHY: Because it’ll guarantee Canada two spots. To be honest, I don’t have that much affection for her beyond her nationality, so if she doesn’t do well, I probably won’t shed much tears.
    WHAT NEXT YEAR: Something a little more powerful. Go for a 3-3 combination.

Tenth: Carolina Kostner
    WHY: It seems weird to me that she’s experiencing so much success this season when she’s a former shadow of herself. I love COP but it does seem a little extreme to, on one end, have Patrick Chan winning a competition with four falls because of his very high base-value elements but to have Kostner, doing the simple stuff well and really racking up the points.
    WHAT NEXT YEAR: The hard jumps. The dangerous speed. The adult musicality. Consistency. In one deadly package. This year I became a Czisny uber. Come August 2011, it’s your turn.

Also

• A final flight with no falls
    • Samson skating as good as she did at Nationals
    • Lee, LaFuente, Meite, Hecken and Vannut to have skates they’re proud of.
    • For Leonova and Marakova to demonstrate that they aren’t to be left behind when the RBB comes of age.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast