I'm a bit late to the party here but here's my wish list
Kozuka is really my favorite - but I think it would take mistakes from Chan for him to win - I don't want that! Oda I would expect to place higher - but I just don't really like his skating - or his program this year. The Europeans I'm finding boring and sort of empty - a little surprised to find myself liking Gachinski the most interesting of the lot.
Really though - I also want to see great skating- justly rewarded
Mrs. P, my thoughts on the rest
1. No, I know you never said three spots = stroll. But I think TWO spots will be a fight. Essentially, if one of the three American men skate their best, two spots should easily graspable. If all three have average skates, it's not.
2. Contesti tends to peak later in the season. 5th and 7th at two Worlds in a row. He's coming off a confidence booster @ Mt. Blanc breaking 80/150 in his programs.
3. D. Ten isn't someone I'm expecting to beat the Americans. He has the potential, but he's massively inconsistent.
4. I fully expect the Russian Fed to politick hard for Gachinski. Plushenko's heir apparent, with the rest of the field inconsistent (Tretiakov, Voronov), injured (Borodulin) or unlikely to make it to Sochi (Menshov). Plus he has a quad.
5. KVDP, Schlutheiss were top ten last year.
6. Doris, I'd argue that 4CC tends to be inflated in general. Duhamel/Radford got HIGHER PCS at 4CC than at Nationals. As did Lawrence/Sweigers.