Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: What do you want to see at Worlds for the Men?

Custom Title
    I want Dai to skate the perfect program with 4F. I want him to skate his heart out again like he did in nationals last year with unadulterated passion.
    Then, I want Dai to beat 3 quad Chan, and let the world know that art wins over even if figure skate is a sports.
    I want him to let Judges see how important and precious it is to touch people's heart by this beautiful sports called," figure skating."

That's what I want to see in man's skating this year at worlds.

Custom Title
    Is it too much to ask people to refrain from putting down skaters you don't like when you praise and wish your favourite skaters to do well?

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    But that kind of dancing was illegal 40 years ago. In fact it was illegal to even think about doing those moves 40 years ago. Never mind in the rarefied sport of figure skating.
    Maybe you're much older than I.

Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    Is it too much to ask people to refrain from putting down skaters you don't like when you praise and wish your favourite skaters to do well?
    I agree with you. As a former skater, I would want respect if not praise.

Bradley, Bradley, he's our man!
    If he can't do it, Dornbush can!
    Dornbush, Dornbush, he's our man!
    If he can't do it, Miner can!
    Miner, Miner, he's our man!
    If he can't do it -- nobody can!

These earthquakes, one recently close to Tokyo, has had to have an affect on Dai, Nobi and Taka. All three are contenders for Gold in their home country, and now that's kind of blown away. So sad.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    These earthquakes, one recently close to Tokyo, has had to have an affect on Dai, Nobi and Taka. All three are contenders for Gold in their home country, and now that's kind of blown away. So sad.
    I would never write any one of those men off. All 3 are so wonderful and I hope they all can skate the way we know they are capable of!

They can still be contenders for gold in another country

Custom Title
    Tomas scored well in Russia earlier this season and even beat Patrick Chan! Hope this new venue will give him good vibes so he can kick butt and somehow manage to sneak up onto the podium

The whole gang of competitors. It's the one comp where there is no LOCK.

However, I do want to watch the American newbies. I hope they make the abridged TV showing. I don't think Universal Sport will go beyond the last group to skate. How many of those 15 top skaters will we see?

On the Ice
    Dai
    Khazuka
    Tomas Verner

I'd love to see Hanyu, but he's not entered. I'm happy to see Reynolds back in the game, I want to see the American newbees, and from Europe, Fernando, Gachinsky and Brezina. Also want to check out: vdPerren; Liebers, Contesti and Ten

How many of the above will make TOP TEN? The Field is the best ever, imo. Maybe we should go for TOP TWENTY.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    ^ Of the above, Brezina is my pick for likeliest to make top 10. You are right the field is incredibly deep and the top 10 will all be first rate. I just hope it doesn't turn out like the Olympics last year, where all the talk was about how deep the men were and then it turned out to be a rather not so great comp. Hopefully, the men's comp will be more like the women's comp at Vancouver last year, in the sense that we'll get one clean performance after another. On the other hand, we may see more splats because of the number of men attempting quads, which would be kind of okay from the perspective of seeing the competitors push themselves...

I really hope Patrick lands his gorgeous quads. And I hope Daisuke does too. Also hope Ryan lands his two quads and skates well regardless of placement. It will be interesting to see of Amodio attempts the quad as he has been saying.
    I wish we didn't have to sit through not one but TWO Michael Jackson programs though. Sorry, but neither Amodio or Verner can move particularly well to that music, especially not Verner.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Tomas scored well in Russia earlier this season and even beat Patrick Chan! Hope this new venue will give him good vibes so he can kick butt and somehow manage to sneak up onto the podium
    That was when Chan had a jump combo invalidated and Verner did an all triple program the layout of which was taken from Lysacek.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I would never write any one of those men off. All 3 are so wonderful and I hope they all can skate the way we know they are capable of!
    What I meant was that they will not be able to compete in their country.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast