Kwan "Splits" | Golden Skate

Kwan "Splits"

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
MK must be making big changes in her life. There is one topic here about her split with her boyfriend and another about her split with Scott Williams as her coach. Well that is life! All the best to her in the new season.

The one that I was really sad about was her split with Lori Nichol. I thought that was a perfect partnership between my two very favorite people in skating. Lori Nichol is a wonderful person and she really put her heart into Michelle's programs, as she does now with her other clients, especially Fumie Suguri. She also loves music and has treated us to lots of interesting musical choices. She told me once that her goal was to "make classical music cool to kids," through the medium of ice skating.

I guess Michelle felt that she had outgrown the relationship, but it still made me sad.

Mathman

Last edited:

toutestgrace

Rinkside
Mathman, I was just thinking about Lori Nichol and MK the other day. I wondered if they might get back together at some point, with Michelle taking a fresher look at what Lori has to offer, and with Lori having a new appreciation of the phenomenal skater Michelle is. I would love to see the pairing again.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Mathman & Toutestgrace,

I too was sad when Kwan quit working with Nichol. They created countless masterpieces in my mind. Nichol's work is probably my favorite among choreographers. But, I think Kwan did the right thing. Even though "Schez" wasn't the break-out change that everybody expected or wanted to see...at least Michelle tried to take a step out. Lori's work was beautiful, but I think she and Michelle had reached a point where it was difficult to produce programs that came accross as fresh and innovative. However, maybe both have grown in different directions now and have some experience that wasn't there before. I'd be all for seeing at least one more Nichol choreographed Kwan program, short or long! "EOE" still has no rival in my mind!